Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

I feel like for as long as Bisping is champion, we need to have this quote:

“Let me put it like this, I’ve sparred with Luke Rockhold recently and let’s just say, I’m the unofficial Strikeforce champion."

For whatever reason people didn't really admit Rockhold's flaws and limitations as a striker even after Vitor punked him. You can't really just write it off as "TRT" when a guy's entire striking game is shut down like that.

(I have now made two posts in a row about Vitor and don't know how I feel about that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

Rockhold didn't take bisping seriously. He clowns bisping like 8 outta 10 times in my opinion if he fights to his potential

Maybe, but that doesn't change the fact Bisping had a perfect game plan and that Rockhold's weaknesses played to his strengths.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

Also I consider Vitor's late career resurgence as a result born out of PED usage - I don't think he would've been able to commit to the kind of training needed to develop a well-rounded kicking game in a 3-4 year period without having loads of drugs that helped him with recovery.

100% agreed, but it's not like PEDs took the place of skill and talent. They just let him develop his skills and use his talent more effectively. Talking about Vitor's debut in that other thread got me thinking what a hell of a career he's had.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

HEY NONG MAN posted:

There's a timeline where Bones tapped to that armbar and Vitor is still champ and also the president.

The great what if of that fight is Vitor missing the legal soccer kick.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

i don't think it will happen but if bisping knocks out romero that would be so tight

That fight has R3 Romero TKO written all over it

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I.N.R.I posted:

vitor is really good .. this thread really sleeps on him. his style isnt pretty but its no joke either

I don't think there's really anyone else whose highs have been so high and whose lows have been so low. He's absolutely had a hall of fame career for fighting in the UFC for 20 years alone.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LobsterMobster posted:

While Cung Le getting violently owned is rad (love that 1st Scott Smith fight), he beat up Wanderlei and made Joe Rogan cry out in anguish, which is extremely cool.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Cung Le contains multitudes.

Unless I'm completely missing the joke, that was another example of Cung Le getting violently owned. Joe Rogan cried over the defeat of spinning back kicks, not PRIDE never die.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Stipe is going to win.

Also my friend was at a restaurant in Cleveland yesterday and sent me a grainy creepshot.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I became a Bisping fan when he avenged the untimely death of one of my favorite fighters

R.I.P Chris Weidman, who at this point unfortunately may stay dead

The last I saw Chris Weidman he was sprawled on the ground bleeding profusely from a head wound, so it's most likely that he is actually dead.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've never cut more than 5-7 pounds but each time I wanted to die.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
wait, leftist mobn being mobn was some kind of secret? I just assumed everybody knew and wasn't talking about it out of politeness. It was fairly obvious since she registered that the 300-pound knowitall from wisconsin was the 300-pound knowitall from wisconsin regardless of gender

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Lord Waffle Beard talking about other people's posts.

Fozzy, you really really need to stop trying to flame people all the time.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

who are they gonna match up black beast with next? is he gonna get a title shot if he wins? he's on a pretty big streak

hunt/overeem winner

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

That guys wife doesnt want to gently caress and he channeled it into a sick burn on another guy. If it was me id just have jacked off and played video games.

I have been doing nothing but jacking off and playing video games for 38 years and it has filled me with a vast impotent rage that I can only assuage by posting about the stupidity of other peoples' choices in consumer products

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

this but bloody elbow in general

bloodyelbow is the best mma news site and that is a really sad thing to say

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

what happened to mmajunkie which had the worst website name ever that was directly oppositional to its actual content

no actual analysis articles ever, it's just basic updates and Ben Fowlkes wringing his hands and imploring us to think of the children once a week. It's the best RSS feed but you don't ever have to click on any of their articles

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

I hate how those cunts have an unrelated autoplaying video on every one of their articles.

yeah, I won't even look at it unless it's on my home computer with adblock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

Sage becoming BFF's with Tyrion Lannister is truly :allears:

Sage is far and away the most endearing thing about Tyron Woodley

• Locked thread