Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Regardless of how you feel about her, this was absolutely not a healthy posting environment for WickedHate and honestly I think it wasn't a good thing they kept coming back for further abuse, justified or no. That's about my sum feeling on the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also I'm pretty sure half of what she posted were lies.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbh i always felt uncomfortable with wh here cuz she's obviously a terrible person but in the time that ive been here shes posted more or less like a normal person so there wasnt anything to do

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endorph posted:

frankly it's kind of disgusting that you dont' give the mentally ill the dignity of responsibility for their own actions

gently caress off with this concern trolling poo poo. Just because I can have empathy for people doesn't mean I am "robbing them of dignity".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hm. She was always a bit off, but at least in her most recent stint here, she seemed like she was trying to be a better poster. I don't read any of the other forums she posted in, though, so maybe she was still being creepy and weird even by ADTRW standards.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

Hm. She was always a bit off, but at least in her most recent stint here, she seemed like she was trying to be a better poster. I don't read any of the other forums she posted in, though, so maybe she was still being creepy and weird even by ADTRW standards.

This is my experience with WickedHate too, like she would post some crap about never reading Watchmen and just having seen the movie and we'd get annoyed but nothing to ban someone over. Then she'd be on probation and I'd click the link to find some thread in some other forum I'd never heard of and just be like :stare: at the poo poo she posts elsewhere

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

purple death ray posted:

This is my experience with WickedHate too, like she would post some crap about never reading Watchmen and just having seen the movie and we'd get annoyed but nothing to ban someone over. Then she'd be on probation and I'd click the link to find some thread in some other forum I'd never heard of and just be like :stare: at the poo poo she posts elsewhere

Actually you'll find that she posted a full years' worth of bannable posts in the TMT but nobody wanted to pull the trigger cause mods were afraid she would kill herself if they did it, so instead TMT went into a full meltdown twice a week over her terrible posts

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I'll just throw out something happier in an attempt to correct the downward spiral: Lasagna Cat is back and apparently there are at least two extra channels and two websites worth of extra jokes that people have found so far. Plus it's just incredibly silly.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

WickedHate posted:

Hey so I don't mean to be dramatic but I'm gonna take a break from posting for awhile. IDK if I really wanna come back but rn I'm just not in a good headspace for all the poo poo I've got with SA and it just freaks me out and makes me uncomfortable.

So, bit of a vacation, gonna clear my head, decide later. Take care yall.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I didn't really get why people were so hard on WickedHate over every little thing, and then they defended fascism in the Discord server.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She absolutely is mentally ill but I too have to agree that a banning probably isn't bad for her. I really do feel sorry for the kid sometimes but yeah, some of the stuff she would post was very off putting.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WickedHate was really bad and it's good that she's gone. But this thread is not for that. Move on people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

WickedHate was really bad and it's good that she's gone. But this thread is not for that. Move on people.

I just sent you a PM about some stuff.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Soooooooooooo yeah....comic books....new ones came out yesterday....good stuff, right?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

pubic works project posted:

Soooooooooooo yeah....comic books....new ones came out yesterday....good stuff, right?
I fell asleep after reading only Jughead and Batman Beyond, but Batman Beyond's ending pissed me off. The Joker still being alive is god damned stupid, don't do that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I keep wanting to drop Batgirl but there is always a hook in every issue that makes me stay on for one more issue. It's annoying.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

pubic works project posted:

I haven't read a "new" comic in about three years, but I recently discovered that the 70s Marvel "Monster of Frankenstein" comic was way, way better than it had any right to be.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Pastry of the Year posted:

I haven't read a "new" comic in about three years, but I recently discovered that the 70s Marvel "Monster of Frankenstein" comic was way, way better than it had any right to be.

I love Tomb of Dracula. Or Werewolf by Night. Both great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Frankenstein book was ok but it pales in comparison to Tomb of Dracula.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I fell asleep after reading only Jughead and Batman Beyond, but Batman Beyond's ending pissed me off. The Joker still being alive is god damned stupid, don't do that.

That is the one thing that would forever murder any interest I had in a BB book.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq1IFUlV8s

hmmm

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I love those guys, they're living the dream.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Astro City's 100th issue came out, and was of course great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I love that even these dudes can't get the claws to not look like cheap rubber.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

joehonkie posted:

I love Tomb of Dracula. Or Werewolf by Night. Both great.

Oh yeah, Tomb of Dracula is outstanding once it starts firing on all cylinders, which doesn't take very long at all. I only read the Frankenstein comic because I'm trying to read every Marvel in story order, using the CMRO, and I didn't have high expectations for it at all. So it was a really pleasant surprise. And yeah, between Werewolf, Frankenstein, and (one of my all-time favorites) Man-Thing, I wish Mike Ploog had stuck around longer.

The Dracula stuff in the black-and-white magazines is pretty hit or miss, but at least I'm reading some Steve Gerber I hadn't known existed.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

CapnAndy posted:

I fell asleep after reading only Jughead and Batman Beyond,

For a second I thought this was one book and got all kinds of excited.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Click here to get mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8MwmBlTBtI

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pfft, I don't need your help to get mad at stuff on the internet

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah that game looked pretty bad.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I rather enjoyed D_T not having an avatar :/

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh cool anime pedo poo poo.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bill Paxton no. :smith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

61 is bullshit young to die.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Bill Paxton no. :smith:

Ugh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I rather enjoyed D_T not having an avatar :/

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh cool anime pedo poo poo.

As if anything is a surprise. I will never understand how this shitheel hasn't been permabanned when he is ten times as bad of a poster as WickedHate was.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I didn't get to see his avatar before somebody bought him another one

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

As if anything is a surprise. I will never understand how this shitheel hasn't been permabanned when he is ten times as bad of a poster as WickedHate was.

Woah there. It's not his fault Guy Gardner is becoming Warrior again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Woah there. It's not his fault Guy Gardner is becoming Warrior again.

DO NOT BESMIRCH THE WARRIOR.

I was more excited to see the Girl-Magnet jacket.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Could Marvel publish Indiana Jones comics or republish the old Dark Horse ones? The relevant copyrights would have transferred across with Lucasfilm, after all. That might be interesting, though I'm not sure who'd be good at writing them.

I remember James Luceno once told a story about how when he wrote a tie-in novel for The Young Indiana Jones Adventures he was required to present whichever company was publishing it with written records of his research into its First World War setting to ensure its accuracy!

I'm actually watching The Young Indiana Jones Adventures now. It's pretty good.

Did you guys know that Indiana Jones's mum once almost eloped with Giacomo Puccini? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The *copyrights* transfer, but not the *licenses*. If no one holds the comic publishing licensing rights at the moment, then yes, Marvel could reprint those, just like they are currently reprinting Dark Horse Star Wars comics.

• Locked thread