Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

Both players led with their arms, one player jumped higher and ended up not being the dead one.

I always love it when one of these things comes up and you have a wildly inaccurate description of what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

I always love it when one of these things comes up and you have a wildly inaccurate description of what happened.

Is the wildly inaccurate description the description of what actually happened but because it was an Arsenal player the facts don't matter?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...tm_campaign=crm

video is there. Both players jump throwing their arms into the air, bellerin jumped way too early so his arms were on the down swing before the ball arrived

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Bellerin's arms come down almost immediately, and he's not leading with his elbow. Both players are at roughly the same place in their arcs; Alonso is just much higher. It's like you live in opposite world.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Well, he did link from foxsports.au

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Don't get me wrong, that isn't what cost Arsenal the game.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bellerin's arms come down almost immediately, and he's not leading with his elbow. Both players are at roughly the same place in their arcs; Alonso is just much higher. It's like you live in opposite world.

Its almost like you have never jumped to challenge for a header before. Also Coquelin doing what appeared to be a bug from fifa while defending the second goal was hilarious

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Where can I go to wish Arsenal were better than they are presently?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Stan Kroenke's door with a 20,000 signature e-petition.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bea Nanner posted:

Where can I go to wish Arsenal were better than they are presently?

You guys just looked so bad yesterday. Iwobi and Walcott were just anonymous, could not be bothered, you looked shambles in defense, Coquelin looked awful.

Chelsea, on the other hand, phwoar.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Did arsenal give wicka aids or did wicka give arsenal aids?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Stan Kroenke's door with a 20,000 signature e-petition.

Maybe he'll move them to LA too.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Liverpool completely falling apart since the new year, what the hell is going on. At the rate they are going it wouldn't surprise me if they manage to drop out of a European spot completely again

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

elbkaida posted:

Liverpool completely falling apart since the new year, what the hell is going on. At the rate they are going it wouldn't surprise me if they manage to drop out of a European spot completely again

is this the first time you are watching football?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I always love how Arsenal fans try to latch into something wildly innocuous as a reason for why they aren't winning every match.

Your team is built to finish between third and fifth and your manager has the same mentality.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Shrapnig posted:

I always love how Arsenal fans try to latch into something wildly innocuous as a reason for why they aren't winning every match.

Your team is built to finish between third and fifth and your manager has the same mentality.

C'mon, it's second and fourth and you know it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Not sure what you're getting at here. Arsenal aren't winning every match because their team is unbalanced and their defense is poo poo, but that doesn't mean that the erotic fiction that Byolante writes for Tony Pulis fan sites is true.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

People who thought Bellerin was fouled: Delusional Arsenal fans.

People who didn't think Bellerin was fouled: The rest of the world.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

People who thought Bellerin was fouled: Delusional Arsenal fans.

People who didn't think Bellerin was fouled: The rest of the world.

Conte after the match laughed and said that in Italy or Spain that it would be foul, then laughed and said 'but not in England'.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
it's because Arsenal have no spine from the top down

Ozil is allowed to check out of every big game and the only other good player they have also doesn't put in a shift against contenders. again and again.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JFairfax posted:

Conte after the match laughed and said that in Italy or Spain that it would be foul, then laughed and said 'but not in England'.

Good.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I feel like if it is something that could get you tossed out of an ice hockey game it should probably be a foul in football tbh :shrug:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I feel like if it is something that could get you tossed out of an ice hockey game it should probably be a foul in football tbh :shrug:

You keep saying this and it just makes me think you know nothing about either sport.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Let me know the next time two hockey players are jumping to head the puck.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Don't know why it would be relevant, but it's a clear foul in every other version of football/rugby

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Up to 6th after this weekend, things looking pretty sweet for us if I do say so myself

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Up to 6th after this weekend, things looking pretty sweet for us if I do say so myself

Sir Alex Ferguson: Literally the difference between being a perpetual Europa League machine and a title winner.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Sir Alex Ferguson: Literally the difference between being Liverpool and a title winner.

Fixed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
He left the squad in a terrible situation that is taking multiple managers to fix so much it's still not great and it's the most expensive ever

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

brocked posted:

Don't know why it would be relevant, but it's a clear foul in every other version of football/rugby

Hi, big player and watcher of rugby union here, have you never been involved in a lineout?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
west ham spent £20m on the wrong swansea player

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Jose posted:

He left the squad in a terrible situation that is taking multiple managers to fix so much it's still not great and it's the most expensive ever

Can you imagine if United had let Spurs have van Gaal in 2014 and signed Poch instead

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
John terry has strange views about become a coach

John Terry posted:

This generation of footballers have earned very good money throughout their time, and we need to make it easier for them to get into coaching roles – by not doing the full length of the FA coaching course.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

:qq: studying is hard

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

brasstassels posted:

Can you imagine if United had let Spurs have van Gaal in 2014 and signed Poch instead

TBH, I was being far too simplistic in my glib statement about SAF earlier, far too little has been made of the impact of it being BOTH he and Gill jumping ship at the same time that left the Glazer's with their trousers hilariously around their ankles showing off their Tampa Bay boxer shorts.

That and Ed's amazing incompetence when it comes to the transfer market, of course. The club went from having some of the best football and football business knowledge in the world in charge of pretty much all day to day club affairs, to having a manager with potential hoping to step up and a complete buffoon in charge of all day to day club affairs.

No I don't run United.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

"there should be more english coaches, so we should lower their standards and make them far less able to compete for any job worth having"

john terry is way too thick to ever become a coach or manager

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
If John Terry is too thick to pass the course then he should just pay trans john terry to take it for him.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Jose posted:

I don't understand what footballers earning a lot of money during their playing careers has to do with not completing the entire coaching course. Is he implying they ought to be bribing the licensing board to become coaches?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shoren posted:

I don't understand what footballers earning a lot of money during their playing careers has to do with not completing the entire coaching course. Is he implying they ought to be bribing the licensing board to become coaches?

Well when you're a racist brave leader legend captain type, you already know the ins and outs of player relationships, playing away from home, scouting for new talent, stadium tours, etc.

The question should be why aren't UEFA begging him to accept their badges as a bestowed gift?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Is he saying they've earned a lot of money for the leagues/FA and should be given special treatment? That makes a little more sense but is still stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Geoff: "A winnable game coming up Lord Terry, would you say 3 points?"

BBEBLLLC JT: "I'm not falling for that one again Geoff *laughs* my first point I'd like to make would be..."

• Locked thread