Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Orange Sunshine posted:

Yeah, only 1 U.S. president has ever been removed from office in 230 years, but probably it's gonna happen again in the next few years because you wish it would. Surely the fact that the president's political party controls congress won't possibly get in the way of this.

Not because I wish it would, I wish it wasn't necessary but at some point before 2020 it probably will be. And his party being in control is one of the main reason it will happen. If it happens the main reason behind it will be pure self-preservation on the part of congressional Republicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
reminder that op is a rapist and a jeb! supporter lmfbo

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

crazy cloud posted:

reminder that op is a rapist

yeah?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

crazy cloud posted:

reminder that op is a rapist and a jeb! supporter lmfbo

what sort of monster would support jeb!?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

breaklaw posted:

Not because I wish it would, I wish it wasn't necessary but at some point before 2020 it probably will be. And his party being in control is one of the main reason it will happen. If it happens the main reason behind it will be pure self-preservation on the part of congressional Republicans.

This is a fantasy. Republicans like what Trump is doing.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Orange Sunshine posted:

No. No, they don't. He's making huge unforced errors that don't help anyone including himself. If you think Trump going over all their heads with executive orders they haven't been even informed about is what they want, well then you are too blinded by partisanship to have any useful opinion on this issue.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

breaklaw posted:

No. No, they don't. He's making huge unforced errors that don't help anyone including himself. If you think Trump going over all their heads with executive orders they haven't been even informed about is what they want, well then you are too blinded by partisanship to have any useful opinion on this issue.

But you toxxd for Hillary?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

But you toxxd for Hillary?

Voted for Hillary, happily toxxed for what seemed like a sure thing, so what. None of that makes the fact that we have a madman for a commander in chief any better. There's only one way we get out of this ridiculous situation before 2021 and that's impeachment.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Orange Sunshine posted:

Policy-wise maybe, but every time he says/does something moronic, which is a lot, they do the equivalent of hurrying past you while mumbling into their shirts.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/TIME/status/828728774053199873

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

nice clickbait

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

one weird thing to get a president out of office. Trump hates it!!!

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
this is a good thread and a good idea and anyone saying otherwise is dumb.

But if you really want to gently caress with Trump and give him a meltdown, you have to keep saying president Bannon repeatedly because he's already sensitive about it. Once his sanity is completely gone, you can do what you want.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

breaklaw posted:

republican voters like what trump is doing

the gop establishment doesn't like it, but their voters like trump better than them and they're incredible cowards

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

MadSparkle posted:

But if you really want to gently caress with Trump and give him a meltdown, you have to keep saying president Bannon repeatedly because he's already sensitive about it. Once his sanity is completely gone, you can do what you want.

this but the exact opposite

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
hmmmmmmmmm I'm not sure about this trump guy

I do think op should not do rape tho

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

crazy cloud posted:

hmmmmmmmmm I'm not sure about this trump guy

I do think op should not do rape tho

probs same for Trump too and everyone really

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

MadSparkle posted:

that's a good idea. Seems you're not the only one thinking this way

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/status/828716609170706432

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

republican voters like what trump is doing

the gop establishment doesn't like it, but their voters like trump better than them and they're incredible cowards
at the same time trump's disapproval is over 50% already

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

This is probably because of the unforced errors mentioned above.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

never stopped mitch mcconnell, most unpopular us senator 2015/2016

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

His approval among Republicans is around 90%, so the people who actually put him in the White House are pretty happy with what he's done so far. Hell, even Congress' approval has gone up to it's highest level in five or six years, driven almost entirely by Republican voters who are excited about the new Trump administration's policies. And he hasn't even started a war yet, which will almost certainly give him an at least short term popularity boost.

It's bizarre watching people make the same assumptions about the Trump presidency that they made about the Trump primary campaign and the Trump general election campaign. That old Onion article from December 2015 is is so on point here that it's painful.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

even when george w bush was being an idiot rear end in a polarized political environment, it took him 5 years to reach 50% unpopularity. it's not as significant as some people are making it out to be, but it's definitely something to work with and build on

Main Paineframe posted:

never stopped mitch mcconnell, most unpopular us senator 2015/2016
the only moral congressional rep is my congressional rep

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Feb 8, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

breaklaw posted:

that's a good idea. Seems you're not the only one thinking this way

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/status/828716609170706432

why do this when you can just post what you think of him anywhere

he's listening

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

even when george w bush was being an idiot rear end in a polarized political environment, it took him 5 years to reach 50% unpopularity. it's not as significant as some people are making it out to be, but it's definitely something to work with and build on

the only moral congressional rep is my congressional rep

The rest of the country outside his core supporters can hate Trump passionately but unless the Democrats actually develop a compelling message that goes beyond "look how awful our opponent is!" there is no reason to think they'll break their cycle of electoral failure.

I mean, the election was only a few months ago, are people's memories seriously this short?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Helsing posted:

The rest of the country outside his core supporters can hate Trump passionately but unless the Democrats actually develop a compelling message that goes beyond "look how awful our opponent is!" there is no reason to think they'll break their cycle of electoral failure.
absolutely no argument there. it didn't exactly work back in 2004

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The press absolutely hates Donald Trump, and there's a continuous stream of attacks on him in the news every day. His supporters don't care, but every democrat in the country is convinced he is the next Hitler.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
why doesn't op talk about the thing he hates 2nd most, almost as much as he hates trump, which iirc #2 on his list was the whole notion of consent before sex

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

crazy cloud posted:

why doesn't op talk about the thing he hates 2nd most, almost as much as he hates trump, which iirc #2 on his list was the whole notion of consent before sex

was that the hatefuck post

bc I'm p sure that was consensual just hosed up

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

absolutely no argument there. it didn't exactly work back in 2004

Get ready for a repeat of 2004 in 3 years

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

was that the hatefuck post

bc I'm p sure that was consensual just hosed up

no, way back in the primary days of yore, op of this thread had an unironic jeb!atar and said some extremely creepy poo poo I don't remember verbatim and the trumpenthread 1.0 consensus was that breaklaw was, most charitably, an apologist for rapists, if not a rapist himself. Does not understand or care about consent, is hosed Up.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
extrmely ike bravlofski voice: donkey-waping poo poo eata

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ima be pro Pence as soon as he sucks my balls

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Impeachment is too good for Bannon Trump. We need to disembowel him in the moonlight with a wooden cooking spoon, or some other kind of hosed up way to kill someone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Star Man posted:

Impeachment is too good for Bannon Trump. We need to disembowel him in the moonlight with a wooden cooking spoon, or some other kind of hosed up way to kill someone.

To me getting rid of Bannon alone is a good enough reason to support Pence for president. Who in their right might wouldn't prefer Pence to Bannon?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Might want to delete this before Lowtax gets another visit from the SS.

crazy cloud posted:

no, way back in the primary days of yore, op of this thread had an unironic jeb!atar and said some extremely creepy poo poo I don't remember verbatim and the trumpenthread 1.0 consensus was that breaklaw was, most charitably, an apologist for rapists, if not a rapist himself. Does not understand or care about consent, is hosed Up.

Maybe it takes a rapist to impeach a rapist? Really makes ya think.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
r u srs op

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Star Man posted:

you are a moron

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it's rule #1. it has always been rule #1 even in YCS. it even has the :siren: and everything why jesus why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

it's rule #1. it has always been rule #1 even in YCS. it even has the :siren: and everything why jesus why

Trump Derangement Syndrome

• Locked thread