Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Powerful but unlikeable black man finds big chinned white gay fantasy teen... like the rhino and the bird that sits in its mouth and eats the crumbs, or the turtle and the bird that sits on the turtles back so they look cuter, two creatures find a symbiotic relationship to the benefit of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Powerful but unlikeable black man finds big chinned white gay fantasy teen... like the rhino and the bird that sits in its mouth and eats the crumbs, or the turtle and the bird that sits on the turtles back so they look cuter, two creatures find a symbiotic relationship to the benefit of both.

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
that does look cuter than the regular style of turtle

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

turtle eating mash potatoe

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Will someone please fill me in on the Woolley Sage connection? This feels like something I need to know in my brain hole.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Log posted:

Will someone please fill me in on the Woolley Sage connection? This feels like something I need to know in my brain hole.

They train together and are friends

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/theCHIVE/status/836328921884995585

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bluedeanie posted:

They train together and are friends

Specifically, Woodley got Sage to come in as a guy who his camp considered to be a similar point-fighting sports karate fighter like Wonderboy, to train with him, and from that Tyron has introduced Sage to such concepts as "food with flavour" and "racism exists".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If anyone hasnt seen it yet go watch the countdown for Khabib v ferg, its on youtube.

Even if its just the first 8 mins.

The bit with khabib talking to johnson as they're fighting is unsettling and cool as hell.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

Specifically, Woodley got Sage to come in as a guy who his camp considered to be a similar point-fighting sports karate fighter like Wonderboy, to train with him, and from that Tyron has introduced Sage to such concepts as "food with flavour" and "racism exists".

And sage tweets things about how gosh danged bad racism, which it turns out is real y'all, is

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Captain Log posted:

Sage is a gay man coming to terms with being raised in a drug encouraged environment and social stigma

Tyron is yelling at people they forgot what real jazz is.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

dan hardy is good

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

This is all amazing and makes me love Sage. Can we run him for office of some sort?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Bundt Cake posted:

dan hardy is good

he is very well spoken for a punchsports dude

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

SquirrelGrip posted:

His analysis got me more excited about the fight im probably most excited about in the foreseeable future

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

SquirrelGrip posted:

Did his heart ever get sorted?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Dan Hardy's bafflement at the casting punch, which is a fairly basic sambo thing, is pretty funny to me. Fedor used casting punch variations all the time.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 28, 2017

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Captain Log posted:

He said a few weeks ago that he's confident he has the paperwork he needs to get medically cleared to fight again but he has to think about whether or not he really wants to do a comeback because he's been out so long.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dr. Abysmal posted:

He said a few weeks ago that he's confident he has the paperwork he needs to get medically cleared to fight again but he has to think about whether or not he really wants to do a comeback because he's been out so long.

Good for him, I hope he does what makes him happy. (Good God he will die if he comes back and I'm not talking about his heart)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hes been out nearly 5 years. Unless he can finagle a fight with someone like bj penn I hope he stays retired.

Ww is a loving shark tank.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
GSP rematch. Woo!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I still don't understand why his arm didn't snap. Yeah yeah yeah I've heard the breakdown and everything. Doesn't change my mind.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Bundt Cake posted:

His analysis got me more excited about the fight im probably most excited about in the foreseeable future

i have 0 opinion of the other dude but everyone of these i have seen has been good

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

SquirrelGrip posted:

i have 0 opinion of the other dude but everyone of these i have seen has been good

They are way better than the insanely awful Robin Black ones where he yells at a hundred miles an hour about the flim flam, the Sapp/Alvarez scale, and the deer in the headlights style of pressure fighting or whatever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Log posted:

Doctors here in the UK said it was never an issue in the first place. Probably an abundance of safety and want of avoiding liability for the UFC if something did happen, which you can't find fault with really.

God, I hope he wins and we theoretically see him fight Conor.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Tony is so good, and Khabib is so good. Khabib is a cooler dude, though. Way cooler and better person. Really hope he wins. Inshallah.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

threeagainstfour posted:

They are way better than the insanely awful Robin Black ones where he yells at a hundred miles an hour about the flim flam, the Sapp/Alvarez scale, and the deer in the headlights style of pressure fighting or whatever.

that dude reminds me of guy fieri so i have never watched anything he did

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I thought Robin Black was just some weird celebrity into MMA, but he's actually a former fighter even though he looks like Elvira's fat cousin.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
sounds like he retired from athletics but kept eating like an athlete

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is the video of 9 year old khabib wrestling a bear cub going around actually real?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRDLcvLlQ8B/

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

I.N.R.I posted:

is the video of 9 year old khabib wrestling a bear cub going around actually real?

Probably, yeah.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think they should sign the bear to the ufc and set up a rematch with khabib now that its an adult

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

I.N.R.I posted:

i think they should sign the bear to the ufc and set up a rematch with khabib now that its an adult

*while repeatedly punching the bear in the face* "Bear, you must hibernate now. You know this. You must go back to your bear cave so I can fight for the title."

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Tony is gonna win

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I thought Robin Black was just some weird celebrity into MMA, but he's actually a former fighter even though he looks like Elvira's fat cousin.
he wasn't a fighter, he was a corny Canadian C-list pop rocker in the early 00s

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

TheRationalRedditor posted:

he wasn't a fighter, he was a corny Canadian C-list pop rocker in the early 00s

he had some fights for about as long too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

*while repeatedly punching the bear in the face* "Bear, you must hibernate now. You know this. You must go back to your bear cave so I can fight for the title."

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

handsome only face posted:

Tony is gonna win

I disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Mark Hunt is going to win.

• Locked thread