Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Is this the Arsenal Fan TV thread?

Robbie's going to start a Revolution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f7WXB9QxOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Montasque posted:

Is this the Arsenal Fan TV thread?

Robbie's going to start a Revolution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f7WXB9QxOM

I like this guy, he's a chill beacon in an ocean of impotent fury and posturing, and he was also great in ghost dog.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Allegri is neither confirming nor denying he's in advanced talks to manage Arsenal next season

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
arsenal should hire aitor karanka imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

NTRabbit posted:

Allegri is neither confirming nor denying he's in advanced talks to manage Arsenal next season

That should help in his negotiations with whichever club is actually trying to hire him.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

sassassin posted:

That should help in his negotiations with whichever club is actually trying to hire him.

I would've thought the offer from Man City was already pretty high, does it need to be pushed higher?

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/ManUnitedTalk/status/811256681329991680

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

I enjoyed this

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I like how the ManU fans don't take themselves too seriously despite being behind Arsenal consistently for the past few seasons.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Port Vale's chairman has been tweeting Freddy Adu asking if he wants to play for them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Meat Wagon posted:

Port Vale's chairman has been tweeting Freddy Adu asking if he wants to play for them.

Well it worked for Lyon and Alex Morgan, I guess this how to sign Americans

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Every time Freddy Adu is mentioned, I look him up and lol at his "age." He's currently "27 years old."

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Wenger told the Arsenal fans that they need to be more like Spurs fans

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

straight up brolic posted:

Wenger told the Arsenal fans that they need to be more like Spurs fans

EC10: "Way ahead of you Arsene"

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Some MP's passed a motion of "no confiidence" in the FA.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38920489

quote:

The [Culture, Media and Sport (CMS) Select] committee has published two reports since 2010 recommending greater representation at the FA for fans and the grassroots game, as well as more diversity in positions of authority. It also wants to dilute the perceived dominance of the Premier League.

Do you real fans who actually live in that country have any thoughts on whether this will change anything? And how exactly would the FA rein in the Premier League?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Brony Car posted:

Some MP's passed a motion of "no confiidence" in the FA.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38920489

Do you real fans who actually live in that country have any thoughts on whether this will change anything? And how exactly would the FA rein in the Premier League?

This sums it up about as well as you will find https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/08/fa-reform-culture-media-sport-committee-parliament

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

marina hyde has a loving weird job

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Spangly A posted:

marina hyde has a loving weird job

imagine just sitting at a desk every day and typing out the words "football is dead" over and over again

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

lmbo

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

In "wait, they didn't do that already?" news, Liverpool have banned the Sun from Anfield.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Liverpool are melting down and its glorious

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'm ok with that as long as slipping and calling people Negrito is still allowed

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
although Spurs have not beaten the 'poo in five years, I Have Faith (in the one true God)

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

EvilHawk posted:

In "wait, they didn't do that already?" news, Liverpool have banned the Sun from Anfield.
shame, indoor football just isn't the same

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

MrBling posted:

Djibril Cissé has re-retired after failing to get a contract at age 35. He is now going to focus on his DJ'ing career. I really want his stagename to be DJ Ibril.

RIP Djibril, you had your moments but you'll always be The Wrong Cisse to me.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Moktaro posted:

RIP Djibril, you had your moments but you'll always be The Wrong Cisse to me.

He was class, with shins of glass.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Shrapnig posted:

He was class, with shins of glass.

True, but when Papiss was doing poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUPsWFVryug

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Moktaro posted:

True, but when Papiss was doing poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUPsWFVryug

Djibril Cisse was probably five times the footballer that Papiss Cisse is or was. I think he's loving around in China now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I already forgot who Papiss Cisse is. Big Djibril is a legend.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

I already forgot who Papiss Cisse is.

Same. Apparently he's playing in China and scoring a conservative number of goals.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Pulis left a voicemail for Shawcross calling him a loser after last weekend's match.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Oh this is just great.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
qoute this post when boro make evertonians cry.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's crazy that lukaku is nearly evertons top premier league scorer

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

It's crazy that lukaku is nearly evertons top premier league scorer

Is it?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

As in, all-time cumulative top scorer since football began in 1992, because Everton are a crippled shell of a football club

He has 59 goals and Duncan Ferguson has 60

Probably never challenged Jimmy Bullard to a fight in the tunnel, though

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That and he is only 23 and it's his 4th season

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
It's amazing a top four club haven't paid all the money for him yet. I know Chelsea are cruising to a title for example, but costa isn't getting younger so he would be great in the long term for them.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah, Chelsea should look into this Lukaku lad but they'd probably just end up sending him out on loan a couple times before selling him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Yeah I don't get what making lots of money has to do with it and I think Terry's wrong.

But like 99% of professional athletes greatly overestimate their abilities to do other things like manage a team, run a business, run a charity, put out an album, say racist things, etc.

Edit: I'm biased but I think Terry and Lampard are likely to be pretty good managers. Both are well liked by their teammates, train really hard, read the game really well, worked under some of the best managers in the game, and both made the best of their limited athletic ability.

It's really rare for great players to become great managers though. Off the top of my head I can only think of Cruyff and Beckenbauer, and their managerial careers had more to do with being given the reins of teams that were already world beaters, and none had any kind of longevity.

Just going on Premiership winners you've got:

Fergie: Lower-league striker, flamed out spectacularly in his season at Rangers
Dalglish: drat good player, fluked to a Prem win by inheriting Shearer and Sutton at Blackburn. Okay he didn't do bad at Liverpool in the old League days but again inherited the greatest team in the world and left them as the Liverpool we know and laugh at today.
Wenger: Semi-pro for most of his career
Mourinho: Lower-league bench-warmer and school coach
Ancelotti: Not a bad player, but by no means great - an Italian Mark Noble.
Pellegrini: So crap at football he became a civil engineer.

I've always assumed that truly great players understand the game at such an innate level it's impossible for them to explain it to others. Like Pele couldn't really teach someone to play like Pele any more than I could teach someone to shitpost, it's just something that comes completely naturally, whereas a chainsmoking midfielder with legs like Gandhi would have to think really hard about every single thing he was doing on the pitch just to get a game.

• Locked thread