Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I think TJ vs No Love will be cool and am looking forward to it.

Agreed. Its two of the cleaner striking games in the ufc going head to head with full 25 minute gas tanks. Keen as hell to see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Middleweight is kind of a weird scissors paper rock division anyway.

I don't think Weidman can handle the iv or drug testing (take your pick) and Rockhold definitely improved dramatically after the Vitor fight (hes a tough match up for anyone when hes on roids), but I dont know if Rockhold would beat either romero or jacare.

The latter two would probably split a 4 fight series.

The coolest thing about the divison is the champ who broke everyones plans and then smashed beers and poo poo talked him at the press conference.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I wouldnt necessarily call it horrible. Nick should just take a tune up fight and then look for a big pay day.

Hes had 1 fight in 4 years.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Riggs could fight off his back.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It was in response to someone crying about the boyscouts allowing gays or transformers or something i dunno.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

it tends to work like that the other way in this thread as well. although i personally dont mind tim kennedy since his only crime is saying crap online

I didnt like his stance on ptsd, knowing some people with it but I have no animosity toward him.

Hes just a dumb rear end.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I cant imagine his chin has gotten worse unless he decided to do heaps of hard sparring as part of his training for his come back.

Fair point though, he hasnt had it tested yet.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I just heard him mention it on his podcast and he said they cut out like 99% of the insane poo poo he wrote. Then he said "We are about 30 years away from being mind-reading robots" and I turned it off.

Rogans craziness is pretty funny though.

Scientists are working on a technology to allow x... becomes. We're 5 years away from x thing happening everywhere. Blahhhhhh

His podcast will Bill Burr was loving hilarious though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

mod is fine, 6 hour probation is nothing. who cares

Post less. You spend more time making a snide comment about posters and then throwing a bitchfit when you're called on it than actually posting about MMA.

Joanna is denying she's signed to fight at 211 :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Why are you arguing about a fight that isnt happening and that wont happen?

Barao and choi is apparently off as well as jj wtf ufc, make some cool fights already.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yamasaki deserves ref of the year already.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hes a good example of how not to manage your career.

Everyone thought he was gonna be a champ in the locker room then he went to edmond and died.

Its beautiful in a way.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If its a story about a white girl making GBS threads in the woods to escape her demons you cant exactly say its inaccurate.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Terry Etim is a pretty sobering story.

Joe Rogan was talking about him on his podcast once day referring to the Barboza spinning kick as one of those literally life changing brain injuries.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Frog Princess posted:

It helps when those opponents are douchebags.

It really doesn't. Its a dick move in every possible sense and really should have been policed more.

Terry Etim had some buzz around him in terms of being an up and comer but Rogan was talking about he found him to be an extremely nice guy, super polite and respectful to everyone he met, talked about moving to the US to get better training partners etc, knew the flaws in his own game basically a smart fighter.

Then barboza slept him and he changed dramatically and his career and evidently his life have gone off the rails. Scary poo poo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

I used to judge people for hitting the unconscious man they were fighting sometimes less than 1 second ago but then I remember that they've been hit in the head a hundred times and their body is only still working because every cell is screaming to their brain that they're either getting chased by a lion or fighting one, doesn't matter, here's the stuff needed to be as effective at that poo poo as possible.

In some instance like the black beast v browne fight, fair enough but hendo publicly said that he knew Bisping was out and hit him anyway and it was pretty obvious he hated lombard too.

That makes it malicious rather than competitive or adrenaline imo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

tesilential posted:

Yeah. Lotta softies ITT these days. Somebody post the Hbomb.gif

Yeah in the same thread as news about a dude whos brain is so scrambled hes running head first into busses because of trauma we should be lauding malicious and unnecessary punishment for fighters.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

Just because he made the conscious decision to drop it on him doesn't mean his decision making process wasn't impaired by adrenaline.

I wouldn't like any decision I made literally seconds after being in a confrontation to be held against me as representative of my personality. I'm actually a bit of a oval office when I'm concerned for my safety. Generally though I try to not be a oval office.

So can we all be but I dont have 47 professional fights and a wreslting career spanning 17 years.

Circumstances can be mitigating but you're still responsible for your actions and if youre the only one doing it its a bit weak to say "oh his blood was up".

Plenty of fighters who fight with emotion don't pull the poo poo he did/does.

Its almost the same as doing what Palheres has done countless times. Not one person wrote off his bullshit as "heat of the moment" and you probably shouldn't just because Hendo is a cool dude.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

manyak posted:

But yeah hendo is worse because theres been multiple times where his opponent is clearly as sleep and/or the ref is literally rushing in to call him off and he wont stop maiming him

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If anyone hasnt seen it yet go watch the countdown for Khabib v ferg, its on youtube.

Even if its just the first 8 mins.

The bit with khabib talking to johnson as they're fighting is unsettling and cool as hell.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hes been out nearly 5 years. Unless he can finagle a fight with someone like bj penn I hope he stays retired.

Ww is a loving shark tank.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That would be a poo poo outcome.

Tony is super slick in scrambles and isnt afraid throw up crazy poo poo.

I can't wait for this or the main event and I think a lot of people especially the betting public are really overlooking just how good ferguson is.

This is a dude who hosed up Barboza using kickboxing and then solidly out grappled thompson and trujillo.

I can certainly see the possibility of ferguson cracking khabib and getting a sub in a scramble. I can also see t ferg getting bulled and ridden.

Im full rogan in bald man shout times excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

even if khabib can dominate tony on the ground, khabib has slowed down in the third before and he's never gone five. and tony will not be easy to hold down for any amount of time. i'm thinking tony takes this, and will bet that way, but honestly either outcome will be sick and the fight cannot be bad.

oh and maia / masvidal is confirmed apparently. did we already discuss this?

Poor maia. Hes gonna miss his shot isnt he :(

• Locked thread