Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

DO IT AGAIN MARCHER SHERMAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Dysfunctional Veterans can die in a loving fire.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

EBB posted:

Okay, you do absolutely nothing but spend taxpayer dollars. Who do you do?

But that's what I do too

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Stop quoting it please christ

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

What the gently caress

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

CommieGIR posted:

.....she is property of the entire Air Force?

It gets lonely in the barracks.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

As Nero Danced posted:

Yeah, I was wrong and it was his step-father's graduation. Here's another shot.

e: VVV Yeah, back in 2014. Not sure how he died but it wouldn't surprise me. Nick Androsky, aka Sergeant Master Soup Sandwich

I remember it was a drug overdose of a particularly stupid drug, like bath salts or something.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Extremely blessed if satire

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I saw a guy who made it to BUD/S with an ASVAB waiver, he was only in the low 30’s.

No idea how he swung that, the average ASVAB in candidates is like at least 75.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A Bad Poster posted:

I was stationed on joint bases for most of my career and was always jealous of the much more lax regulations for the boots airmen could wear. Army was like "can't wear these because they'll melt to your feet in combat!" like I'm going to be wearing my office boots in a combat zone or something.

My favorite in the type one era Navy is being forced to wear one of two models of steel toed boots approved for shipboard wear to the office.

Because you never know when you'll have to fight fires while discussing medical history with patients.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Arc Light posted:

I always assumed the Air Force had the least common sense of the DoD

Are you serious

But really, it seems to go from most common sense to least:

SOCOM
(several miles)
Coast Guard
Air Force
(a mile or two)
Navy
Army

And the Marines are their own weird thing where half the things they do make perfect sense while the other half are totally retarded.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

mlmp08 posted:

SOCOM, bastion of common sense.

If you only meant poo poo like not flipping out over haircuts or going to a basic-rear end rifle range without being dressed like you're about to eat artillery, sure. But at least flipping out over haircuts means less free time to murder each other.

I mean yeah that's more what I'm talking about here, not trying to dive into the institutional culture of the teams or whatever.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://youtu.be/Q4PC8Luqiws

I bet you need the joke explained slowly in that video too you dimwit.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I remember when the new CO came over the 1mc to complain about how weak the crew was after a rash of suicide attempts. SWOs are quite the community.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

In WW2 enlisted pilots were common, there were even black enlisted pilots so it’s not very historical. Most “professional” job equivalents seem to become officer jobs though because lol at convincing an enlisted pilot to re-enlist for poo poo pay and a bonus he would make less than a year on the outside.

It’s not like there isn’t enough officers trying to become pilots unlike during WW2 when pilots were one of the shortest types of personnel in supply for most nations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I can't speak for the Air Force, but for the Navy that commitment only kicks in once you get winged. If you fail out before that, you can often redesignate to a different community like supply or Intel, or sometimes they'll just let you leave. I have a buddy who failed out on the last training event before getting winged, like two years into flight school, and the Navy was entirely prepared to let him just walk away and go into the civilian sector.

A lot of officer SEAL candidates just leave the Navy. Meanwhile, for the enlisted drops, welcome to deck department.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Slim Pickens posted:

Can't believe Blizerian got out of any commitment when he proved himself to be too terrible of a person to be allowed in a unit that carries tomahawks for glory kills, they should've made that dickhead paint boats

Literally everyone gets shin splints/stress fractures and other overuse injuries like that during BUD/S, so after he got performance dropped in 3rd Phase he just kept running 15+ miles a day so they wouldn't heal and would show up on x-rays. Eventually the PTRR (over whatever they called it then) medical/therapists probably just shrugged on why it wasn't healing and sent him to be medboarded out. Most of the people who dropped just wanted HM or so they could play Marine or just a skate rate so they could either work on college or go back, but there's always a one or two people with wacky schemes like that I saw.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Bored As gently caress posted:

I thought Bilzerian got through BUDS but was DQed for unsafe poo poo repeatedly on on the firing range / shoot house.

Obviously I don’t know much about the particulars of his situation but especially back then, when they didn’t have unlimited applicants, getting performance dropped in third phase typically meant they hated you but couldn’t make you quit.

Friend of mine got dropped in the SWCC version of SQT because he glanced down while loading a crew served weapon. Even today you can get one chance to roll back (he had already rolled due to an injury). So “safety violations” are an easy way to thin out the class if you’re already past selection or just don’t like one dude in particular. The fact that they didn’t roll Dan back after he had almost made it screams that the instructors didn’t want him to make it.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Yeah I'm super confused because whenever I loaded either of the two crew served weapons I used I always looked at what I was doing.

From my understanding you’re supposed to keep your eyes downrange and be able to do it by muscle memory, at least in NSW. I never got that far lol.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://youtu.be/mbsty22vOKo

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I took an elective on Jewish biblical scholarship and holy poo poo was it interesting to actually read it like literature but super weird.

Before that point in my life I’d only either interacted with the Bible through right wing nutcase Sunday school, where they skip all the good stuff like the all the incest and petty tantrums god throws over things like not banging your brothers wife properly.

You kinda see why a lot more Jews skew less religious and dogmatic then Christians and Muslims because their scholarship tradition means more of them actually learn their text and how weird it is versus carefully curated passages.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mouth breathers lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Impressive that the action can cycle and fire before the bullet has traveled more than a few inches. Let’s be generous and say 1/4 of a meter.

So since AKs with typical ammo have a muzzle velocity ~700 meters that means this AK has an approximate cyclic rate of fire around 16800 rpm and this dudes ripping away one handed without much difficulty. This is the standard for the Soros trained antifa super soldiers we need.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

On every mass shooting twitter there’s a bunch of people saying “antifa” even though it’s literally always wrong there appears to be a still be a belief that either specific mass shooters like Vegas were antifa and that antifa shooters are at least a significant minority of mass shootings.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

EBB posted:

did you know there are songs about john brown? NOW YOU KNOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSn3NddwFQ

This was a popular marching song in the US Army during that era. Clearly a bunch of beta SJW cucks who didn’t realize it was all about heritage not hate unlike our very woke modern society.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Do it again uncle Billy

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Notice unlike every coin instead of a profile shot it's offset 45 degrees because he's a hambeast with no chin.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The ones I got issued (and only returned the case because free range glasses lol) when I was with the Marines I think were ESS and they’re great, they held up and look brand new after I clean them despite all I’ve taken them through.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Just clippin coupons in the stock market over here

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lmao

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

That heavyset white dude behind Killer Mike looks like he’s jerking it at 1:50 lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

EBB posted:

Considering the context it's not even a war crime.

He should have stopped resisting and obeyed lawful orders if he didn't want to get bayoneted.

:911:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Holy gently caress Jeb with some shade

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

:kiss:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

piL posted:

Fact checked by...
Gizmodo? Huh.

Johnson was probably just sad nobody would watch him poop that morning.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wasabi the J posted:

They won't.

Also Trump is running effectively unopposed as he effectively got away with doing what Nixon could have only come up with in his kinkiest fantasies.

Yeah it’s a lot easier to be brave about hypothetical danger then when you’re drowning in your own fluids and the cheetah is eating your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

That’s what I thought it was