Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TTBF posted:

Did TNA let them leave with the tag titles?

Of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drug convictions for trafficking restrict him from entrance in the UK. He can leave the US, but not to there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my loving god

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I genuinely can't say more and I'd like to think I've built up credibility here. But give me/it a month.

I just

oh my loving god

this is the thing that broke me. I can take the company being a cockroach and surviving everything, but them always coming back to Russo at every loving turn is just baffling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Serious question here: If the Hardys do the smart thing and stay the gently caress away from TNA with their contracts expired, would they still have the freedom to do their Broken storyline on the indies or Youtube, or does TNA have the rights to "Broken Matt" and "Brother Nero" and whatnot?

I can't see them coming back with Jeff Jarrett holding the book again, but I at least want them to keep doing their thing. Please don't take this away from me. :(

They still have freedom, basically the only way that gets hosed with is if they go to WWE because that's the only chance they get of having stuff scripted for them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rovert did nothing wrong

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's just a goddamn probation, it's not like he's not cutting your loving hands off

A week is longer than 6 hours, it's fair for him to be upset

Jerusalem posted:

I believe James Storm left NXT to return to TNA and do a run with Beer Money... at which point Bobby Roode left TNA to go to NXT :allears:

It was not only same month that he left NXT, I believe it was within a week or two. It was hilarious to follow at the time. He left, Roode and Eric Young joined.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Martian Buddy posted:

Are they still doing that thing where they tape a month in advance?

Usually 2 months in advance. Stuff taped in the first week or two of January airs throughout this month into next month, right around when the next tapings will start.

Honestly I'm kinda impressed that there haven't been more injuries. Talent basically working 3-5 times in the span of 72 hours

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aces and Eights went way too long

Main Event Mafia I at least liked that time they beat up Christian because he was leaving the company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Air this instead of Impact
https://twitter.com/ScottSteiner/status/832264740256829440

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jarrett's meeting with ITV apparently to pitch the idea of him taking over creative, which would suggest TNA have an avenue for getting their talent back on UK TV. And not just on some crappy digital channel, but one of the biggest broadcasters in the country.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grado would be the GM

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

In an interview with Newsweek, Jeff Jarrett and Impact Wrestling President Ed Nordholm spoke about trying to rebuild TNA after the recent troubles the promotion has had. Here are highlights:

Jarrett on TNA’s issues under Dixie Carter last year: “It was a black-eye on the industry. It wasn’t fruitful for anyone—whether you’re a fan of, a wrestler, an employee. It was a really ugly, unfortunate situation. It wasn’t good for the industry.”

Nordholm on Dixie Carter’s not being involved going forward: “The buck has to stop someplace. The reality is the company got into a dire position and she was CEO. There was never any question [she wouldn’t be involved in the day-to-day operations], but not out of any particular animosity. If we’re going to invest…we’re owner-operators, we’re not passive investors. If we’re going to own it, we’re going to own it.”

lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Was Josh Mathews always such a little poo poo or is this a new thing for him? He just seems to angry and defensive all the time.

Pre-TNA nobody ever even paid attention to him, so it's hard to say

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I distinctly remember it even after all this time. It was early on, Jarrett was the champ and they were trying to establish him as a HHH/Cena/Reigns-type face overcoming the odds to Herculean extents, and Raven was trying to fulfill his destiny while also being in a stable and I think Russo was there?

I don't share the hatred for that match though because the time Raven finally became champ in a KOTM match, and then lost the belt on a house show with no build to Jarrett a month later so Jeff could hold the belt for the Spike TV debut, pissed me off far far far more than that ever could have

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/835089985195880448

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Honestly can't believe Dixie leaving made TNA worse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stonk:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How do you do something so stupid Jeff Hardy immediately loses interest :stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

Are Lee and Everett still together?

I think they broke up too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apparently they don't have a no compete clause and could appear elsewhere as early as next week

But nobody's sure who owns Broken and both sides say they control that character

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

Lol Karen is going to be the new on screen female authority they assault and put through a table for ratings

Jeff would have her put someone through a table

Congrats Aron Rex

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I thought they already expired.

Hardys deals end this week. Galloway is the only one already gone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Heard they were looking to cut pay 30% on top of the per taping thing.

So let's say you work for $100 per episode. So if you worked two episodes in a day under the Dixie regime you'd get $200 for that day.

Now you'd just $70 for that day. And realistically you are working the second episode free. AND the odd Xplosion match.

Just wow.

What incentive does a person have to re-sign? At this point it can't just be TV exposure

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

LOL holy loving poo poo how obtuse and willfully stupid can you be. yes what a badass, taking a poo poo on the guys who are the only loving reason anyone cared about your garbage-tier promotion the last year or so.

TNA was stupid for letting Galloway walk but they were plain brain-damaged killing the golden goose that was Matt Hardy, jesus christ

Welcome to TNAMecca

Other things they've said TNA was better off for leaving behind: Spike TV, Destination America, Dixie Carter, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Didn't they just re-sign?

Per appearance. Deals expired in 2016, they stuck around for the Jan/Feb episode tapings. Company hoped they could get them long-term, now they're not getting them period.

5 departures this week alone. Still only Tuesday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

I thought Maria did an interview where she talked about going to Full Sail to learn production stuff.

That was shortly after the Corgan lawsuit decision where she said she was leaving wrestling sooner than later, so I don't know why anyone would have taken that to mean "WWE-bound"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine if Lashley were next

• Locked thread