Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020
I CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT D&D

Julius is wearing a shirt! Is that even legal?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Seems like pony-tailed Purgatory fighter isn't Kureishi after all.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Begemot posted:

They're gonna make us love Carlos and then have Gaolang win.

The surest way to make us love Carlos is to give him flashbacks about his past and background, showing us that he is fighting to pay for his little sister's medical bills to treat her mysterious incurable illness.

And we all know what happens when someone gets flashbacks in this series.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Zerilan posted:

Actually he hung out with Saw Paing for awhile and now not only is the broken bones in his hand fixed, they're stronger than ever!

Gaolang will beat Carlos with his new finishing move, the Hammer of Thailand.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Two ways to reach Gensai-level status:

(a) Train for decades in the forests and in mountain monasteries, like Gensai;

(b) Order a reference book from Amazon and train for 20 hours.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

JamMasterJim posted:

The man with a thousand nicknames is on the scene.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/929782/1

I was not expecting my country to be represented in the tournament.

I can however attest that Singaporean chicken rice is loving delicious, and that it's absolutely vital that the Kengan Association records the information on the Purgatory fighters' favourite foods.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

That's a loving wild backstory lol.

Magician -> Hitman -> Underground MMA champion -> Weeaboo self-taught ninja

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

New chapter is out - https://mangadex.org/chapter/975797/1

Okay own up, which of you guys talking about Julius is the mangaka?

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Julius is gonna pull a Kenpachi and unleash the ultimate secret technique of punching with two hands.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

verbal enema posted:

Its canon that Julius can only wear trunks and nothing else

i mean no one is gonna tell him no so

Also Julius saying that no one can best him anymore amd name dropping Watasuki of course but also Kanoh AND Gensai has be rreeeeeeaaaallly wanting Gensai vs Julius at somepoint somehow

I cant remember what Saw Paing has been up to? I miss the loudest handsome boy :c

During Gaolang's match with Medel, there was a panel of Saw Paing and Fisherman Grandpa sitting in the spectator stands, cheering for Gaolang.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Kanos posted:

Basically the entire cast consists of competitors in or organizers of illegal underground deathmatch organizations. Nobody's really got clean hands here.

Dr Death is the most moral fighter relative to the other fighters, and is also a good person on an absolute scale.

He has healed many people with his medical skills, and the people he kills are all terrible criminals and psychopaths.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Brought To You By posted:

Any time a character has prolonged a match because of ego or pride they lose. Misasa is tripping some major flags here :ohdear:

Monke has burnt one flashback last chapter and a quasi-flashback at the start of this chapter, while Misasa hasn't used up any flashbacks yet.

Furthermore, no one likes Monke, whereas Misasa has friends amongst the Extermination Squad and the Katahara bodyguard squad.

So Misasa has the lead in both flashbacks as well as friends, which should make up for the death flags he's tripping.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Hypocrisy posted:

Yumigahama vs. the world!

I don't think any possible martial arts technique in Yumigahara's arsenal could counter the ability to freeze time, unless wandering off to pick up construction equipment to drop on your opponent counts as disqualification due to a ring out.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Sensei Koga, forgive me, but i'll have to go all out, just this once

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Old Man Katahara - "I did everything that I could to restore his humanity, including pitting him against other fighters in borderline-anything-goes matches for money and influence, where he killed eight and maimed many others over the course of his career."

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Hope Alisa's employment contract includes insurance for therapy. She's going to need, like, so much therapy.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

I can't believe Shiina's just coolly refereeing the matches again after just seeing a dude literally ripped in half in front of her and having said dude's blood splashed in her eyes. Talk about nerves of steel.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Rihito vs Falcon are also connected through the common thread of Kuroki (being the teacher of Rihito and the person whom Falcon aspires to beat).

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Brought To You By posted:

So basically Jurata is already going for the motion of the throw and he just hooks the opponent with the most slight contact. Thus nobody can react to them like a normal throw? So far this is still a good fight, a little wary that he's getting compared to gensai because I remember the last time someone got that.

Also, Masaki's masochism levels are rising. He is getting faster.

And then when Masaki starts getting up faster than Jurota can throw him, Jurota reveals the Real Realest Jurota:

Groundwork.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Zzulu posted:

Baki levels of BS? This is a comic where people with black eyes can go supersaiyan because of their genes or whtaver, ripping people in half with their hands and where one german guy has invented superhuman muscle control and is punching people through floors. It's already ridiculous

Yeah, back in Kengan Ashura you already had:

(a) Inaba's prehensile hair;

(b) Gensai carving concrete into statues with his fingers;

(c) Dr Death carving out his femurs and sticking them into his arms as bone swords, and coming back to life after his vertebrae were snapped;

(d) Daredevil Muteba;

(e) the death row prisoner with the octopus limbs and neck;

(f) Niko deflecting bullets with his fist.

If these don't shake your suspension of disbelief, then the sky should be the limit as far as "acceptable levels of BS" goes.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there any out for Arashiyama at this point? It seems like his only option is to suck it up and ring out Hayami.

He could try to dislocate all four of Masaki's limbs with locks and leave Masaki totally unable to get up after a 10-count.

Alternatively, apply a chokehold and choke out Masaki.

Not sure how Jurota could achieve either of those with only one functional arm against someone who gets pleasure from pain, though.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Zerilan posted:

Still pulling for Masaki here to even up the win count so team Kengan doesn't need murder cop to win.

The possibility still remains for Masaki to win by dying.

I.e. Jurota proves himself the "better" fighter, but he can't do it within Purgatory rules.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Artelier posted:

He is going to reveal that he level upped his judo so much that he doesn't need arms to throw

Remember how Koga's karate master uncle said that biting is a fearsome finishing move?

Jurota's gonna reveal that he can throw with his teeth.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

This all raises the question of "Since Akoya is widely known to be a nutso psycho killer, why did Kazzy pick him for a tournament where the rules are 'you lose the match if you kill your opponent'?"

Edit: And also why did Kazzy pick Raian

Catpetter1981 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 1, 2021

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

If Nicholas Le Banner and his opponent both die of blood loss during their fight, who becomes the new Nicholas Le Banner?

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

It's possible that tanking hits with his face in every fight is why Nitoku is bad at writing.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

It's funny how Alisa made a big fuss about Hayami wearing earpods, but Terashi openly wears a protective metal mask and it's NBD.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Guess my Terashi is Nezu theory is probably not gonna happen.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

I appreciate Falcon doing "Nin" in the background in this chapter and the previous one.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Kanos posted:

Okay so how many slightly different veiny super saiyan forms are we up to now?

Ohma - Advance
Kure family + Lu Tian - Removal
Alan Wu - Guihun
Fei Wangwang - Divine Demon

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wakatsuki hits him so hard that he knocks the concept of veiny hyper modes out of the manga.

Julius' drill punch is kinda like a veiny hyper mode, now that I think about it.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Artelier posted:

Iunno, Raian's been pretty chill in Omega. Still a dick, but relatively chill. Especially when compared to the main character of the story, Nicolas Le Banner.

If whoever defeats Nicholas becomes Nicholas, doesn't that mean Lolong is now Nicholas? Since Lolong was the last person to land a knockout blow on Nicholas. Or does Terashi become Nicholas if he successfully assassinates Nicholas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

Fei has already used up two flashbacks and Waka hasn't used a single one.

Fei's friendships are all based on falsehood (half of them are Worm infiltrators and he himself was a secret Tiger Vessel), whereas Waka has many friends throughout the series including gaining a new one in the form of Julius.

Waka has this match in the bag.