Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/826801911420559365?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

They don't even need the Dems now to approve Cabinet positions. Jesus loving Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

sky shark posted:

Calling everyone you disagree with a Nazi racist xenophobic bigot on the other hand... well that worked swimmingly and totally doesn't lead to you purging everyone who doesn't match ideologically until you start feeding on your own circle for not being pure enough.

Oh its okay, the GOP/Trump are working on that Purity thing as we speak ;)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Torrannor posted:

If you use extreme measures to prevent the GOP from confirming cabinet nominees, it shouldn't come as a surprise when the Republicans retaliate in kind.

EDIT: N/m

But let's not pretend this is some sort of 'Retaliation' rather than a consolidation of power.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

sky shark posted:

I'm sure not being able to probate people who disagree with your terrible & counterfactual opinions is burning you up right now.

BTW, you are 100% part of the reason Trump won, and you failing to learn the lessons from it after some kabuki performance handwringing & mock soulsearching is pretty hilarious to watch.

PS, you don't know what fascism is.

Catering to ignorant asshats isn't going to win the Dems anything worth note.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
To be frank: I don't think reaching across the isle is going to solve anything this time, with a man like Bannon at the helm its just a way for them to get more of what they want, and what they want is reprehensible.

If your friends voted for Trump, they had to outright ignore all the proclamations that he would do EXACTLY what he is doing right now. I don't think claiming that you voted out of the hope for jobs/coal/etc. gives you any leeway in ignoring all the warning signs that were right out there in front.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

sky shark posted:

Edit: I'm hoping this H1B reform goes through too, the double whammy of treating H1Bs like slave labor and using their below market wages to drive down wages for American workers has hosed over our tech base for a long time.

Its not going to do anything but gut state side positions when the H1Bs disappear. Companies are not going to invest more money into something they pay so little for right now.

Its quite literally the equivalent of "Trump will bring back the Jobs", oh, the jobs will come back, but the number of position with be 1/100th of what they were prior due to consolidation and automation.

sky shark posted:

I like the time where I provided a well sourced & cited argument about how certain policies have always been racist and you turned around and took shots at my kids & got called out by multiple posters. The problem isn't people like me. The problem is people like you who, when they get an inkling of power, act as petty tyrants and run off dissenting voices. HTH

You are part of the problem.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Sessions passed committee. Another good day. :unsmith:

Oh cool, a guy who will unquestioningly use force to enforce some of the most reprehensible things possible. Nothing can go wrong.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Number Ten Cocks posted:

:hfive: I have a good feeling about him, too.

*check user post history*

:catstare: gently caress off, racist.

shyduck posted:

I'm really glad I got out

Two more months :smith:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Proud Christian Mom posted:

guys thats the type of person we need to invite and engage with right

I'm sure he'll vote D next year! I was so welcoming!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Torrannor posted:

I don't think the situation is as bad as some here believe. Hillary lost by relatively few votes in the key states. Trump's immigration EO may be popular with about half the electorate, but many who oppose immigration do do for economic reasons. Trump's policies will hurt these very voters, and meeting with union bosses won't help if he passes national right to work legislation. If the Dem candidate is halfway decent, many liberals who stayed home 2016 will be motivated to vote against Trump. I think you will only have to live with him as president for four years.

Trump is the figurehead, Bannon is the problem, and Bannon is already laying landmines that will make a future Democratic presidency both difficult if not extremely unlikely.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Vengarr posted:

Steve "convinced Goldman Sachs to sink 60 million dollars into a World of Warcraft gold farming business which he sat on the board of" Bannon is probably not the master strategist he thinks he is.

Let's hope, but he's largely the motivator behind most of these EOs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Conversely doubling down on gun control was not the best idea for them either.

:shrug: Evidence says it works, and now we get 4-8 Years of people who voted for a single issue and screwed everything else.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

We could address the crippling poverty that is the root of crime, or we could convince minorities that they need to be disarmed, for their own safety. Lets ask our donors and see which one they'd like!

- A 1990s Democrat strategist

Hm, yes, it's almost as if they tried to address the crippling poverty and the GOP has spent 8 years calling social program recipients 'Moochers/Leeches/Welfare Queens'

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Meanwhile, Russian shelling has increased in Ukraine.

That's fine. Its all fine.

VikingSkull posted:

Ok, now explain the prior 40 years of the same issues affecting Democrat run inner cities.

Or call me a racist for even suggesting such a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

poo poo, I forgot all our cities were in the south. Thanks!

:ssh: The Southern Strategy didn't exclusively appeal to Southern cities. Nobody said the North wasn't hosting a bunch of closet racists.

Vengarr posted:

I propose that major long-term solutions for poverty cannot be effected at the city level.

Except for the "kick all the poors and homeless out" maneuver, which worked pretty well for NYC.

Bonus: All the cities passing non-discrimination acts only to have the State legislature finding time between screaming about state's rights to gut cities sovereignty.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

Hmmm, politics, it seems, is best served at the local level. What? Inner cities? Well you see we need the Federal government for that. Goddamned Republicans!

It took the Feds to tell the South to stop lynching people, so, :shrug: Go Feds.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

:siren: DEVOS IS ONE VOTE FROM GOING DOWN :siren:

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/826870458066821121

Current vote tally likely 50-50, as two GOP senators have said they'll vote no and I believe Manchin is also a no. She's on the edge.

