Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
B. Engineering, because knowing how to fix the ship might turn out to be sort of kinda important if (when) poo poo Goes Sideways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

O, Cross-Training

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

1A
2O

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

1H - this is why we have the ability to wake people up, let's use it

2S - as crazy as the Doctor is (not that we know that in-character), he did exactly the right thing in this situation. Relieve him of watch-standing responsibility while we are awake - a temporary relief - so he can concentrate on maybe finding a way to fix our eyes and checking on the pods. We're here now, we can stand watches.

Also agreeing with Rockopolis' amendment.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

1D - the navigator needs to know the score, he can decide how well Lal did on his own.
2I - the faster we get readings, the more likely we'll still have reaction mass for any further corrections.
3O - we don't want to try waking up anyone with a faulty cryo bed. Also, it's prudent to let them sleep a little longer; if we're further off course than we think, we might have longer to go before planetfall - and that means more time to use up supplies. No need to increase the number of mouths to feed before we're scheduled to.

EDIT: Also agreeing with Outrail that Lal's willingness to admit he needed a backstop was correct. The kid did well.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Blasphemaster posted:

Yeah yeah getting on the AJ_Impy :bandwagon:

Same, save me a sest

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Volmarias posted:

Also, Dr. Murder isn't absolved of guilt by sociopath crocodile tears.

For the record, Dr. Murder is actually the person I suspect the least - because while I have no doubt that he'd kill a dude without remorse, he'd never do it by damaging the cryo beds. Dude's got a messiah complex, but that demands that he have people to save.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

"Chaplain Freya Silvstedt, Chief Engineer Yurika Pavlovich Korolev, Botanist Jennifer Skye, Doctor Drake Moreau and quartermaster Jane Bean have all distinguished themselves in this regard. Oldcastle has started inviting one of the passengers who has been especially helpful, one Nweismuller Meyerson to weekly meetings."

Even more UNS Unity than I'd thought!

1C
2I

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Outrail posted:

E is perfectly compatable with ecological preservation. Keep population density low and everyone can have their own robot sexbot butler and a personal 10 square kilometer wildlife preserve. There's not reason we can't have our cake and eat it too (this assumes we land of a planet with life, if it's a dead dumb planet who gives a gently caress?).

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I'm okay with any of the landing sites as long as we get the chance to shittalk Oldcastle to other crew members at every available opportunity, as per AJ Impy's critique.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Outrail posted:

Please don't gently caress the planet.

Well, not without buying it a drink first!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Christ, I made plan E explicitly because we can't afford a mutiny right now. B, stressing that Oldcastle is unstable right now, and may take a large meeting of many senior staff and civilian leaders as a sign of mutiny. Failing that, A, but insist that every faction sends only one member of their leadership, preferably a second-in-command. If Oldcastle does try something, he can't decapitate everyone.

Plan JT Jag gets my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Blasphemaster posted:

I'm going with G since it's very unlikely we'll be in such a situation that the rare earth minerals needed for fancy tech like this will be easily obtained and readily available. Plus we all know that having an edge in research is the best way to break any civ game over your knee, no matter what kind of victory you're going for.

DON'T FORGET THE GUNS.

Seconding this.

• Locked thread