Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Patware posted:

i think the message of the fight ultimately is turning out to be "these super modes are kinda stupid"

wakatsuki didnt even break out anything new and took it to a DKO against double god by nothing more than being full of piss, vinegar, and an always-on no-drawback superpower
There's not much to say, Wakatsuki was just born with a (much, much, much) better body. This is why I don't really like the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He's a professional fighter, of course he practices fighting. Julius is the hilarious one because refusing to learn anything is so perverse. (Those who are truly strong no techniques is my favorite line in the series because it's so stupid)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 24, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So how old is lolong anyways? I forgot if we were told.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Even in a silly manga like this 422 lifetime matches is so preposterous, it makes no sense.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 13, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This is a travesty. the character everyone liked just died.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

how are these villains so STUPID?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh yeah so does Hayami giving meguro Hui Sheng audiobooks actually make him the fifth Wu? Or is he a knockoff Wu?

EDIT: Wait, he was getting Hui Sheng to make him more like his crazed brother? And Hayami was surprised he turned out psycho????

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lol another developed fighter dead in a flash. Like.... why. I get that Liu Tian wasnt going to be a major character but why delete him?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Xia is the real tiger's vessel, isn't he...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah... no way you'd just throw away a fun villain....

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Falcon is the best. I want him to win it, except I also want cosmo to win it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I didn't really enjoy the Yumigahama outcome. I'd prefer he lose but take no damage and just be a total prick about it. Like four purgatory fighters died that tournament how much am I supposed to care about Jose's injuries?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Angry Lobster posted:

The "being a murderer" curse :hmmyes:
I honestly think that's it. Like he couldnt remember how to fight without killing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think Sao Paing is unkillable, so maybe it'll work our?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'd like Cosmo to win, but unfortunately there's no reason to put him in the tourney except to have an upset.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I liked this series better when the characters I liked won.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cosmo was the disciple of a top tier.......

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't like Koga. Other characters have lives and histories with their fighting and he's just Mr talent. Baki and Ippo do a good job because even the gifted talents aren't just Good.

(I do like Ryuki ofc)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 17, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

why doesn't everyone just develop superpowers by spending an afternoon with ohma?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

the "unrefined" version of the niko technique snaps forearms in half. one-handed.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't understand the importance of ryuki and koga fighting each other, they already respect one another. Just to make it clear the ppl who commit to other styles are a bunch of idiots?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 28, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I mean in Baki the cord cutter went after tendons and ligaments that were close to the skin crippling limbs one by one. Rihito appears to have cut someone inches deep from their head down their entire torso. Even musashi's invisible sword didn't actually cut people.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This cosmo guy sounds strong, I bet he'll look really good in his fight.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Can you spoiler your entire comment next time please? The first sentence makes it pretty obvious how the chapter will play out.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 26, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I like Ryuki more than Koga and he has suffered so much in the past 50 chapters. Hard to imagine him not failing here it has been so long.

That said Dudley's gimmick is exceptionally stupid even by kengan standards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

As long as Rihito is unable to touch any part of Saw Paing's body besides his forehead, he is perfectly countered...

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 16, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There doesnt have to be an out. In KA Cosmo was supposed to have grown into being much more savage and driven during the Akoya+Ohma fights. Then two years later he's back to losing as the nice guy who hesitates too much. Stuff just happens in this series.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I made it up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Prowling around with psychopaths and not training for matches seemed like such a winning move, I'm shocked it worked out like this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm a bad reader and I dont really know what the worm are supposed to be doing that's bad. They seem to just reveal themselves and die over and over.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Give me Xia Ji over Koga any day.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The chapter does seem to suggest repeatedly that he's not actually 100 years old.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Edwatd's death was already written and submitted by the time he became popular. Wonder if Sandro had any regrets when he saw how people reacted to the start of his fight.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Gensai's trick to beat the advance and thus win Kengan Ashura was to Devil Lance Ohma's thigh so that using advance would cause him to bleed out. Gaoh has at least been more fun than other worms but he feels a bit too strong to keep living unfortunately.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Gaoh is 100 years old. He probably fought in world war 2.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Carlos showed us the true strength of a 98 pound weakling...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The good news is this manga will never have a worse fight than Carlos vs Gaolang.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sextro posted:

Personally, I love it when a villain unveils a whole new level of prowess that seemingly invalidates every known character's growth and power.
I liked it when it was edward and mukaku but I don't like it on this guy for some reason.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I wasnt being sarcastic for the record I legitimately liked those characters. Huisheng to make people 10x stronger and more knowledgeable than all living humans is just silly it was a funny narrative device for Masaki but this is too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yuujiro has barely factored into the baki plot post maximum tournament he just kind of struts around and smiles at people, menacingly. It would be like if the connector just stayed in the stands eating popcorn forever.