Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Scribbleykins posted:

Scrapie
If Scrapie checks his Specs, are there any wifi signals in the area?
Appears to be none. Either they are running in silent hoping you didn’t notice them or they just may not have and usable ubiq devices.
There is a bit of tension in the air, so far they have not attacked you, but that may just be because you haven’t trespassed just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Lala
She got out of the truck. Walked a little ways forwards, looked right at where she'd seen the binoculars, gauged the distance between her and the casualties, back to the observer. Then she waved and shouted.

"Hey! Anybody home?"

Is this enough for a Will? :v:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

ThreeStep posted:

Lala
Is this enough for a Will? :v:
Yes, yes it is
Upon hearing her yell, the person seems to have decided it was time to defend their turf and lets off a shot with a pistol
I believe that is athletics, now everyone roll your initiatives
“The place is ours drat it! Go raid somewhere else!”

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Lala
Lala dived, scrambling for the cover of the truck. "Guess they don't want visitors!"

Initiative: 1d10+3 6
Athletics +2: 2#1d10 8 7 Total is Black 10, Red 7 Does this count as my twitch for the round?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

ThreeStep posted:

Lala
Lala dived, scrambling for the cover of the truck. "Guess they don't want visitors!"

Initiative: 1d10+3 6
Athletics +2: 2#1d10 8 7 Total is Black 10, Red 7 Does this count as my twitch for the round?

Yeah, but you forgot your red initiative die, for me to use

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Red die: 1d10 2

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Boy Scout

Boy Scout couldn't help but feel a sense of déjà vu at the gunshot and shouts. "We don't want your piddly garbage! We're here doin' some type of science bullshit!"

Intiative, Speed +2: B4 R9 Total: B6 R9

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Scrapie

Not for the first time, while Scrapie was considering what to do and how to best do it, his teammates happily jumped the gun. As the scout's firearm went off, the veterinarian swore and half-ducked instinctively into a hunch, but remained standing out in the open. He put his hands to his mouth to form a primitive horn, as he risked another volley in order to hail the evidently very scared and trigger-happy watchman.

"We're not raiders! We're Takers from Dead End on a job! Stop your shootin' so we can stop our hollerin, so we don't bring every goddamn casualty in town right up to your doorstep over a stupid misunderstandin'!"

Tactic - stand out in the open talking, while getting shot at. Twitch - Athletics to not get shot if I get shot at (since I don't know if I do, feel free to roll for me if I am).

Initiative +2: 2#1d10 Black 7 Red 7
Persuasion +1: 2#1d10 Black 10 Red 5

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Turn order

Survivor 3
Scrapie
Survivor 2
Boy Scout
Lala
Survivor 1
Survivor 4

Charging out of one of the windows you see a half starved man, Sanity looks to be of questionable quality, he is carrying a fire axe. He moves behind one of the nearer vehicles

Scribbleykins posted:

Scrapie

"We're not raiders! We're Takers from Dead End on a job! Stop your shootin' so we can stop our hollerin, so we don't bring every goddamn casualty in town right up to your doorstep over a stupid misunderstandin'!"

Tactic - stand out in the open talking, while getting shot at. Twitch - Athletics to not get shot if I get shot at (since I don't know if I do, feel free to roll for me if I am).

Initiative +2: 2#1d10 Black 7 Red 7
Persuasion +1: 2#1d10 Black 10 Red 5

Unfortunately seems not much is making it through their heads. Not every person who goes through tragedy ends up as functional as Lala and Boy Scout.

You still have your tactic unless you want to hold that off

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I have been informed that Scrapie used his tactic rather than his twitch, by bad.

Another Survivor appears! this time moving out of the pawn shop nearest to Boy Scout and moves in with the most mall ninja machete you have ever seen. Possibly the only weapon from the shop not looted before hand... because it's blade is painted in cammo and has hideously impractical brass knuckles built into the handle. roll athletics! then it is your turn

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Boy Scout

Boy Scout stumbles backwards as the QVC Warrior's blade bites into the lip of the truck bed.

"Hey now Hoss! I ain't one for knife fightin'!" He shouts while leveling his shotgun with the man and racking a shell into the chamber.

