Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can see Russia from Sarah Palin's house...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's why he's the Bisking.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All three of those fighters were worth keeping around, even Rick Story.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

Keep in mind, the UFC also has to pay taxes.

Yeah... I bet they do.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't forgive you for what you did to Goldie you bald gently caress, but this helps.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nice one Korean Zombie, you would have done Dokdo proud but unfortunately, it's an island in the East Sea that belongs to Australia.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even if Ronda is far and away the major female star of the UFC and made it possible for women to succeed in the UFC, Tate herself is the #2 on that list and brought a lot of good to the UFC and there is no chance Dana does not recognise Tate and appreciate her.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Being attractive as a female fighter was a definite thing promoters and fans were looking for early on for WMMA and it's not something that's gone entirely now. It's definitely easing off and WMMA gets praised on its virtues outside of sex appeal a lot more often now but it's pretty much revisionist history if people are going to claim it's never been a thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not unique to WMMA. It's just more of a thing.

Supersagenorthcutt.png

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

What if a fighter loudly announces they are making GBS threads on purpose?

Chris Weidman begins his march back to the top.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TheReverend posted:

That's a Cuban guy named Joey Diaz.

The only acceptable replacement for Goldie.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

EA UFC2 is 13 bucks on psn sale for ps4 right now if you're into that. I got on Jon Jones' tuf team as Chan Sung Jung and took out two people with spinning backfists so I got my moneys worth.

Edit: It's insane that they managed to make grappling and subs worse after EA UFC1

I was last on Team Tate as BJ Penn, which sounds about right circa 2017.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As someone pointed out, reading it in Yoel's voice really makes it better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Bisking is going to beat Gay Jesus.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aldo's performance in the second Edgar fight was masterful.

If he can track down Conor McGregor and perform like than in the second fight, it'd be an all time great fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Does he though?

He's literally never defended one of the four belts he's held in MMA, so yeah, he does, quite a long way to go actually. He can start by defending a featherweight title.

Aldo vs Conor also taught us exactly one thing about how these two match up and little else. Conor has the ability to sleep Aldo with the right punch at the right time. That's only one part of the puzzle in a fight and there's a poo poo load more to that match up. People treat it like Cain vs JDS at the end of their trilogy, rather than what it really was, a Cain vs JDS 1 where a total hammer of a punch put the other dude out and left more questions than answers about the two. Don't take that to mean Aldo is the Cain of this match up and would come back and dominate Conor in a rematch either.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Ik_963tqI

The headline is wrong, it's worth watching for the bit where "Yoel" comes on.

(Not sure if it really is him)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:lol: at everything about Ian McCall's career

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:lol:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MacDougall posted:

How is Anderson in front of my main man Bob Whit.

Because he's Anderson Silva.

I agree with your point though, and Anderson shouldn't be anywhere near a title shot and should probably retire.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a bad tattoo regardless of the source, even if that source is sweet. It's not the worst tat that a current UFC champ has though.

That would be the crown on the monkey's head that McGregor has.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

sounds like you have really good taste in tattoos. i will keep u on speed dial fro next time im in a rap battle with a metal singer

No probs homie

You don't owe us anything!

Seriously.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

bring back fatherdog

"fatherdog was never my friend"
- lowtax

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Just to be clear, an FTM person is a trans man and should be called "he".

In my experience, this isn't always true and gender neutral pronouns should probably be used when you're addressing someone who you know is trans but not how they fully identify. S'not like that's hard or intended to cause offence.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Conor will not defend a belt in his MMA career

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

let's be real here, the shittiest split possible for a boxing match against floyd would still eclipse any ufc payday for him

Seriously. As long as he gets in the ring and fights Mayweather, he's getting more money than he's made in the UFC combined if the fight happens.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"Getting old" is kind of an odd one to claim when he's the best defensive boxer of all time and was last seen convincingly defeating Pac and Berto.

I think I might vaguely recall fatherdog once posting a list of people who made Mayweather's defensive boxing look anything less than stellar and it had no names on it which sums it up for me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

handsome only face posted:

conor loses absolutely nothing if he loses a boxing match to floyd lol

Precisely.

He can basically say something like "Oi went and fought da best boxer of all toime. What duh fuk is everyone else doing while oi challenge meself and make a lot a fookin money?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

Conor mcgregor is gonna charge up his fist with his most power ever and unleash it at floys head who will disappear with a flicker and a laugh via instant transmission and punish him with a gigantic sphere of charged energy. Conor will manage to punch it into space at the last moment thanks to the 16oz gloves, but it crashes into the planet mars, destroying it instantly.

if he screams the attack name before letting it go, it gives it a +100% drama modifier and floyd might not be able to teleport out of the way

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

Cool but that wasn't the question, he asked if Conor and nate did the fusion dance and transformed into Conate Digregor, a new being with the multiplied power of both men as well as all of their tattoos would they beat Floyd before the fusion timer ran out.

if they used the earrings to become Nonor McDiaz instead, they'd get a full hour unless they used all their power on one punch then they'd not get an hour

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

I think we need to firmly establish universe rules for this fictional fight, is it in DragonBall z rules or is it in MGS 2/4 rules? DBZ definitely favors McGregor/Diaz, I think MGS is much more even.

In MGS2, the arm was possessing him, by MGS4, he'd cut it off and was faking it with hypnosis. Additional info required.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

If we're spinning off into full hypotheticals I want a list of all the fighters Floyd could beat in an MMA fight with 6 months of tdd training.

I nominate Marcus Davis.

Are you teaching him the LeftistMuslimObama Sprawl or no?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All of them then

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Who bought me this avatar btw? Honestly just curious at this point.

Nathan Diaz

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You should walk out to the American DBZ openings, duh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My wife found that weirdo BJ Penn in front of an American flag with headphones shirt at an outlet store so now im wearing it.

A shirt like this cannot be described. Take a photo or find one, it's important.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why does Gus come out of this clip looking like he's the one who got dropped

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't believe there were people who believed in Travis Browne over The Black Beast in these threads.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Memento posted:

My wife and I are watching the fights from today. She would like to know why Bigg Rigg put Vaseline up his nose. Also she said he looked "fat as poo poo" and wondered if his corner were promising him sandwiches if he won.

Bigg Rigg putting vaseline on holes where it's not suppose to be... wonder if that's got an underlying meaning.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lewis at the post fight: "poo poo, I appreciate Yamasaki letting it go a while longer. I'll give him a thousand dollars because I wanted to give Travis Browne a beating" (for beating women)

oh and he also went into specifics about needing to take a poo poo between rounds and letting out a carefully measured fart to just get comfortable.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/timsylviamma/status/833543888979771392

just mad because Lewis didn't poo poo himself in the cage, leaving himself as the only heavyweight to have done so.

• Locked thread