Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Despite its issues, Bravely Default is a pretty fantastic product.

Are you planning on linking the music? Because you really should. BD's soundtrack, composed by Revo, is one of the best game soundtracks I've heard to date. I also really liked the music for the opening video, as it works in the various leitmotifs of important story elements as it goes through the characters.

Definitely following with interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Greyarc posted:

There are only two tactics a real warrior needs! Frontal assault, and death by frontal assault!
The voice acting in this game has some truly top-notch moments, and this line here is one of my absolute favorites. This guy is so goddamned stoked :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

they removed her vagina bones

theshim
May 1, 2012

Same. Plus, Agnes has better outfits overall, but especially in the physical classes :black101:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Probably bias on my part having just played through it recently, but Breath of Fire 2 was terrible about this. Also: charcters of wildly varying usefulness, who also all level at different speeds (and gain no experience when not part of your 4-person party), and are all mandatory for at least one dungeon (occasionally as the sole party member). I often find myself wondering how in god's name I had the patience for it when I was 10.

tl;dr I've got gripes about BD too, but they did a fantastic job picking and choosing the classic JRPG elements to keep.
gently caress highfort

theshim
May 1, 2012

YggiDee posted:

This all cements my belief that more/all JRPGs should imitate The World Ends With You's encounter system. And maybe its item drop and leveling system.
Yessssss.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Really the only way to decide who does what is to judge purely on how good/stupid they look in the jobs.

Bravely Default is a game about dressing two guys and two girls up in fancy costumes and everything else is filler content.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Strongly recommend giving this one a listen, I love this theme.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I just want to say that it took me an embarrassingly long time to get the pun on Khamer.

Tae posted:

Same artist

The default female Knight in LuCT was surprisingly decent, as these things go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

This is one of my favorite pieces in the game. It's just so pretty.