Dodge Check plus 3 Rations for Extra Effort
Athletics +2, Extra Effort +3: B4 R6 Total: B9 R6

Then I'm readying my Shotgun. That still costs at least a twitch action with cumbersome removed, so I'm done.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Survivor 1 is still on the roof and takes a shot at Scrapie! luckily you saved your Tactic to dodge
Survivor 4 Exits an old shoe store and moves in to take cover behind a derelict vehicle… Man is covered in black veins over his nearly skeletal body. Holding a Sawed-Off

Those of the Misfits who can spare a glance into the distance, can see stampede slowly enter view. 8 Shambles/turns!!

Humanity check for stress please!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Scrapie

Just as he was coming to the realization that the locals were a few marbles short of a set, Scrapie felt pain lance through him and the pit of his stomach dropped out.

It'd finally happened. He'd been killed, way out here in the wasteland, for no goddamn reason. He'd fall down, bleed out, or be left for the loving casualties, bleeding out.

Athletics +2: 2#1d10 Black 3 Red 4 fail
Self-Control +2 2#1d10 Black 9 Red 7 CRIT FAIL :siren:

What and where is the hit box and humanity damage, doc Twibbit? Also, might as well do survivor 3's round before it's Scrapie's turn to realize he's not actually critically injured, and then flip the gently caress out.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Scribbleykins posted:

Scrapie

Just as he was coming to the realization that the locals were a few marbles short of a set, Scrapie felt pain lance through him and the pit of his stomach dropped out.

It'd finally happened. He'd been killed, way out here in the wasteland, for no goddamn reason. He'd fall down, bleed out, or be left for the loving casualties, bleeding out.

Athletics +2: 2#1d10 Black 3 Red 4 fail
Self-Control +2 2#1d10 Black 9 Red 7 CRIT FAIL :siren:

What and where is the hit box and humanity damage, doc Twibbit? Also, might as well do survivor 3's round before it's Scrapie's turn to realize he's not actually critically injured, and then flip the gently caress out.

Hit Location: 1d10 5

Everyone who fails the humanity check takes only 1 stress .....for now.

Edit, seems I lost track of some of what survivor is which. so from now on for my own benefit...

Survivor 1 - Gun
Survivor 2 - Mall Ninja
Survivor 3 - fireaxe
Survivor 4 - SAWED OFF Latent

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 14, 2017

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Survivor 3 sees boyscout readying a shotgun to use on his friend and moves in and makes a swing at Boy Scout

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Scrapie

"Fuuuuck," gasped Scrapie, growing near breathless from the emphasis he put into the word. Hi right arm bled - hurt - but he realized it was still moving. A red line along his biceps , that was all. A scratch for Scrapie. He went for the handgun, pain lancing up his arm as he did so, heart beginning to pump from fear and stress as he stood in the middle of an open street, guns and assailants to the fore, shambling stampede behind.

"Die, ya loon!" he cried out, aiming to fire after the other gunman even as pain kept lancing through his arm and fouling his aim.

Full offense, tactic to draw gun, tactic to shoot gunman, accepting whatever punishment comes in return. Also, shouldn't I be getting more humanity damage from my critical fail? Or maybe just tag on an extra hit for trauma, not just stress? And speaking of crit fails...

Shoot +2: 2#1d10 Black 7 Red 5 crit fail :siren:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Scribbleykins posted:

Scrapie

"Fuuuuck," gasped Scrapie, growing near breathless from the emphasis he put into the word. Hi right arm bled - hurt - but he realized it was still moving. A red line along his biceps , that was all. A scratch for Scrapie. He went for the handgun, pain lancing up his arm as he did so, heart beginning to pump from fear and stress as he stood in the middle of an open street, guns and assailants to the fore, shambling stampede behind.

"Die, ya loon!" he cried out, aiming to fire after the other gunman even as pain kept lancing through his arm and fouling his aim.

Full offense, tactic to draw gun, tactic to shoot gunman, accepting whatever punishment comes in return. Also, shouldn't I be getting more humanity damage from my critical fail? Or maybe just tag on an extra hit for trauma, not just stress? And speaking of crit fails...

Shoot +2: 2#1d10 Black 7 Red 5 crit fail :siren:

Scrapie's Gun jams! takes a twitch to unjam it on his next turn

Survivor 2 is waiting on the results of Boy Scout's Dodge check before the market decides his action

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Boy Scout

In the edge of his peripheral Boy Scout caught sight of the axe blade racing towards his thigh. Jumping back on pure instinct he finally runs out of truck. As he tumbles out of the back he feels the axe head tug at his pant leg. As he jumps back onto his feet he's welcomed by the sight of a full blown Casualty stampede.

