Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
i want Amalgam comics back just because they really dropped the ball on using Bruce Wayne as their SHIELD character instead of Diana Prince, using the old white uniform kung fu spy set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I managed to get a job interview at Legoland this Friday. Here's hoping I get the job.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Make sure you see Lego Batman before you go.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

I managed to get a job interview at Legoland this Friday. Here's hoping I get the job.

Just remember the plural of Lego is Legolas! That'll be on the quiz!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

No, Legolas is what they call a woman employee.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Lego Lass is my favorite Legion of Superheroes character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Lego Lass is my favorite Legion of Superheroes character.

Having the ability to disrupt anyone's ability to walk would be a major advantage for the LOSH.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm catching up on Saga and as a trans girl I really, really appreciate that it's featuring a trans girl who catches all kinds of bullshit from people. Normally in fantasy/sci-fi queer people have their queerness alluded to and no one gives a poo poo, and I didn't realize until now that it bothers me.

On the other hand this was really funny:

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 8, 2017

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
No helmet/fauxhawk, no sale. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sentinel Red posted:

No helmet/fauxhawk, no sale. :colbert:

But which one is the evil one?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It is a good lookin uniform I'll give it that

Rhyno posted:

But which one is the evil one?

They're representing America so both

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I like what the MCU is doing with the captain

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Chris Evans should punch David Duke.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He said that things Duke thinks are right are wrong, not necessarily the opposite. Point Cap.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

I'd pay $9.50 to see that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

WickedHate posted:

I wish they would offer Duke a cameo in the next Captain America movie.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's weird, because traditionally The Wizard is Fantastic Four villain.

wait a minute

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Maybe Marvel still owns the rights to Fing Fang Foom. He's a pretty grand dragon if I say so myself.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
What are the odds of Marvel doing a deluxe hardcover collecting the recent Vision run?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Soonmot posted:

What are the odds of Marvel doing a deluxe hardcover collecting the recent Vision run?

Pretty high I'd say. Doesn't everything get a trade of some kind these days? Recent Vision is like, Eisner material, people couldn't stop raving about it, Marvel would be pretty fuckdumb to avoid it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been re-reading Hitman and it dawned on me that Maggie Lorenzo's son would be almost 16. I wonder if Ennis has any follow ups planned.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

redbackground posted:

nah, it's "legos brick"

e: "legopode" is also acceptable

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I'd pay $9.50 to see that.

I'd pay 15 or whatever for the 3d Imax presentation.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

I'd pay 15 or whatever for the 3d Imax presentation.

I would just wait for virtual reality to get to the point where it makes me feel like I am there in person.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Madkal posted:

I would just wait for virtual reality to get to the point where it makes me feel like I am there in person.

gently caress it, let's do it live! You'd pull in more than Hamilton!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

John wick 2 is a good movie. Go see it so we can get the third movie!

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Is it better or worse than the first?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Starsnostars posted:

Is it better or worse than the first?

Little less action but it was good and fleshed out the world.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's a different beast to the first one but it does what all good sequels should do: be bigger and crazier than the original movie.
Seriously John Wick is pretty much a superhero movie done right and if you like action movies that don't pretend to be more than that check out the sequel.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

John wick 2 is a good movie. Go see it so we can get the third movie!

A third has already been green lit. When they green lit the second they approved the third as it was meant to be a trilogy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

RevKrule posted:

A third has already been green lit. When they green lit the second they approved the third as it was meant to be a trilogy.

Without giving away any details the movie definitely sets up for a third movie. That being said, just because a movie sets up for another that isn't any guarantee that another movie will be made (just look at Green Lantern for instance). That being said, I would be very surprised if a third John Wick didn't come out. Reeves seems to love the character and doing the movie and the movies definitely have a strong following.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

Without giving away any details the movie definitely sets up for a third movie. That being said, just because a movie sets up for another that isn't any guarantee that another movie will be made (just look at Green Lantern for instance). That being said, I would be very surprised if a third John Wick didn't come out. Reeves seems to love the character and doing the movie and the movies definitely have a strong following.

The 2nd is projected to make twice as much as the first did opening weekend. The third is definitely happening. 😃

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just watched the first John Wick. Jesus gently caress, why didn't I watch this sooner?

Say anything about Keanu Reeves. Give him a gun, and you have action movie nirvana.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of me over the last month as I've gone through the worst time in my life. It has been noticed and appreciated.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of me over the last month as I've gone through the worst time in my life. It has been noticed and appreciated.

This is a happy dog. He wants you to be happy. When you are feeling down think about the happy dog wanting you to be happy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That dog just wants Rhyno's pork chop.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

So fuckin playable swamp thing in injustice 2 is pretty out of left field

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, I got the job at Legoland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Roth posted:

Well, I got the job at Legoland
So do they call female employees Lego lasses or not

• Locked thread