Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tsyni posted:

I love JUDO DAD Kelly. gently caress...what a guy. Who was it that just called him out?

Eric Spicely, which could actually be an ok fight. Battle of the non-ripped middleweights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Trast posted:

Dana said Jones is likely getting a title shot when he comes back. I can't wait for Jones to ruin another pay per view main event when he plows into a crowd of nuns while high on boner pills.

Jon Jones has made a fuckton of money from this sport but he's still the modern-era UFC Champion I consider most likely to be living in a van outside a gym by the time he's 40.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Thrifting Day! posted:

Nate Diaz Vs Eddie Alvarez at UFC 211.

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/827920151190179840

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Good poo poo.

https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/828193480342003716

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

willie_dee posted:

Uh, id argue everyone who openly mocked me and my fun mma adventures were far less of an rear end in a top hat than the guy who openly wanted me to post more about my fun experiences and exclusive scoops whilst at the same time reporting every post I made.

All I wanted you to do was stop posting about how you had super exclusive insider information on GSP's sexuality, and you did that, so you're cool with me now, for whatever that's worth*

*nothing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LobsterMobster posted:

Episode 1 of embedded for 208

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox8LIMSLBvw

Featuring:

- Anderson Silva mean mugging a tiny child
- Derek Brunson's daughter at a pageant
- Germaine de Randamie continuing the proud tradition of Dutch fighters low kicking girls to death

"She's going to be a threat to everyone in the division!"

So, Holly then.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Now post the one where he sits in the press conference afterwards drinking a beer while making sure the label never gets on camera, because it's a good beer as opposed to the piss that sponsors the UFC.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

david carmichael posted:

His resting heart rate was 34 BPM, which iirc is freakish even among "actual athletes", not just MMA guys

I sit next to a guy who rides to and from work every day (about 80km total) and sometimes rides for fun on weekends who has a resting heart rate of 34. He was in hospital to get his gallbladder taken out last year and the "poo poo this guy is dying of heart failure" alarm kept going off. Resting heart rate isn't indicative of drug use

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQTztjDhkkM/

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFQmBSh8aRE

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

tell me cub swanson vs. artem lobov isn't a real fight

https://twitter.com/mookiealexander/status/830605527101087744

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Troxartas posted:

Random Q: Has sherdogs site been kind lovely performance-wise lately? It seems like every time I'm looking up someones record it's just a sluggish mess

Yes, it's trying to load about a trillion third party ads and scripts and taking up every bit of bandwidth it can. I've been trying to avoid it and complaining to them on twitter but they don't care.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Just retire dude loving hell

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Thank you very much for taking up the mantle of fatherdog multi-quote posting, I've missed it these past weeks. You just need to tell people they're wrong a bit more and you'll really have it nailed down.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BlindSite posted:

Rogans craziness is pretty funny though.

Scientists are working on a technology to allow x... becomes. We're 5 years away from x thing happening everywhere. Blahhhhhh

His podcast will Bill Burr was loving hilarious though.

Yeah there's always the tiniest grain of truth in things that he talks about, but then he runs it through a filter of seventeen tons of industrial-strength weed multiplied by Eddie Bravo and ends up with that poo poo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm going to watch RTJ live tomorrow so I applaud your choice in music. And everyone should like Nunes imo.

e: Brilliantly edited! gently caress!

how loving good is the new RTJ

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I will never get sick of seeing Nordine Taleb take the soul out of Erick Silva's body after the poo poo Silva pulled earlier that fight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bluedeanie posted:

Nice

Also, while I think only the second of the late shots was particularly egregious, if the commission is smart it will seize this opportunity to declare that the women's featherweight belt legally no longer exists, never existed and cannot exist in the future.

Agree, retroactive existence failure in perpetuity is the best thing that could happen to W145.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I just posted a video rear end in a top hat

No one can see it because the link is dead

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I remember seeing that he was the underdog going into the Mir fight and thinking "but it's heavyweight anyone can win at anytime in that trash fire of a division, I'm putting $20 on Mir by KO in the first".

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dan Didio posted:

Who needs Atom

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

I get the feeling that the worst decision new management has made thus far is letting Joe Silva walk. 2014 was absolutely ravaged by main events falling apart and yet the year itself was great in no small part because he and Shelby got really loving good at their jobs.

He retired though, right? If he wanted out there's very little they could have done to stop him.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Eight figures I could see but not eight zeroes. Getting paid an amount of money equal to ~half a percent of the value of the company you were instrumental in building up from practically nothing seems reasonable.

Having said that probably no one outside him, the Fertittas and Dana knows exactly what it was, and never will. He's got gently caress You money and wants to enjoy life with his young kids. Leave the man to his enjoyable retirement.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bumpy Johnson posted:

If Conor McGregor can not only keep his significant other Artem Lobov in the UFC but get him a main event on a Fight Night card, then one can only imagine the kind of pull Ronda Rousey has.

There's a pretty significant difference between those two. I'll give you a few minutes on your own, see if you can work it out.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

See here folks we have an excellent example of Schrödinger's Idiot, where they pretend to have been joking because they were called on it, but if no one called them on it then they were serious the whole time.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
My wife and I are watching the fights from today. She would like to know why Bigg Rigg put Vaseline up his nose. Also she said he looked "fat as poo poo" and wondered if his corner were promising him sandwiches if he won.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dan Didio posted:

It's a shame that Mark Hunt has to literally murder Alistair Overeem and Derrick Lewis has to take three months off before they even think about arranging Hunt/Lewis for Fight Night: Dubbo, but hell, I'm excited for it.

I'd road trip for it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Browne is a great example of Heavyweight being 50/50 most of the time except for a select group of top-5-ish fighters that will actually fight as opposed to be large and athletic. This being his first loss to a guy who has never been champion might mean that's all on the way out for him.

Which is great because I for one will not miss his spastic flailing and dreadful face/tattoos/personality when they shitcan him.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Captain Log posted:

Can someone please post the Browne description? TIA.

Disgusting Coward posted:

I loving know, right? Every morning waking up and realising that you're not one of the good fat fightmen like Hunto or Dos Santos, nor are you one of the likeable entertaining trashweights like Pat Berry or Joey Beltran. No sir, you're four pounds of misfiring motor neurons scraped along the inside of a 230lb Tiki themed turd golem and you're so innately unlikeable that even the notoriously racist PSPMMA will cheer a Brazilian just for hurting you. Every morning the dude probably tries to put the gun in his mouth but accidentally ends up flying crescent kicking it out the window when he gets a fit of The Brownes.

edit: from that thread.

:sbahj:

Memento fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 21, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Thebeast_ufc/status/834164801769201666

foot broke

s'broken

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Captain Log posted:

Worth a watch?

nahh

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cool, got any links to any slightly less lovely websites talking about a routine counter-suit for an injunction in a two-year-old case?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RIP Goldie never forget

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah my wife and I almost never buy ppv cards because it means getting a babysitter for the kids so we can watch live during the day (:australia:). Last year we got 200 and 205. We're getting this one for sure because the overall quality potential of the fights is through the roof.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yep, I'll write up the March thread tonight. Some good title options already, keep 'em coming.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bluedeanie posted:

They train together and are friends

Specifically, Woodley got Sage to come in as a guy who his camp considered to be a similar point-fighting sports karate fighter like Wonderboy, to train with him, and from that Tyron has introduced Sage to such concepts as "food with flavour" and "racism exists".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
the NYSAC has denied that appeal]NYSAC denied Holly's appeal

New thread is up!. Let me know where I inevitably hosed up, because I inevitably gently caress something up.

• Locked thread