Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Rangpur posted:

If there are any matches that end in a single blow, Watatsuki, Julius and The Fang would be the ones to bet on. I'd expect the next chapter to cover Goro's discovery of the Kengan matches, how their first clash went from Watatsuki's perspective, and whatever error made it's way into his pre-fight bio. (FWIW, I resisted the temptation to look at the raws thus far so don't bother mentioning whether I have it right.)

Regarding the error, there is this one page where it obviously shows how similar they are in terms of body type. I went back and checked; the announcer skips his weight/height. I'm guessing the light-haired fighter is much heavier than the other guy because of denser ( = stronger ) muscles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Yeah I can see Julius losing so his boss will be forced to rely on some glorious nippon fighter.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

ZeroCount posted:

Yeah, it was actually a pretty good fakeout. He's just been doing sumo stuff this entire match so it actually made me forget that he's considered a disgrace to sumo for a reason. Nobody expects that sort of kick from a sumo wrestler.

To me it looked like he did the sumo leg raise training exercise, only using it as an attack.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

That being said, I wouldn't mind having some idea of what the hell Medicine Man is planning.

I think that even the writer doesn't know that yet.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

I wonder who all we're going to see return for the sequel series.

Slim Wrestler Haruo, assassin Hirito, late growth spurt Cosmo... maybe the sumo guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Koga would get owned if he subbed in; he's not on the same level as the other fighters yet.

Is it a knockout tournament or best out of x? He might be able to handle an injured purgatory fighter.