Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

AtomikKrab posted:

Boxing rings have ropes on the edge. And the Saw Paing match was timed, Gaolong won on points because he did more offense.

Fair enough I guess I expected more from Gaolong, who isn't a meathead character. I could easily see this happening with Rihito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I feel that this fight really accentuates how different the Gaou style is compared to the Niko style now that Ryuki is showing off more techniques. Even though they already explained that the Gaou style is an underhanded assassin type martial art, since Ryuki was basically just spamming 1 move repeatedly intermixed with Niko style katas, I didn't really feel he was that much different from Ohma. Now we're really getting to see the little tricks Ryuki does that separates him from Ohma's brawler type fights.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Fabricated posted:

Gaou style is for the guy who doesn't want to be bothered in a dangerous place, Niko style is for people who want to DO something with it in a dangerous place.

It's kinda weird that Ryuki's grampa taught him a style that is apparently easily countered if you know the techniques and then told him to go kill people in an organization that is specifically keeping tabs on him

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
daromeon specifically said NOT to make these type of requests

https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1321250071430582272?s=20

he cannot help us

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Its a worm with legs. A Superior Worm to reflect their goal of attaining the Superior Human

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

AtomikKrab posted:

That is 100% what is being implied

ghost naidan watching himself fight from heaven

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Nicolas seemingly forgot that he lost to Jose when he was first introduced which doesn't match his haughty personality, really wants to kill, and he also doesn't seem to care about Naidan's death despite being close to him in the past (which is probably how Naiden figured out he's not the real Nicolas) making him either a super narcissistic sociopath or an imposter. But would the Tiger Vessal really get reconstructive surgery and completely change his face like this? I feel like he'd fight as himself like Naidan instead of pretending to be someone else. Story wise it'd be kind of weird to have this major villain with someone else's face

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Plutonis posted:

He could have just lost to Jose on purpose in order to keep his cover up for being worm or whatever

Yeah true that's possible too.

lol this chapter is actually pretty funny, Lu Tian calls Liu trash in his face and after everything has been deescalated and Liu is already walking away, Raian runs forward and tries to throw a massive punch out of nowhere. Lu Tian also seems to be fighting in what appears to be business casual attire.

Also, where is Alan Wu? He hasn't appeared at all this chapter.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
mortal kombat fatality jesus christ

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Wait so Lolong's epithet is King, has the same hairstyle, and people make a big deal whenever he does mundane gestures?

He's King from OPM played straight.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Jose posted:

He was introduced as king or the king as soon as we saw him and I'm sure I posted about that

Oh, I didn't know his epithet was revealed in previous chapters. I know there were comparisons before but his official name actually being King is a little too on the nose

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
yeah, this makes Hamayi just look like a dumbass by trying to recreate Masaki by reinstilling Masaki's madness into a seemingly mentally stable person

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
The king's engine is roaring!!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Liu seeing Naidan in Toku means they're going to be the biggest of bros after this

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/S1DgTFv/1/1/

123!

Confirmed by the drafts, Waka wasn't using blast core. Apparently that mountain shaking punch was the same thing he did to Gozo in the KAT

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
If Muteba drops his knife then he's got a chance. The record for knife users vs unarmed is very poor.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
What's Fei's plan if he wins here is he just going to casually walk back to the Purgatory side, say sup to Lolong and the gang and watch the next match as if he didn't just transform into a horribly grotesque blood spurting monster. I'm assuming the Worms have something planned afterwards since the other Niko murdered all those dudes and Eddie saying there's been a change in plan

I hope Fei loses though c'mon Waka just blast core him outta the arena and into the horizon like Team Rocket

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Yan the worm head seems to be banking on Ryuki being the tiger vessel seeing how Naidan sacrificed himself on his orders. That's assuming Tiger vessel = the last/omega child = recipient for guihan or whatever, I'm assuming they overlap since Other Niko and Worm are allies and all.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Looks like Fei wanted to make a big show out of clowning his Kengan opponent to impress the other niko for his trial. He didn't expect someone like Waka who just wouldn't quit and completely underestimated him.

assuming waka gets back up, they can add "a talented underground Chinese martial artist who had unlocked the secrets of the mind and body" to the list of legends ended for Waka's next flashback

yum fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 25, 2021

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
his flashback never mentioned how he beat his opponents. one of them could've also lost by punching Waka so hard that all their blood vessels imploded

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I like kengan again

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
all of this is setup for the final part of the trilogy: kengan ligma

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
how many cigars does Eddie have. he's going to pull another one out and light it as he walks away after this fights done isn't he

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Edward is literally the gigachad meme down to the shiteating grin permanently etched on his face

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Brought To You By posted:

I hope Muteba knows Ohma is as broke as a joke.

What do ya mean Ohma is the new Kure head now

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
at this rate, next chapter Ohma will run into Tiger Niko in the hallway and instakill him with the niko style 5 point palm exploding heart technique and the manga will end

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
if there's anything I've learned from this series is that all weapon users are jobbers

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
weird that 90% of the Wu share the jobbing demon as their epitaph

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
oh hey it's blonde Ohma and blonde Niko. As worms, better hope one of them doesn't slip and drown in the pond

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
This is certainly one way to hype up how powerful the Connector is

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
audible guffaw from me when they presented Himuro - the Icy Emperor as a top tier fighter

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Koga will win the tournament by unveiling the fruits of his training: Niko style going limp at the joints

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

King of Solomon posted:

:sigh: Goddamn it, again with the slurs.

dont worry, they're all freudian slips

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Freakin lame!!! Ryuki deserves to lose!!! Cmon dudley just kill him!!!!! and Setsuna too while you're at it

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Rihito should beat up Ryuki next so that we come around full circle

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Brought To You By posted:

Sandrovich forgot that Seki pretty much always uses [Wrecking Defense] as shown in his fight with Koizan. But it is a good thing he finally remembered that Okubo doesn't have a trump card so I'm excited to see how this [Golden Eight Seconds] pans out. Okubo has lacked a finisher since soccer kick isn't something he seems to enjoy since killing isn't his end goal and he has to massively hold back using it.

Wakatsuki: The pinnacle of modern Mixed Martial Arts... The deadly Soccer Kick to the Head technique.

*cut to Kuroki, crossed-armed, nodding* Very impressive, Okubo... Few have managed to unlock its true destructive potential. Even I would have difficulty taking it head-on.

Rihito: Even you, master?!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

CharlestonJew posted:

KO was much better in the first 50 chapters or so when it was just the story of a relatively normal guy working his way up to join the monsters of the Kengan fighters

when Okubo revealed his special technique of holding his breath for 8 seconds I was suddenly reminded of Ohma shadow boxing underwater for 8 straight minutes in KA

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Which one do you think is the Tiger Niko? I can spot our Niko in the back cause of the eye lines but none of them are blonde

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/sdTs4mO/1/1/

Volume 16 extras

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I want to see Julius fight someone who isn't a muscle bound freak like he is. And the ballet dancer doesn't count, that person got eliminated in the jobber rounds of Koga's b-team tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Feel free to correct me, but it's based on the South Asian ritual of guu, which is where you leave a bunch of venomous creatures (spiders, snakes, etc.) in a jar with limited resources so they duke it out and the poison is extracted from the last one standing. The idea is that whatever you are developing will be the most potent in the winner which is developed through the brutal elimination process of the battle royale. Conducting it with insects and creatures is pretty inhumane, so masterminding it using human participants is considered typical psychopath bad guy stuff in a lot of Asian media.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gu_(poison)