Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That reminded me of Vinland Saga. After so many chapters, [spoiler]End of Prologue.[/[spoiler]

All round 1 matches complete! Looking forward to the next set of bouts, I'm rooting for Sekiyaba Jun and Kuroki Gensai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

You gotta keep your appointments.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

New chapter! https://mangadex.org/chapter/448147

The second round begins!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

COME ON COSMOOOOOOOOOO

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm kind of dreading the Muteba and Jun fight.

You need more FAITH IN PRO WRESTLING

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That little recap looked absolutely brutal. :stonk:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I love Julius is all like "Don't worry, I cleared my drink with the proprieter of this establishment, we cool."

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

New chapter: https://mangadex.org/chapter/460933/1

MARVELOUS SEKI IS MARVELOUS

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I don't get it, what happened? Can it be inferred or is it something that'll only be revealed next chapter? I see the ear gouging, then some funky hand movements and almost an eye gouge? And suddenly it's a fatality or something?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

IS HE A GONER THO

https://mangadex.org/chapter/461686/1

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Iirc the brackets correctly, we have Setsuna vs Gensai next who are both being sold as super strong so that should be great.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I'm glad we all believe in pro wrestling but it's time for SAWWWWWW PAINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you all heard how excited I am for him.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/462341/1

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

K. Flaps posted:

"The Hammer of Burma" ftmfw.

seriously that was An Attack for sure

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

JosephWongKS posted:

Since the chapter ends on the headbutt as a cliffhanger instead of showing Saw winning the fight with the headbutt, then the fight definitely will not end with the headbutt. :smith:

There's still the possibility that Rei gains the advantage next chapter and then Saw wins in Chapter 152. :unsmith:

This is one of the things that I really like about Kengan Ashura: if a chapter ended on a cliffhanger, it didn't mysteriously end there and but the audience only finds out the result at the start of the next chapter; some thing(s) has to happen before it concludes. And if it does end at a chapter, the ending is definitive and clear.

What I'm saying is, next chapter is Saw Paing just hanging onto Rei while upgrading the Hammer of Burma into the HAMMERS OF BURMA

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

come on gensai!!!

(he's probably jobbing isn't he)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

https://mangadex.org/chapter/465603/1

KNOW YOUR PLACE

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

thought setsuna would win based on main character connection but i think we have hit PEAK FLASHBACK

get im gensai!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

FIRST FRIEND MADE

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I really like the idea that some fighters are scared of death/pain. We saw it with Imai, and we're seeing it again with Sen (or at least, that's what Bando is thinking). Gives the characters range and differentiates them, especially from other action manga I feel.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Joseance posted:

So did sen actually kill him

Of course not. No matter how lethal you are, nobody dies, ever.

Meguro who?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yo Gaolang's full page shot was drat cool. Can't wait!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I think Kaneda got the roughest draw of the four idiots. He immediately starts off with Best Boxer Gaolang (and loses) but if he won, he'd have to fight Evolving Fang of Metsudo, then Peak Condition Sen, then Friendly Master Genzan, which makes his last match for the block the "easiest," Ninja Wannabe Rei.

I guess Okubo counts too, just swapping Gaolang and Fang.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

NutritiousSnack posted:

EDIT: Gao's the most popular character in the series, let's see what he can do.

Where is this from? I'm surprised Gao's the number 1 pick, though he is great.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Like, that part where Ouma's doing his mental training on how he can beat Adam and Gozo where imaginary Nico goes, "You're only basing this on what you've seen, they probably have other stuff they couldn't show off due to how their match went" was really nice.

Yeah, I loved that.Just because he saw them fight like that in that matchup, it doesn't mean that was the extent of their abilities or how they would've approached Ouma.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

https://mangadex.org/chapter/474320

new chapterLETSGOGAOLANG

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The Lord of Hats posted:

I really hope we get an explanation for how Adam speaks fluent Japanese.

I hope the answer is that this world operates under Tekken rules - everyone speaks their native language and understands each other perfectly

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Awesome chapter with an amazing amount of references.

We still haven't seen the conclusion to Gaolong/Adam/Kaneda/Cosmo vs spinny sword guy right? It ended on Kaneda basically going "Oh poo poo Cosmo's got (imperfect) Foresight now!"

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hello friends today we see some wrestling moves

https://mangadex.org/chapter/487207

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

KING OF STRANGLERS

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wow that look into Cosmo's mind as he desperately tries to find a way to win is incredibly engaging and amazing.

I love it too! He's been with us since more or less the start, and has gotten quite a lot of upgrades like Ohma has.

I also love the reaction shots of everyone watching the final moment of the fight. He's made the most friends, and they were rooting for him.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

what are you talking about this volume just comes with a ripped front page

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i like that muteba is always evaluating attack efficiency, even if it's against him

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i wish this fight was maybe a chapter longer but i feel this conclusion is extremely consistent with muteba's character

the whole time he's been commenting he's like "why are you doing it like this it's not worth it" and he ends his run with "why would i do this it's not worth it"

also great reveal on wakatsuki's eye, which makes sense

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

LOVE IS DEAD

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

LET'S GO SEN

fang takes this i think because GENSAI V HANG WOULD BE SUPER HYPE

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sen ALREADY flashbacked - sure it was like 5 minutes ago but still

Artelier fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 5, 2018

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

last panel dope as hell rooting for hatsumi now

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Gotta say, I really like the characterisation of Ohma and Wakatsuki here. Ohma being openly terrified/in shock for the first time, and Wakatsuki just gritting his teeth and going all in for the victory has made me appreciate them more

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Kuroki Gensai, legendary super assassin with fingers that can pierce stone easily, is a great friend and I love it.

Speaking of, I'm rooting for The Beard. Let's go!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

It was basically foreshadowed earlier when Fang shut him down hard. Ohma has to be given the chance to make up for that

Naw, when Sen was like "What if we fight in the finals," Ohma was like "Then I'd have beaten Sen by default."

What I'm saying is GO GENSAI PIERCE THAT PLOT ARMOUR

Prediction: Fang is going to get his rear end kicked, adapt, and lose anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Gensai best guy