Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007

NowonSA posted:

There are a few sensible candidates for who that could be, in terms of characters from the books. Or maybe she comes up directly in the first book and someone knows for sure. I expect we'll get her name dropped pretty soon, one way or another.

I'm pretty sure it's Drummer, I don't think she even showed up until Nemesis Games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007

Mars4523 posted:

That would be a stupid thing to introduce so early in the story. When it happens in the books it happens quite a long time after Holden thinks that he's purged the protomolecule from his ship and the protomolecule soldier conspiracy has been exposed and wiped out. We are nowhere near that, and pushing that forward would be way premature. You let the hero think he's won and then pull the rug out from under him, you don't do that in the middle of the conflict while the tension is still up..

There's more to it then that even.

Ok huge spoiler seriously don't mouse over this:
Holden is contacted because the protomolecule fails to connect to the network, so it uses Miller to try to find another way to make contact. Without the gate launching Miller appearing to Holden wouldn't really work. Granted I kinda assumed they'd just push the gate launching forward but welp.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
The slow zone didn't affect anything inside a ship's hull or anything on a subatomic scale.

kerwyn fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 24, 2017

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
Nah that's just inertia being a bitch

• Locked thread