Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

LEGO Lass is also the plural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Well, I got the job at Legoland

Congrats. Don't bump into anything.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

Can you drop any scoops about new Star wars stuff before the official announcements?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There will be Lego sets based on the new movie this year!

Don't tell anyone, this is more classified than anything Rhyno posts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Roth posted:

smash something, you know you want to. No accident poo poo either, just Godzilla smash one display.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Invite Scott Snyder along. He's always posting trips with his kids on Twitter. You might get a photo with him raising one eyebrow and pointing at you.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I probably wouldn't even recognize him. I have no idea what pretty much any comic creator looks like besides Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Steve Ditko.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There is no way you don't know what Alan Moore looks like, pal.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lurdiak posted:

???

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

I probably wouldn't even recognize him. I have no idea what pretty much any comic creator looks like besides Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Steve Ditko.

He'll be the one pointing to the Batman stuff going "Eh? Eh?" and his kids will be rolling their eyes.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

Oh, that's right. I know Alan Moore, and also Frank Miller. Most everybody else I can't really put a face to their name.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Roth posted:

How do you know what Ditko looks like?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Because there's pictures of him online?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Roth posted:

Because there's pictures of him online?

Like three of them, and most of them are from the 60s. He is notoriously reclusive.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I suppose it would be more accurate to say that if I saw one of those photos of Steve Ditko I'd recognize it's him.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

List of comic people you should know the look of:

Jim Steranko

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It's kind of weird to think that now there is more than one photograph of Isaac Perlmutter in the wild now.

And all it took was President Donald Trump.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GUYS. Stan Lee is going to be at Awesomecon this year and I'm going to meet Stan Lee.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

GUYS. Stan Lee is going to be at Awesomecon this year and I'm going to meet Stan Lee.

I was pretty worried the main headliner would be Felicia Day. Maybe I can get Stan lee to sign his comic book biography for like 300 bucks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'll pay whatever. It's Stan Lee.

Hopefully it goes better than the Peter Capaldi signing last year. I wasn't in that, but *everyone* I knew who did it was pissed the gently caress off.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

Hopefully it goes better than the Peter Capaldi signing last year. I wasn't in that, but *everyone* I knew who did it was pissed the gently caress off.

What happened?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
All comic book people look like Greg Rucka to me.
Stan Lee is going to be at ECCC this year and I think Todd McFarlane is going to interview him. I hope that image video is brought up where he comments on Todd and Rob drawing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

What happened?
As far as I can tell, they way oversold the number of meet and greet/autograph tickets, so the line was hours long. Capaldi, to his credit, stuck around well past his scheduled time to ensure everyone got their autographs.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Stan was at a con here last year. I paid a few hundred bucks for the photo op (with my family) and to get things signed and it was worth every drat penny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

joehonkie posted:

I was pretty worried the main headliner would be Felicia Day. Maybe I can get Stan lee to sign his comic book biography for like 300 bucks.

Do we live in a world where Felicia Day can headline a convention?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Awesomecon is not a huge con, but even still they tend to bring in bigger names than Felicia Day, so I can't imagine being too worried about that.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I like Felicia Day :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't hate her. But is she really that noteworthy that she could be the main draw at a show?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Rhyno posted:

I don't hate her. But is she really that noteworthy that she could be the main draw at a show?

To be fair, she has acted in both her own internet shows and real TV, and she runs a production company that makes a ton of content aimed at geeks.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea she's a pretty small fish in the grand pantheon of nerd poo poo but she's not exactly an unknown anymore, she's been in a good bit of stuff ranging from video games to internet poo poo to real TV shows and she's the head of a not-insignificant company that makes pretty well received content. She's a good get, obviously not Stan Lee good, but yea if I was running a smaller con like Awesomecon I'd put her on the ads as a big guest for sure.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

She can in the not-too-distant future.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

What do you know, Gavok?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lurdiak posted:

What do you know, Gavok?

I think you missed his reference.

mst3k revival, man

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Clever.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

WickedHate posted:

What happened?

He fell over in the middle of it and turned into Richard Ayoade.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Most everybody else I can't really put a face to their name.
Just alternate between thinking about a bald guy or a guy with a beard and your odds are pretty good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Morrison or Moore principle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

Oh yeah, she is gonna be on that isn't she.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New avatars scare me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

New avatars scare me.

I had Gal Gardner for like a year!