Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oof I remember laughing at it back in the dawn of time but it's a lot grosser than I remember lol. Good lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Their robocop scene remake and garfield videos are still solid gold, though

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Oooofff. Honestly, that’s not even the YouTube link I meant to share. I guess I copied the wrong one from having that video open from the Doomsday Economics thread.

It’s been edited out. I’m not trying to be insensitive or provocative about child exploitation.

My sincerest apologies, my bad.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
:allbuttons:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"We have to nominate the most conservative democrat so they won't call him a whacky communist"

Also where do I buy a ticket to that particular parallel timeline

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

shame on an IGA posted:

"We have to nominate the most conservative democrat so they won't call him a whacky communist"

Also where do I buy a ticket to that particular parallel timeline

Not... the point here.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/supership79/status/1308073383242932224

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Trump doesn't have Burns' redeeming qualities

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Trying to imagine Trump doped up on ether and hallucinating the nearest fat guy to him is the Pillsbury dough boy

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Doesn't have the money either.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Burns is an actual combat vet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

An actual vet period

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
And the shells his factory made for the Nazis worked, dammit

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Vote for Burns! Cartoon evil not cartoon evil

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

And the shells his factory made for the Nazis worked, dammit

I don't remember this, but I remember the Flying Hellfish episode.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't remember this, but I remember the Flying Hellfish episode.

It’s from the episode “A Star is Burns” where Burns is trying to have a biopic made about himself so he can win the Springfield Film Festival, and he compares himself to Oskar Schindler.

https://youtu.be/htbEXFcZt20

Also one of the best episodes since it was a crossover with The Critic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Groening hated that episode lol

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Which is funny because he sure hasn't taken his name off the last 20(!) total garbage seasons that exist just to milk a dying cow.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

Milo and POTUS posted:

He has a lot of really dumb opinions on the show iirc which can be safely ignored or laughed at
Not to mention his thing with Epstein:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Which is funny because he sure hasn't taken his name off the last 20(!) total garbage seasons that exist just to milk a dying cow.

People have been saying that cow's dying since the mid 90s and it has outlived everything except the loving news and a weird Mormon thing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What weird mormon thing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Alternatively you could just say mormon thing

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Alternatively you could just say mormon thing

Look, I love making GBS threads in Mormons as much as the next guy,

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Look, I love making GBS threads in Mormons as much as the next guy,

I hear some of them pay good money for that.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

People have been saying that cow's dying since the mid 90s and it has outlived everything except the loving news and a weird Mormon thing.

Something that big takes a long time to die. It's been running on inertia with no cultural relevance for a long time now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/holypuppyfan/status/1314570502728450048

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lost track of the number of times I've seen Groverhaus this year

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

I’m fuckin dying over here

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Beautiful.

Can't wait to see it retweeted in earnest.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I’m fuckin dying over here

These posts are so loving dumb and completely missing the point.

"Black people are poor, but they're not voting for Trump or trying to overthrow the government" is obtuse as hell.

Poverty and inequality are what allow chuds to radicalize working class white people. Yes, the situation for BIPOC isn't the same form of radicalization, but that doesn't mean there aren't analogous issues for them caused by poverty and inequality. For example, many Black and Latino gangs are able to fill their ranks because of the problems caused by poverty and the other factors that are radicalizing whites.

This is all just IDPOL bullshit meant to distract people from having class solidarity.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Toshokan posted:

These posts are so loving dumb and completely missing the point.

"Black people are poor, but they're not voting for Trump or trying to overthrow the government" is obtuse as hell.

Poverty and inequality are what allow chuds to radicalize working class white people. Yes, the situation for BIPOC isn't the same form of radicalization, but that doesn't mean there aren't analogous issues for them caused by poverty and inequality. For example, many Black and Latino gangs are able to fill their ranks because of the problems caused by poverty and the other factors that are radicalizing whites.

This is all just IDPOL bullshit meant to distract people from having class solidarity.

It's Groverhaus, dude.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's also mocking an rear end in a top hat idpol idiot that wants to paint all right wing extremists as impoverished rednecks rather than the well off and educated people that they are

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Groverhaus is like, goatse of the forums. You know you've been here (or the internet in general) too long if you recognize groverhaus (goatse) and smile.

It's so much better than the old "stairs/protected" bullshit inside joke.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

It's Groverhaus, dude.

Yes, I get the joke, I'm talking about the actual pictures:
https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1314343175960567808?s=19

Libs and other dummies are trying to deflect from the issues of class and inequality contributing to radicalization and crime typified by these pictures and case with a completely obtuse argument.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
You'd think that "economic anxiety" had been beaten to death as an explanation by now but lol I guess not.

Anyway, good replies.
https://twitter.com/Well_Regulated_/status/1314570076977344512

https://twitter.com/deejayspikes/status/1314605687163572230

https://twitter.com/IzaTheGrey/status/1314608945567338502

https://twitter.com/cephalopodzz/status/1314608558521147392

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Milo and POTUS posted:

What weird mormon thing

They have a weekly broadcast from the Tabernacle, which has apparently been going on since 1949.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Something that big takes a long time to die. It's been running on inertia with no cultural relevance for a long time now.

That graph is also a really bad gauge. I'd be interested to see how it compares as a share of viewers rather than raw numbers. People aren't watching tv as much as they were in 1990, and the ones who are have their attention split by hundreds of options. Back then we had four networks and a handful of cable stations. I can pick up more Spanish language OTA stations than I had tv stations in total in 1990. Four million viewers looks atrocious compared to where they started, but it's actually about average for a network show. The only things that can hit 30+ nowadays are major sports events and poo poo like the Oscars. No doubt they're not drawing what they used to, as a share or in raw numbers, but they have gradually slid down into the middle of the pack...and it took three decades.

Hell, peak Simpsons was in that 15M viewer range, not peak viewership. So that chart really doesn't do much explaining at all.