DO IT. Get rid of her. Hopefully Falwell goes with her.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

Well, this is the thing that aggravates me. Like, I don't disagree, but then you look at Trump saying he'll send the Feds in to Chicago if they don't clean up their poo poo police force and people start screaming "racism" and "martial law" like that's what he means. Then I look at places like NYC or a nearby city like Newburgh (which has the highest crime rate per capita in NYS) and the solution to all ills is gentrification and this is at the hands of Democrats. That's never racist, though, and I legit have no idea why no one calls it as such.

Racism is not a Republican thing, it's a wedge issue used by elites on both sides, and we need to recognize it as such.

Nobody is doubting that there is racism in the Dems as well, but let's not pretend that Trump is threatening to send the Feds into Chicago because of the racism in the Police force and crime issues. That's not why he's doing it at all.

The difference is while racism still exists in the Dems, its largely offset by overwhelming support for Civil Rights, Voting Rights, and Equality movements. Any racism in the Dems tends to get plowed under and quieted. Whereas the GOP is pretty much full on 'White Privilage Escalation Mode', and is incredibly vocal.

Is the Dems movement for Social Equality just because of Social Justice at heart? No, its largely due to the companies that bankroll them. But its still better than anything the GOP is doing by a mile.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 1, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

If we're ever going to get a viable third party in this country, IMO, this is the path to do it. Something truly grassroots and populist that brings real change to those that need it most.

Electoral College has to die first for Third Party to truly be viable again.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

A state legislature literally asked "how do black people vote?" and then crafted legislation precisely to make that more difficult. Another passed voter IDs and then announced it was closing a bunch of places to get state IDs, which coincidentally were in predominantly black areas. But because someone in Minnesota or wherever was racist obviously its just a wash and the truth is in the middle yada yada

Yeah, that was some hosed up poo poo. Alabama and North Carolina seriously went the extra evil mile.

Oh, don't forget North Carolina calling an Emergency Legislative Session when they realized they were going to lose the Governorship to strip the governor of powers.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 1, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/02/01/trumps-chief-strategist-steve-bannon-no-doubt-the-us-will-be/21704928/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

TL;DR: Bannon believes we will be at war with China in the next few years.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pesticide20 posted:

Bannon will make it happen, just to be right

I don't know what this idiot is thinking going to war with a nuclear state.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
GOP wants to disband the EPA by 2018:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/environmental-protection-agency-bill-drafted-abolish-matt-gaetz-congress-a7556596.html

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Please wait two more month to start a war Bannon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Milo is bad news, and is largely just popping up at Colleges to troll and harass the LGBT population, and has noteably outed quite a few.

He's an evil SOB.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SperginMcBadposter posted:

He's also a breitbart editor and big alt-right(white supremacists) celebrity.

Yup. He's grade A garbage.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SwampDonkey posted:

In Milo's own words he's not a white supremacist based the amount of black dicks that he's sucked.

Its the gay version "I'm not racist, I have black friends"

He's also a self-hating gay who thinks it can be cured.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Reverand maynard posted:

Trump holding up his EOs reminds me of a kid holding up a piece of art he made with macaroni and glue.

Bannon: "Y'know what, I'm so proud of you, this EO is going riiiiiggghttt up on the Fridge."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Not even going to go around with you today Dead Reckoning. Already been down that road.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Jesus loving Christ, I hope UC Berkeley saddles up and calls him on it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
They wouldn't call back up recent discharges would they?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

A Handed Missus posted:

The back and forth between Donnie and Arnold seemed lighthearted to me, but who knows with Trumpy

Meanwhile, in Russia
Russian critic Vladimir Kara-Murza suffers sudden organ failure

Seriously, between the ex KGB guy and this, the sudden onset of arrests, and the FSB sanctions dropping, this is really creepy timing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Countdown to Netanyahu angry tweet.

But who are we kidding, Trump will double back on this in no time.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Trump destroying US/Israeli relations in a twitter pissing match would be amazing

This might be the only good thing, but it won't happen, because Trump is dating the Evangelicals and Bannon won't allow this.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Reverand maynard posted:

You can't have the apocalypse if the jews don't have Israel.

Basically. Trump is not going to stab his primary supporters in the back, and the bulk of the GOP, because they will call for his head, and Bannon won't let him do it because it would place Bannon at risk.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

FastestGunAlive posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-gop-aims-scrap-obama-rule-gun-background-183716364--politics.html

Cancelation of regulations preventing coal mines from dumping into waterways and extended background checks for mentally ill purchasing guns. What could go wrong ?! :yeah:

Don't forget they've removed transparency for Oil/Gas purchases.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Not to mention, its literally the definition of a slippery slope: If we start using tactical nuclear weapons, its inevitable MAD breaks down and ICBMs fly.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Not to mention: The only nuclear ready planes we have right now are the B-2 and B-52. The B-1B had their equipment removed. Sure, they can reinstall them easily, but this is ridiculous.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

F-15E, F-16, F/A-18...

I doubt they have the arming equipment onboard right now.

EDIT: The loving Harrier? LOL.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

We can atleast send the Harriers on one way trips

The Harrier IS the nuke.

• Locked thread