Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I'm not a fan of Rogan but him giving a gas bag like Alex Jones new avenues to spread his insanity is really depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Rocky getting hurt that bad sucks. She's not a dynamic fighter but she has some fun brawls and some brutal submissions.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Rigel posted:

This podcast episode with Alex Jones and Joe Rogan has started recording, and Eddie Bravo is apparently there too. No way I'm listening to that shitshow.

:psyduck: only that ever growing one.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Dana said Jones is likely getting a title shot when he comes back. I can't wait for Jones to ruin another pay per view main event when he plows into a crowd of nuns while high on boner pills.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nah Jones is really good about saving his money. When he was in that car crash with the pregnant woman that he ran away from, he made a point of going back to get his money before running away again.

:lol:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Can we change the thread title to this?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Congrats to the New England Cheick Kongos

It's us. We're the ones who got kicked in the balls.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

im basically 100% fine with ring card girls but feel they should also add some muscly guys in short shorts and have a female color commentator occasionally.

Welcome back to the UFC, Julie Kedzie!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

As much as I dislike Miesha Tate's face, I think she genuinely has a pretty great understanding of the sport and has a less irritating voice than Daniel Cormier so I think they should just use her since she's retired and does their panel stuff sometimes.

I'm fine with that. The only thing I can see hindering her is some weird grudge Dana might have for her since he's still tight with Ronda.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

1st AD posted:

Dana does not have a grudge with Miesha at all

You're right Dana's never held an unreasonable grudge or told someone to just retire.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's not unique to WMMA. It's just more of a thing.

Supersagenorthcutt.png

But Meisha never went to the movies with Tyron Woodley so Sage probably wins.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

definitely. i've done no conclusive research but it certainly seems like pretty fighters get pushed harder in the women's division whereas the UFC happily pushed Brock Lesnar who is only described that way in the sentence "pretty hosed up colon".

Thus proving that the road to popularity in mma is paved with needles regardless of gender.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's in there tight Mike....no.....no he let it go.

Corn to the core.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Dead Snoopy posted:

In hindsight, Nunes should have grabbed the mic and declared herself the REAL champion and formed a new Horsewomen clique right then and there

That would have been beating a dead horse.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

I don't know anything about Korean mandatory military service but I bet famous athletes get special treatment.

Does their military have an esports team?

I think it's fairly common for military cadets who become draftable talents to be given deferrals or altered service, often in recruitment or public affairs. David Robinson from the San Antonio Spurs is a pretty interesting example of it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Robinson_(basketball).

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

Regardless, all this is pointless to speculate about or discuss, as Conor's next fight will be against Tyron Woodly.

Woodley will take Conor to a revival screening of "Gangs of New York."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

She was stepping in for an AKA Bride on a weeks notice

It's like paaaaaain before your wedding day. It's good advice from a trainer you just didn't take.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Reports are that things are fine but a teammate has gone to console his wife anyway

This is good.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

CommonShore posted:

He was too short to be fighting at 170. Matt Serra was even shorter.

The odds are against him finding success, but that success would be cool enough that I'm willing to hope for it.

If he hopes to succeed in the UFC from this point on he's going to have to bear down and push out a couple of wins.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

She is adjusting to life in Florida well.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I understand why Conor wants to do this. I'm not sure why the UFC would be on board past a short term gain. Having their bell cow get pointed by a past his prime boxer hurts the brand.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Because he will make one beeelion dollars and prove hes bigger than the sport, even if he loses.

No I know Conor will make all the money even if he gets wrecked. I was asking why the UFC would take the risk of an old man in a dying sport humble their biggest attraction.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Rigel posted:

Conor has gone rogue on them. They would prefer him to go on a talk show tour promoting his next fight to defend the belt.

At this point they probably want to cash in, make a lot of money with this stupid boxing freakshow and after Conor gets thrashed then maybe he'll agree to defend his belt. If Conor gets, say, ragdolled by Khabib I don't think the UFC would be upset by that. They'll then promote their new champ, schedule fights in Russia if Khabib is the champ, and Conor will be in the position of either following orders or retiring.

It's hilarious to imagine Khabib being worth even a tenth of the business McGregor is. No one outside of hardcore mma fans care about him and he is hurt constantly.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Rigel posted:

Its not the WWE. The UFC does not have a "make sure Conor is a long-term active champion" option.

You misread what I wrote. I'm was referring to how Khabib won't make the UFC any money whether you compare him to McGregor or some other champion because no one cares about it. Besides Khabib will never beat McGregor because Khabib is always hurt and Conor never defends his belts.

And actually they do have options as far as keeping him a long term champion. They feed him cans and just print money off people desperate to watch McGregor knock someone out.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Seeing Marcus Davis get mauled by Ben Saunders was one of the most satisfying experiences of my MMA life.

It makes me sad to see the Barbarian train with his dumb rear end.

Intel, I know what album your AV is parodying...but I can't figure it out. What am I missing?

Marvel let their artists do tributes to a lot of iconic rap album covers which pissed off a bunch of white nerds on the internet. So basically everyone won.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Cybort is finally free to turn down fights again. Thank god.

Beautiful.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Lid posted:

Yes but if you start relying on only names they realise that they control you and not tge other way around, UFC was successful in building by avoiding the boxing pitfall of letting the fighters choose. The loss of Lorenzo and Joe Silva contributes strongly to this. As for Sage and Paige everyone could see that was protection based on nothing and yeah it blew up in their faces. As for Bones he is one that shows what happens when you get too big too fast and burns out in a blaze of glory, like tge burn one feels from a fingernail raking the cornea.

I get the feeling Jones was a tremendous rear end in a top hat and gently caress up before becoming famous in the UFC.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

So we need a card with Weidman, Black Beast, Bigg Rigg, and Yoel Romero so Blue Deanie can dump an endless stream of poop jokes in a fight night OP.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Black Snake Moana.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

BlindSite posted:

If its a story about a white girl making GBS threads in the woods to escape her demons you cant exactly say its inaccurate.

:lol:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Khabib's ligaments still have time to explode.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Rigel posted:

Joanna Champion will fight Andrade at UFC 211

Joanna going to add another scalp to her belt. It will be a good fight though.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

It will certainly be a tough fight. Hopefully one where we the fan are the real winners.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Lloyd Boner posted:

I love JJ but I think Andrade is gonna win

Assuming Andrade doesn't piss hot you mean.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

Marc "Bonecrusher" Diakiese, allegedly a UFC fighter, will be in the new issue of Gay Times magazine

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ0qJVNBR6X/

I guess we get to find out if the UFC handles out male athletes better than the NFL?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

why don't you just save some money and expose your developing children to the abject cruelty of man live on pay per view

They already live in a country where everything is venomous and wants to kill them. Give the kids a little bit of a break.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

As someone who's been attacked by a roo, on a long enough timeline, no amount of boxing will save you from them.

Who would goons think has better jujitsu? A kangaroo or Jake Shields?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

hunts doing ok isnt he? his last 2 official losses were against werdum and stipe

The Stipe fight was just brutal. That referee wanted to see someone die that night.

• Locked thread