Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Goldust was probably the last instance of that kind of gimmick actually working fairly well, right?

Anyone trying that gimmick in 2017 though - lol.

If you mean just general gay panic poo poo the WWE has been up to that until extremely recently.

If you're just talking the slightly feminine arrogant pretty boy, I mean, Tyler Breeze is probably the closest you can come to that these days without being outwardly offensively homophobic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Progress is a lie and how bad they will get is subject to the whims of Vince.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If you mean just general gay panic poo poo the WWE has been up to that until extremely recently.

If you're just talking the slightly feminine arrogant pretty boy, I mean, Tyler Breeze is probably the closest you can come to that these days without being outwardly offensively homophobic.

Also Fandango, which makes (a) Breezango (b) the fashion police gimmick so much better than anything Aron Rex or whoever could come up with

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Goldust was probably the last instance of that kind of gimmick actually working fairly well, right?

Anyone trying that gimmick in 2017 though - lol.

Well there was Billy and Chuck, where WWE booked themselves into a corner by saying they were going to get married and having GLAAD come out and be all in favor of it publicly, only to have the two say it was a publicity stunt.

Bischoff being the pastor was a neat swerve but it was a case of WWE not knowing where they were going with an angle and running to the edge of a cliff.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

That angle was abominable but that mask Bischoff had and the way he pulled it off was awesome. Legitimately like something out of Mission Impossible.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah that whole angle was loving embarrassing beyond belief and Bischoff actually saved the thing at the last moment.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Russo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my loving god

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
reminder

https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/829506596648677378

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 10, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TNA is Nietzsche's eternal recurrence played-out in real-time and it's loving beautiful.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Russo at least write fun trainwrecks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I genuinely can't say more and I'd like to think I've built up credibility here. But give me/it a month.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

I genuinely can't say more and I'd like to think I've built up credibility here. But give me/it a month.

No you dont. If Russo isnt writing for TNA again im going to give you a Stone Cold Stunner.

BOOYAH!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I just

oh my loving god

this is the thing that broke me. I can take the company being a cockroach and surviving everything, but them always coming back to Russo at every loving turn is just baffling

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

even TNA should have more self-respect.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just when I was going to start unironically saying TNA is less alt-right than WWE.

Well, I guess they still are but it is closer!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Russo will only be a consultant turned head writer after 3 months, so please calm down

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
MAGA stable, when??

P.S: Give them loaded MAGA hats that they use to K.O. their opponents!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Numero6 posted:

MAGA stable, when??

P.S: Give them loaded MAGA hats that they use to K.O. their opponents!

the actual MAGA stable is Taya/Mundo/Cage when they wrestle in AAA

given that AAA and TNA have some sort of working agreement this is very possible if LU which also hired Pro Trump announcer Matt Striker, goes out of business that we get them in TNA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Serious question here: If the Hardys do the smart thing and stay the gently caress away from TNA with their contracts expired, would they still have the freedom to do their Broken storyline on the indies or Youtube, or does TNA have the rights to "Broken Matt" and "Brother Nero" and whatnot?

I can't see them coming back with Jeff Jarrett holding the book again, but I at least want them to keep doing their thing. Please don't take this away from me. :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wait AAA still has ties to TNA? I thought Konnan kiboshed that.

E: I'm not surprised if Russo is in the mix. He and JJ must have read the bible together awesomely once or something.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Serious question here: If the Hardys do the smart thing and stay the gently caress away from TNA with their contracts expired, would they still have the freedom to do their Broken storyline on the indies or Youtube, or does TNA have the rights to "Broken Matt" and "Brother Nero" and whatnot?

I can't see them coming back with Jeff Jarrett holding the book again, but I at least want them to keep doing their thing. Please don't take this away from me. :(

They still have freedom, basically the only way that gets hosed with is if they go to WWE because that's the only chance they get of having stuff scripted for them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

thread title more relevant than ever

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Chris James 2 posted:

They still have freedom, basically the only way that gets hosed with is if they go to WWE because that's the only chance they get of having stuff scripted for them

I'd be genuinely shocked if they did, considering the whole Broken storyline is literally Matt and Jeff just doing whatever random poo poo they can off the top of their heads, and that poo poo ain't gonna fly in the WWE.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

TNA and AAA haven't had a working agreement outside of that lucha world cup show. TNA is apparently setting up a working agreement with konnan's new promotion The Crash which is the one that uses the hardys and the good former AAA guys (fenix pentagon daga)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

honestly an alliance between crash/TNA/NOAH/world of sport to counter the roh/new japan/revpro/cmll alliance and the fed would be neat just because we might get some new matches, but the crash guys being barred from tv because of the lucha underground bullshit fucks that up a fair amount

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

coconono posted:

wait AAA still has ties to TNA? I thought Konnan kiboshed that.

E: I'm not surprised if Russo is in the mix. He and JJ must have read the bible together awesomely once or something.

JJ and Russo are legitimately best buddies.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Honestly, at this point, Russo gonzo booking us the only thing that could give this company a bump.

It's a bad bet with limited payoff and has the potential to anger a lot of people, but that's also been their business model for years.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I dunno if Russo can do anything to improve Eli Drake's gimmick of calling everyone DUMMY, that's pretty high-level stuff.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Can't wait to see how Russo books ARON REX. Will probably include a lot of gay bashing.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

I dunno if Russo can do anything to improve Eli Drake's gimmick of calling everyone DUMMY, that's pretty high-level stuff.

YEAH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Yo if Russo isn't back in some form in TNA in a month then you eat a one week probation.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I think Impact Wrestling putting on good matches would at least get people to try and catch a few matches. Literally no one has talked about a TNA match in this thread for months.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Yo if Russo isn't back in some form in TNA in a month then you eat a one week probation.

Russo's going to return a day after rovert gets probated. SWERVE.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Russo's going to return a day after rovert gets probated. SWERVE.

:vince:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yikes. I am honestly not guaranteeing anything just there's a significant circumstance that makes me think something is up.

The last time Russo was involved with TNA it was deeply kayfabed and was revealed by fluke when he emailed Mike Johnson. People for months saw his fingerprints on the product but couldn't confirm.

I really don't want to take you up on this. Will delete my original post if you want. I am just saying Russo is on the radar.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

rovert posted:

Yikes. I am honestly not guaranteeing anything just there's a significant circumstance that makes me think something is up.

The last time Russo was involved with TNA it was deeply kayfabed and was revealed by fluke when he emailed Mike Johnson. People for months saw his fingerprints on the product but couldn't confirm.

I really don't want to take you up on this. Will delete my original post if you want. I am just saying Russo is on the radar.

He warned you man.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He warned you man.

He did but Russo's involvement in the company has been difficult to prove since the foundation of the company on.

I am just saying there's something going on that has made people think something is up in regards to Russo. The dude is a narcissistic nutcase, bro. It may fall through. Time will tell if it is true.

rovert fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 10, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nope you get a month, after that if there's no Russo you get a probation. Simple as that.

You've been warned and like I said last time, you make plenty of posts that are informative or fun and there's no need to make these "I know something but can't say what it is" posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Finally this thread got good again.

• Locked thread