Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Pureauthor posted:

The two goofballs in the airship are The Best.

Seriously. Kinda wish they had more screen time. I'd love to watch them bicker like an old married couple for a bit, just as a gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Agnes for Monk, Tiz for White Mage. Because god drat it, Agnes has GOT to have some aggression to let out after that. She needs to start punching poo poo until it's a red paste.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I also love how Ringabel has a book full of spoilers.

It is quite fun how he has a literal book of spoilers, though most of them won't turn up until needed if I recall. I believe in gameplay, it's mostly a reminder of where to go, story details that have happened, etc. Though the first thing is kinda unneeded since we have our own netnavi, annoying fairy, AIRY to tell us where to go off to next. Granted, it's been a while since I picked up the game. Also, there WAS a demo that gave you full on head-start early on, though mostly consumables...and getting all of them was a -pain- and took a few sessions to 100%, was also kinda-sorta but not really, a spoiler for the early game.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 16, 2017

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Greyarc posted:

Yes. The job system is complex enough I don't want to cover everything in one go, is all.

I must agree. It's got plenty going for it. It's got enough to give you freedom to use what you really want, without giving TOO much freedom to the point the game's difficulty is shattered to hell and back over your knee. Specially when you get late game and can basically make next to infinite money with a certain combo. It's really nice to see.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Glazius posted:

Are jobs limited, or can three people hot-swap an asterisk?

If you really wanted, I THINK you can have 4 white mages and reenact FF1's "Four White Mage" challenge.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I have to admit, I rather love it when games do this with items. They give a simple, but direct explanation on how the item works and what it does, it really opens up a little bit more into a game's world setting and I am very sad more games don't do it. Too bad I never could finish BD1 because of A. Work schedules are a bitch and B. Reasons that will be explained later on down the road in the game. Also, I rather enjoyed the ability to A. Auto-Attack whenever you want and B. Change encounter rates and the encounter speeds on a dime, which makes it a lot more accessible to basically everyone. The game's DIFFICULTY CURVE on the other hand...

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

YggiDee posted:

This all cements my belief that more/all JRPGs should imitate The World Ends With You's encounter system. And maybe its item drop and leveling system.

Oh god please I wish more games did that. An encounter slider is nice. Being able to choose weather you WANT to fight on a separate screen is even better, being able to pick and choose, not to mention "Chaining" for item drops, with a "Boss Re-fight" symbol to add to it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Hmmm...makes me wonder if JP Up stacks on all party members to a (potential) max of 1.8x JP per battle if all four of them have it equipped at one time. Which would make it -really- handy, otherwise it increases JP gains, but not a necessity by any means to have equipped at all times.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

For FFV it varied, though Tetsuya Nomura's costume designs were usually pretty tame back then.

God I miss his tame designs. Aya Breya was loving badass AND practical at the same time. Now it's turned to "Now...how can I incorporate belts and zippers on this outfit without seeming completely retarded?" and I don't wanna get started on "Third Birthday"

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Silegna posted:

Years later, and EPMs, emote is still kicking. Also, I hate the merchant job. Why should I spend my hard earned pg, when I can just light stuff on fire, stab, or punch it to death?

Infinite money loop my friend. Not to mention ONE item sells at such a high price and you can steal them adinfinitum later in the game. Needless to say, it wasn't an INTENDED thing.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
This old man would put god drat Master Roshi to shame if the two were to meet. Hmmm...or they would just both go into the bedroom to share stories. Either way, I shudder to think if two old codgers with a penchant for being pervy were to meet face to face.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And the tapping X thing is annoying. I would've preferred a cutscene.

I'll just say: There's a reason for it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Cattail Prophet posted:

I know that was a mythologically accurate Orthros, but I'm still disappointed it wasn't a wisecracking octopus instead.

We REALLY don't need more overlap with Final Fantasy. 13-2's coliseum DLC was painful enough. Though I did like the idea of Gilgamesh (voiced by a certain always-drunk robot) using guns for the first part of his fight absolutely hilarious. :allears:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

MechaCrash posted:

Of course, the big issue here is that Pharmacy is at job level 11, so by the time you have it, you can probably do just as well financially by just cranking up the encounter rate and vaporizing everything. Unless, of course, you employ a system which we haven't seen yet.

That system is so loving broken it hurts. And yet I love every little bit of it. Though It'll be a while before our LPer gets to a decent place to actively show it off. I think somewhere around the half-way mark.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Something tells me a king is about to get dethroned if he keeps up his petulant temper tantrums. Plus, there IS the thing we couldn't get into earlier.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
So Regicide next? Seems legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Commander Keene posted:

Look, Tiz needs his bloodlust satisfied. He's already killed a Knight, obviously the next step up was a King.

This Tiz fellow sounds like the kind of guy who would straight up shank a bitch for taking the last bread roll or something. I like him already :downs: