Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Four of the five fights on the ppv are actually pretty good. Andy is Andy, Cannonier vs Teixeira is about as good as you're gonna get in a LHW contender matchup, Jacare vs Boetsch is at least intriguing and Dustin vs Jim Miller us an objectively sick fight. Can't bring myself to get excited about #10 vs 2 fight losing streak main event though.

Vvvv--oh yeah the numbers on this card are gonna blow. just saying the card not as dire as it seems, just completely devoid of star power.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

I.N.R.I posted:

still its nice of them to formally acknowledge that making your opponent cum is a legitimate path to victory

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I am a huge aldo fan and I don't think he has anything at all for conor. I originally thought that first fight was a fluke but Conor just loving destroys people and I don't think anyone at FW can handle the fighter he is now. He's much much better now than he was when he became FW champ which is a scary thought. Pre loss Conor is not the same guy we're dealing with today.

I think aldo remains FW champ for several defenses.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 9, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

LobsterMobster posted:

There are only like 7 ballots for the MMA awards, get some votes in, please?

Thread

I was gonna vote but I'm not filling out a ballot for my top three thirty different things that happened last year. Someone do the math on how many options that thing is asking for its way too loving many

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Intel&Sebastian posted:

She was stepping in for an AKA Bride on a weeks notice

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Jesus Christ.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
GSP vs nick Diaz is the only fight that makes sense for either fighter..

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Been watching "Where are they now" a bit on FightPass, and scrolled through the seasons to see who let themselves go the most or generally got the biggest.

You'd think it'd be Tim Sylvia.

Nope. Josh Haynes.

Yes, the undersized 195 pounder that fought at 205 on TUF 3'a TEAM PUNISHMENT.

Add the colored mohawk and that's him. Except he's now a policeman in Vegas and walks around at 290 pounds. (330 with equipment, he says)

Tim Sylvia, on the other hand, is just fat as he always was, and yokels around in Iowa with a hunting show and a roofing company. Dude has a really emotional moment when he describes how his son (Maverick Dean Justice Silva :downs:) changed him, and it's a feelgood moment. Good for him.

The episodes are pretty cool to watch overall, nothing earthshaking, but good to see my FightPass dollars get me some chill original content to kill a half hour or so.

I'm in the Jeremy Horn one throwing some sick knees

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
if I was a fighter I'd walk out to beware by death grips and I would be such a big star that they would have to let me, what about you

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

what is on that guy's face on the right?

He is an African American. Please try to display more sensitivity

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Other organizations have proven that it is actually pretty easy to make lovely, bad fights that nobody wants to watch. Hopefully the new owners realize this.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Getting through Gonzaga, Nelson and Browne without really getting rocked is pretty impressive. Does Rothwell have a fight? He'd be perfect for Derrick.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm not going to make fun of Tim Sylvia for chiding somebody for having charisma because it's perfectly reasonable for Tim Sylvia to feel like that

Destroying someone after they're clearly out, announcing that you would like to gently caress Ronda in your post fight presser, and being able to hold your poo poo inside of your body is a recipe for being far far more likeable than Tim Sylvia

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Only eleven days til Khabib and t Ferg! I'm pretty sure this is the closest we've gotten without somebody's leg exploding this fight might actually happen guys

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I got tickets to ufc 209 and i'm excited
i'll wear the hat

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 26, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Captain Log posted:

Be honest because I'm trying to gauge this with my Pops, the ultimate casual fan who hates Bellator. Is this card worth sixty bucks? I want to see Hunt and Wonderboy but everything else seems pretty...meh...

khabib/cucuy doesn't get your juices flowign?

and definitely watch both of vannatas ufc fights. he's dope as heck

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the more time has passed hte more convinced i am tony ferguson will win this fight. he's just too loving sick.

• Locked thread