"Mama Abel says, 'Good Lord won't give us more than we can burden.' So he must think a hell of a lot of us!"

Self Control +2: B7 R7 CRITICAL! Crit Fail!

I'm not sure what to do with a Crit Self Control Roll. Could I upgrade Scrapie's Crit Fail to a Fail to prevent whatever effect that will eventually have?

Athletics +2, Extra Effort +2: B2 R3 Total: B6 R3

EDIT: Messed up. It was really a crit fail.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 15, 2017

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Survivor 2 swings the GVC Special towards Boy Scout as well

Boy Scout may spend his tactic to dodge as well, essentially locked out of a turn. Or may roll Location and Damage and just take the hit!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I'll go ahead and take the damage. I can't keep letting these two run me in circles.

Boy Scout

Boy Scout feels a streak of flame race across his back as it opens up. Old reflexes take hold and his shotgun bucks in his hands as he fires it across his hip. The man is reeling away while his legs twist and spasm in a frantic dance to keep himself upright as Boy Scout turns to face him. Eventually failing despite their best efforts,, he falls hard on the concrete. One of the greedy bear traps all too happily chomps shut around him.

"I can't believe you killed me with that dollar store tin!"

Survivor 2's Damage Roll on Boy Scout: B8 R9 Ouch!

Attacking Survivor 2 and spending 2 extra charges, with Hungry that puts the total cost at 6 charges total.
Attack on Survivor 2, Shoot +2 Extra Charges +2: B8 R7 Total: B12 R7

Boy Scout's Damage Roll on Survivor 2: B3 R9
That's a bit disappointing and does not help much. I'm going to go ahead and spend 1 Will to knock him into a bear trap. Head first, if I can.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Lala
The taker hunkered down by the truck, taking in the rapidly deteriorating scene, eyes darting from hostile to ally to...oh no. Lala froze, heart hammering at the overload. She saw the approaching dead and pulled her hand away from the revolved in her jacket, going instead for the knife on her belt. Then she scrambled to her feet, rushing for the rear end in a top hat trying to gut Boy Scout, aiming to do a little gutting of her own.

Self Control +1: 2#1d10 1 8 Total Black 2, Red 8.
Then I'm going to spend my tactic and twitch to rush Survivor 2. Athletics +2, Ration +1: 2#1d10 9 6 total is Black12, Red 6.
Melee +2: 2#1d10 10 3, total is Black 12, Red 3

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I'll go ahead and take the damage. I can't keep letting these two run me in circles.

Boy Scout

Boy Scout feels a streak of flame race across his back as it opens up. Old reflexes take hold and his shotgun bucks in his hands as he fires it across his hip. The man is reeling away while his legs twist and spasm in a frantic dance to keep himself upright as Boy Scout turns to face him. Eventually failing despite their best efforts,, he falls hard on the concrete. One of the greedy bear traps all too happily chomps shut around him.

"I can't believe you killed me with that dollar store tin!"

Survivor 2's Damage Roll on Boy Scout: B8 R9 Ouch!

Attacking Survivor 2 and spending 2 extra charges, with Hungry that puts the total cost at 6 charges total.
Attack on Survivor 2, Shoot +2 Extra Charges +2: B8 R7 Total: B12 R7

Boy Scout's Damage Roll on Survivor 2: B3 R9
That's a bit disappointing and does not help much. I'm going to go ahead and spend 1 Will to knock him into a bear trap. Head first, if I can.

Save your will and extra roll. They have no hit locations so your first black roll works! and 12 is enough to one shot him!

The great QVC Warrior soon finds himself faced with a shotgun, quite literally as he soon is without a face himself. And without most his skull.
Lala, I'll let you use your awesome roll on another survivor in range!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Lala
Lala gave a surprised yelp at the sudden explosion of gore, stumbled a little as she changed heading and started off for the guy with the fireaxe.
Sorry for taking so long, life got kind of complicated. Going for Survivor 3. Also I guess I forgot to include a damage roll I think? Damage: 2#1d10 3 6

• Locked thread