Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

exploded mummy posted:

new plan: let TNA promote the GFW champions as the TNA champs

Are the Bollywood Boys still GFW Tag Champs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Chances are Anthem are just trying to quietly pillage TNA and don't particularly care about it succeeding. They're still dumb cuz they need poo poo worth buying.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That's only a baller move if the other party needs you more than you need them: AKA the opposite of Anthem's situation with the Hardys.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Dr. Dirt posted:

They've been on NXT/205 Live very recently, gonna guess no.

Wikipedia confirms: tag titles are vacant.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dr. Dirt posted:

:thejoke:

skaboomizzy posted:

They've been on NXT/205 Live very recently, gonna guess no.

Wikipedia confirms: tag titles are vacant.

or it would have been if I didn't realize that happened :smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Have they been on wwe at all since they ruined the opening of 205 live by being themselves?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sounds like he's out to me:

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/836375652144136192

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/836376090998341632

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sportsgenius86 posted:

Have they been on wwe at all since they ruined the opening of 205 live by being themselves?

I think they were semi recently murdered by AoP on nxt

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
The best part of all this is that Jarrett came back just in time to be hoist by his own petard. Having pissed off Jeff Hardy, now Jarrett's got a titleholder with an expired contract that will be extorting him for the belt.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
The Don West insane deals are back:

5 shirts for $20
The Jarrett Guitar for $80 (now personally autographed maybe? was it this way before)
Jeff Hardy Louisville Slugger + ball cap for $30
4 hats for $25
30 8x10 pictures for $10
10 random banners for $25
5 DVDs and 2 shirts + 3 random bonus items for $20

http://shoptna.com/Insane-Deals.aspx

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is TNA actually managing to treat its workers worse than WWE? Because that's impressive.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is TNA actually managing to treat its workers worse than WWE? Because that's impressive.

I think Anthem is considering this from the perspective that everything in its current state should be labeled toxic assets and the goal is to slash expenses to the bone before they relocate to Canada and reboot the whole thing.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TNA Discussion for March is Dead 2.0 (Not about Regal)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Martian Buddy posted:

Until TNA try to copyright the whole Broken gimmick to prevent the Hardys from using it anywhere else I don't think anyone else has an argument for a company being worse than AAA right now.

I would love to see TNA creative's take on the whole broken stuff.

It really only worked because of the hardy's hillbilly insanity/goofiness/glee at being able to play in their backyard. You take that away from it and you will get a TNA angle. Which, as has been proven time and again, nobody wants.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CubsWoo posted:

The Don West insane deals are back:

5 shirts for $20
The Jarrett Guitar for $80 (now personally autographed maybe? was it this way before)
Jeff Hardy Louisville Slugger + ball cap for $30
4 hats for $25
30 8x10 pictures for $10
10 random banners for $25
5 DVDs and 2 shirts + 3 random bonus items for $20

http://shoptna.com/Insane-Deals.aspx

It wasn't autographed before.

I bought the 8x10 brown bag. Don West, don't let me down.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think Jarrett's autograph was laser etched into the guitar before.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

It wasn't autographed before.

I bought the 8x10 brown bag. Don West, don't let me down.

youll have more of an actual roster than tna itself does

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Heard they were looking to cut pay 30% on top of the per taping thing.

So let's say you work for $100 per episode. So if you worked two episodes in a day under the Dixie regime you'd get $200 for that day.

Now you'd just $70 for that day. And realistically you are working the second episode free. AND the odd Xplosion match.

Just wow.

CubsWoo posted:

The insane deals are back

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahaha

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL holy loving poo poo how obtuse and willfully stupid can you be. yes what a badass, taking a poo poo on the guys who are the only loving reason anyone cared about your garbage-tier promotion the last year or so.

TNA was stupid for letting Galloway walk but they were plain brain-damaged killing the golden goose that was Matt Hardy, jesus christ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

LOL holy loving poo poo how obtuse and willfully stupid can you be. yes what a badass, taking a poo poo on the guys who are the only loving reason anyone cared about your garbage-tier promotion the last year or so.

TNA was stupid for letting Galloway walk but they were plain brain-damaged killing the golden goose that was Matt Hardy, jesus christ

Welcome to TNAMecca

Other things they've said TNA was better off for leaving behind: Spike TV, Destination America, Dixie Carter, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I actually dont think that TNA is stupid on this one. They are worthless and they are trying to keep the cost down so maybe in the future make some money of this trashcan of a company.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

I actually dont think that TNA is stupid on this one. They are worthless and they are trying to keep the cost down so maybe in the future make some money of this trashcan of a company.

they probably still could have kept their two most popular guys amicably but their badass mothafucka employees were too lamebrained to act like decent human beings.

I wonder what the sales of the brown bag special have been.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

there is absolutely no chance TNA can be profitable at this point. At the very best they can slow down how much money they're hemorrhaging

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

DJExile posted:

there is absolutely no chance TNA can be profitable at this point. At the very best they can slow down how much money they're hemorrhaging

Only three things will survive a nuclear holocaust - roaches, Twinkies, and TNA Wrestling.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine Eli Drake calling a mutant cockroach "dummy" -- forever.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I considered the five shirts for $20 deal, then I looked at the shirts they have for sale and thought better of it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
BRAM will carry this company into the future. His contract has been extended until the heat death of the universe.

neonbregna posted:

Does the medical include a urine test?
If he lands the part-timer deal a few guys have, it won't matter. Weed's just a fine in WWE now but that doesn't cover the cornucopia of whatever other :catdrugs: Jeff takes.

sportsgenius86 posted:

They're NXT now because WWE agreed with the entire rest of the world that they needed some extra polish at the Performance Center.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Martian Buddy posted:

Only three things will survive a nuclear holocaust - roaches, Twinkies, and TNA Wrestling.

Yeah this is the amazing thing with TNA, they're never going to stop losing money but by god they somehow keep finding just enough to keep going. it's like being in a coma the patient will never recover from

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Letting the only act that was garnering any interest toward your brand go and not giving a gently caress when they do is certainly a great business move and will in no way backfire

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It's been a while since I've made a dumb comics/wrestling comparison post, so here it goes:

Back in the 80's, the Justice League sucked so much that big names like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern left. Then shortly after, B-listers like Aquaman, Zatanna and Elongated Man peaced out. The whole team was a sad shadow of its former self.

So that's what TNA makes me think of now. Martian Manhunter and four lame no-names sulking in a Detroit warehouse.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

It's been a while since I've made a dumb comics/wrestling comparison post, so here it goes:

Back in the 80's, the Justice League sucked so much that big names like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern left. Then shortly after, B-listers like Aquaman, Zatanna and Elongated Man peaced out. The whole team was a sad shadow of its former self.

So that's what TNA makes me think of now. Martian Manhunter and four lame no-names sulking in a Detroit warehouse.

I think Martian Manhunter deserves better than being compared to TNA, but otherwise apt

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

TNA is Justice League Antarctica. Any day now they'll be eaten by killer penguins and no one will really care

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TNA is an Asylum Films version of WWE.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
TNA is the XFL of wrestling.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Sotar posted:

TNA is the XFL of wrestling.

TNA is still in business

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think Martian Manhunter deserves better than being compared to TNA, but otherwise apt

Martian Manhunter is Bobby Lashley. Powerful bald guy who's kind of a big name, but will never really be an A-lister.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martian Buddy posted:

TNA is still in business

XFL knew when to quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Donavon Dijak is TNA bound.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QOGeWSCa5Jo&feature=youtu.be