Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rocksicles posted:

Holy poo poo The Rosinante is a carnage machine

Those little glowy particles of hull debris from PDC shots slamming into the walls and floor under thrust, loving unf

E: I think President Roslin would have approved of Fred Johnson

Phy fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AlternateAccount posted:

Also, there was a lot more profanity in the unedited Alamo presentation. Avasarala's "I know how it loving works!" was a pretty big shock. What did they do for broadcast?

She sure as poo poo said that on the Space broadcast.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Based on the first two episodes, Frankie Adams wasn't really living up to my image of Bobbie as basically The Rock in a wig, but given she's hunched over here, she's actually kind of enormous. Once she starts interacting with the main cast members instead of other Martian marines, there's lots of camera tricks they can use to play up her physicality, too.

Also: Frankie Adams. Bobbie Draper. How did I not notice how perfect that is until now.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Any Texans - is Cas Anvar's Mariner Valley drawl for Alex anything like a real Texas accent or does he sound like some goob trying to imitate Mission Control? Because honestly that's what I pictured the Mariner accent as anyway.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Why are the city lights so small on future overpopulated Earth.

Looks like the map jibes pretty well with Nasa's Black Marble nighttime composites. Urban densification wouldn't necessarily result in a greater spread of lights.

But Florida's missing.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

I want everyone to settle down and work together and overthrow capitalism and live a life of peace and luxury harvesting the limitless resources of space.

But who wants to watch a show about a society like that

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The grenade thing was perfect. Amos's face all like "those are not the sounds that should happen after a grenade."

I'm a little sad that Holden didn't take Prax's gun back after he triggered a firefight by waving it around like a madman. I think the line about "everybody knew that cocking the hammer of your gun was how you emphasized your point in these situations" and then everybody going loud - because that's what actually happens when a wild-eyed man with a gun on you cocks the hammer - was one of my favorite bits of the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Longbaugh01 posted:

Nah man. They were all chill and just wanted to share their space pizza and be space bros.

All like "Hey fellas you followed the clues we left, good job welcome to the pizza party"

• Locked thread