Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/StevenBeynon/status/1351230956787683328?s=20

Tag yourselves, I’m the NVGs and IR designator; perfect equipment for standing around in a city in the middle of the day.

He's hilariously under-guessing the cost of the plates, night vision, plate carrier, and magazine pouches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Bored As gently caress posted:

He's hilariously under-guessing the cost of the plates, night vision, plate carrier, and magazine pouches.

But overestimating the $500 eotech

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The dude on the left has a scope. Not sure what's on the one in the background.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?
The guy on the left has PMags, with the one in his AR pistol having a Taran Tactical extended base pad which are like $40. Even windowed gen 3 mags are less than $20/each. The guy on in the middle looks like he has Lancer mags, which can be more expensive depending on what kind and color.

Left guy has a Law folder on his AR pistol, adding ~$250 to it. Middle guy has some kind of knock off one, maybe Sylvan Arms. I'm not as familiar with it, but it's definitely significantly cheaper. I can't tell too much more about their AR pistols themselves otherwise.

Can't tell what LPVO the left guy has (which could wildly vary in cost and potentially be very expensive). Middle guy has the Eotech, though I can't tell which specific one, but it would be ~$400-500 or so.

Guy on the left has what looks like a DBAL-A4, which is almost $3000. He also has a suppressor, but I can't tell which one either. Middle guy looks like he might have a Surefire Warden with a suppressor cover. It's so short that it doesn't seem like it could be anything else, unless it's some modular suppressor like JK Armament in the smallest configuration, but that wouldn't attenuate sound very much.

It's impossible to tell how much their plates cost. They could be cheap steel plates (which are a bad idea) or ceramic, the latter which could be thousands of dollars for a set, and that's only if they don't also have side plates.

I don't know enough about nightvision, heltmets, clothing, and other gear to figure out what they have and how much it costs.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

It looks like he has a JPC 2 ($240), a Haley D3CRX-H chest rig ($180) and mounting gear ($30). If he got a set of Hesco L210s (about the cheapest set of reputable special threat rated plates you can get at roughly $350) he’s over $600 deep on that alone.

I own the same poo poo but if you ever see me wearing it in public outside of a civil war situation then please just shoot me

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?

It looks like he has a JPC 2 ($240), a Haley D3CRX-H chest rig ($180) and mounting gear ($30). If he got a set of Hesco L210s (about the cheapest set of reputable special threat rated plates you can get at roughly $350) he’s over $600 deep on that alone.

I own the same poo poo but if you ever see me wearing it in public outside of a civil war situation then please just shoot me

Well, if you're going to a protest where you know there will be other trigger happy chuds, I guess it's fairly rational to bring the plates and carrier....

The guy on the left is probably wearing/carrying nearly $10K in gear. He reminds me of all the douchebags who buy $40k trucks to LARP as blue collar when they actually own a car dealership or some other business to clear seven figures a year.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I mean...

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Kinda the point though lol

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

To, like, make sure it works, or...?

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/StevenBeynon/status/1351230956787683328?s=20

Tag yourselves, I’m the NVGs and IR designator; perfect equipment for standing around in a city in the middle of the day.

I’m the guy who’s way too out of shape to pretend to be a soldier anymore.

They drop all of this money on what’s for them essentially dangerous cosplay but can’t buy a gym membership or something?

That pouch near his fupa is likely full of cold cuts or s’mores fixings.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Toshokan posted:

Well, if you're going to a protest where you know there will be other trigger happy chuds, I guess it's fairly rational to bring the plates and carrier....

The guy on the left is probably wearing/carrying nearly $10K in gear. He reminds me of all the douchebags who buy $40k trucks to LARP as blue collar when they actually own a car dealership or some other business to clear seven figures a year.

an F-250 Platinum w/ diesel starts at $77k and i can't throw a rock across a parking lot in Texas without hitting 10 of them

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bored As gently caress posted:

I was about to say, no way a dude with this much gear is rolling around in some spalltastic AR500 plates, he probably spend a grand+ on some plates "just like the SEALs use" so he could tell that to every dumbass gravy seal he meets

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Love seeing the few dudes in Russian multicam as well.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Am I just old, because I thought the operator look was still jeans, t-shirt, plate carrier, kneepads, beard and baseball hat. When did people start cosplaying as grunts?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the cool dudes in CoD wear full crye with the earpro-cut helmets in multicam, the t-shirt and jeans look is for mercenaries

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The sequel to that movie was so loving dumb, even if it included more nerd operator

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The sequel to that movie was so loving dumb, even if it included more nerd operator

Is that not Burn Notice?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Two Fing and I were discussing the Siccario films the other day, and about how the moral of the first one was “Hmm, the drug war and a militarized border are contributing to an ever-spiraling cycle of violence and are pretty bad!” whereas the second was “Hmm, the drug war and a militarized border are contributing to an ever-spiraling cycle of violence and it’s loving AWESOME!”

The second one lacked all of the complexity and rigor of the first and basically just felt like chud fan fiction with a budget.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Two Fing and I were discussing the Siccario films the other day, and about how the moral of the first one was “Hmm, the drug war and a militarized border are contributing to an ever-spiraling cycle of violence and are pretty bad!” whereas the second was “Hmm, the drug war and a militarized border are contributing to an ever-spiraling cycle of violence and it’s loving AWESOME!”

The second one lacked all of the complexity and rigor of the first and basically just felt like chud fan fiction with a budget.

Yeah - it was basically a transition from gently caress me to gently caress yea!

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Is that not Burn Notice?

No, Siccario 1 and 2
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/hvbj1u/the_fixer_wyatt_skin_inspired_by_steve_forsing/

TCD fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 19, 2021

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's only one c in Sicario

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Toshokan posted:

Yeah the carrier and plates are the reasonable part of the situation, provided you belong there in the first place.

Itchy_Grundle posted:

online orders require no sweat equity

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I could see idiots getting that from the first one too though

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

There's only one c in Sicario

F

I had it that way, but the red squiggly

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

evil_bunnY posted:

Yeah the carrier and plates are the reasonable part of the situation, provided you belong there in the first place.

online orders require no sweat equity

Exactly.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

One of my navy buddies tried to point to the first sicario movie to support an argument that we basically need a fully militarized USBP with carte blanche and [more] prison camps for undocumented people

I didn't really get his argument, tbh

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
One of the most popular YouTube videos film theory crafting about Sicario is that “Kate is actually the bad guy because she’s not willing to DO WHAT IT TAKES.”

Not to spoil the ending but what it takes is apparently executing children and using JSOC as a secret death squad

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

One of the most popular YouTube videos film theory crafting about Sicario is that “Kate is actually the bad guy because she’s not willing to DO WHAT IT TAKES.”

Not to spoil the ending but what it takes is apparently executing children and using JSOC as a secret death squad

I think I've seen that video. The guy is a total meathead chud. Absolutely incoherent argument.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Gotta support our merciless killsquads!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah I'm sure right wingers loved the movie. It's the equivalent of "no such anti war movie"

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Force people like that to sit through come and see and the one about the rape of Nanjing

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/uDseOc_KBLI

https://youtu.be/RBHctWjOuwk

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/-cEBguJj3dg

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/sievetronix/status/1352081797555871746?s=19

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Siccario Spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGpmyXDGPE

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Itchy_Grundle posted:

They drop all of this money on what’s for them essentially dangerous cosplay but can’t buy a gym membership or something?

That pouch near his fupa is likely full of cold cuts or s’mores fixings.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/TayPosting/status/1352799017277788160?s=20

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/Real_Xi_Jinping/status/1337811361947144192?s=20

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002