Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Ytlaya posted:

While I think the assassin will probably win, I'm actually not 100% sure. I'd give the priest maybe a 10-20% chance. There's clearly something special going on with him.

Isn't that the case with all of them? They all have weird hidden poo poo going for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I hope Rihito gets far in the tourney surprising everyone.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Nice to see that Rihito was furious and covered in blood because the guy shot blood all over him like a horned toad lol.

I hope we get a flashback that shows off just what the gently caress actually happened in that bathroom. Both seemed completely unharmed despite it all.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I really hope Jun gets a win here. He's way more interesting in the long run than the sumo man. But then again a benched Jun joining the peanut gallery could be fun. But more pro wrestling would be way better.

The author has an odd idea regarding a "sadistic look" imo. That concept art just came across as :geno: to me.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

A voiced/animated Jerry Tyson. :allears:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I read some of the raws. Now it will be even longer before I get to read anything new. I don't know why I did this to myself. :negative:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Out of all the fights this one feels the most unfair. It doesn't feel right to pair this guy with a serial murderer. Dude just wants to have a good fight.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The fact that the chapter ended right there and then makes it hard to believe Jun's actually down. I try not to meta game outcomes in comics but I guess I want to believe in Pro Wrestling.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The moment the flashback happened I was like "well gently caress".

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I like how even though Seki lost the match, he still won over the whole crowd. Even when he loses he still wins.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

No way the boring lightning ninja is down.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Setsuna losing here would be really interesting and that's why it won't happen. :(

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I wonder how much Ohma cares about this outcome.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Joseance posted:

I don't think it was ever stated though. Just that he is s notorious flake and people were surprised that nogi got him to turn up for the tournament. It also explains why nogi was confident about winning the whole thing considering what is on the line for him

It was so long ago its easy to forget.

Nogi first was like "i want ohma, but he needs to prove himself first". So he did by owning people like Jun and Rihito and then that bastard was all like "lol jk I'm not gonna hire you imma get Sen instead".

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

There's no way the author won't do that, yeah.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Gaolang is not exactly being honest here. This is precisely what he was after.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Hassad didn't even get to participate in something meaningfu. Or he did and I forgot? Iirc he got knocked off the boat as the most memorable thing he did. I'm sure he gets a role but for now he's just camping.

Also mockey got 1hko'd. Couldn't even do anything.

Gozo could've had rad fights but he had the misfortune of immediately facing Waka. Although I guess he was after that fight. He had solid fortitude considering his opponent's strength.

E: oh you meant out of a specific group of people. Well all these dudes are silly in their own way :v:.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 29, 2018

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I vaguely recall Rihito killing two people early in the manga.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Haha aight. Anime constitution! :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I can't find the tourney roster. Whose next in line to face Cosmo?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

Ohma I think

Lol. They're both so hosed I kinda wonder how they're supposed to fight. At least Cos won't have to face someone who is literally trying to kill him.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Copyman lied about the speed of his copying to intimidate Sen into believing he was even more dangerous than he really was, but all the things he learned he learned for real. It just took way longer than he claimed, and of course changes like Removal and Advanced can't be imitated, plus he can't copy the level of strength/toughness. By the time he arrived he had copied 80% of Gao's skills, though. He just did the dumbass thing of trying to use aikido on an aikido master.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Fang is not unharmed. Both Gaolang and Okubo got solid hits on him.

Unsure if Sen can take him though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Gg.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

For the finals two dudes in full casts will be wheeled into the arena and it will all be decided with a thumb war.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

And it will be amazing.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I hope Gao gets to see Saw's change of heart asap.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Adam better get the limelight I feel he can do far more than we've seen so far.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The Okubo head lock > punch was hella lol.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

People talk about Kengan Asura being unrealistic but I appreciate them showing a psycho cop immediately getting a job after he reveals himself to be a psycho.

I don't really care about this arc overall though. I want to get back to the tournament.

Idk I find this a fresh change of pace. I was already wondering how things would go, since Ohma vs Kiryu in the finals suddenly became less likely.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

It almost looked like they retconned his teeth until they showed this new cover.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Serious Face Kaz is p cool.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Looking forward to seeing some crazy poo poo from these two.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So cosmo is just going to dodge everything for 99% of the fight and then loses to a single punch to the face.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So Cosmo trying to make Ohma give up through a display of skill. Good luck with that Cozzy.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

RIP Cos, thought of arms and died.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

It's hard to resist the urge to read ahead.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I hope one of these covers is just Saw's face up close like in that Omake. And then it stays that way forever.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Well he really got to have some fun didn't he. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Reading Kengan makes a lot of other fight sequences in other comics feel stale and/or less readable, despite the fact that a lot of other comics feature far more fantastical(sci fi, magic) elements than this comic. Subtle things like Muteba redirecting a blow on his shoulder or silently showcasing how explosive Waka starts a fight is really well done.

And often having every maneuver explained/analysed is boring AF and a sign that the author isn't clear in their intent yet here it works really well.