Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

I really like the BJJ Scout breakdowns of Maia and I wish he'd do one of Maia-Shields. I'm not sure if Maia got better afterward or if his game is about the same and Shields just had his number. I definitely see the Rory fight as a learning experience, because of how he horrendously he gassed trying to finish after mounting MacDonald in the first. Since that one I think he's been better about staying cool and working methodically so he has something left for later rounds.

He still gassed ferociously against LaFlare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
"NO! THAT WAS A BAD STOPPAGE!"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I probably have a chance to show one fight to by TKZ to my Dad to get him hyped. Would you guys go with Zombie/Garcia?

Show him both Garcia fights.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
On the other hand it is good he hasn't spent the last two years getting injured in fights and in preparation for them.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

eddie should be fighting the loser of ferguson/khabib anyway. or maybe barboza

Would they fight each other if it wasn't for the title? Eddie and Barboza are both with Mark Henry.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

WME-IMG hated Goldberg so much that they fired him immediately with no send-off, had no replacement already locked up, and are now probably paying a little more money to have 3 guys do commentary. that's how much they hated Goldberg.

Me too

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This will start an arms race of diuretics doping.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

aldo is a notorious gasser in the later rounds in fights where he's pressed.

People still think this?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

Edgar visibly took over in 4 and 5. And 3 too.

In their first fight Edgar got beat up in the 3rd and 5th rounds. He didn't take over anything.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

My position is he has visibly slowed in the later rounds in more fights than the hominick fight. Despite slowing, he is usually well in control of the fight at that point, as evidenced by his numerous five round decision victories.

And Edgar won the first time :D

He lost and it wasn't close. Then he lost even worse the second time. It is a reversal of Edgar's fights with BJ.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think it's a good fight if none of this Post-McGregor poo poo has gone to his head, Holloway wins if it's affected him in a negative way. And if I had to bet I'd say he's affected in a negative way.

He looked real distraught while beating the poo poo out of Frankie Edgar for 25 minutes. Aldo is shook.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Troxartas posted:

Random Q: Has sherdogs site been kind lovely performance-wise lately? It seems like every time I'm looking up someones record it's just a sluggish mess

Wikipedia isn't as lovely and ugly as sherdog.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

That's some bush league poo poo not to give fighters free access to tape

It sounds like something from Major League.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

no doubt gsp would show up to the fight in good form but i think conor would win handily .. im sure gsp works hard even when he just trains for fun but he will be rusty from the lack of competition no matter what

edit: and its not like tkz vs bermudez where tkz was rusty but better enough to win anyway. conor is roughly the best fighter right now give or take

He'd probably be on his back for 5 rounds unless GSP is remarkably slower than he used to be.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
^^^Yeah I remember that moment being really cool. Conor did a similar, less convincing version of that in the 2nd Diaz fight.

GSP outgrappled the poo poo out of Diaz but he had to work really hard to do it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

He thought gsp must have had a spy because he was so good at defending the knee bar. This was after his last fight when condit had repeatedly tried the same thing.

And he trains with a bunch of jiu jitsu dudes who are famous for leg locks.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

It is just silly how easily he defends deep entries from really good wrestlers.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

He's a terrorist

At least he is humble.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Overeem should pull guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think it will be much easier for Overeem to punch Hunt from on top than Struve. And easier to get him there. Overeem can very easily gently caress it up but that goes without saying.

• Locked thread