Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kazinsal posted:

This must be how people living with the constant fear of MAD in the 1980s felt :stare:

I sometimes think of how the average person in Europe prior to WWI and WWII was probably sure this madness would all die down sometime, and things would go back to normal.

I'm genuinely certain we're going to declare a state of total war soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FastestGunAlive posted:

I've always found a particular satisfaction in the irony and lack of awareness of those repping the confederate flag while a member of the US government's armed forces.

In my experience, they're also usually completely incapable of disregarding retarded orders in peacetime operations, which makes me wonder if they could even comprehend initiating an actual rebellion.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

holocaust bloopers posted:

You know Steve Bannon sees this and is like "Nice. I look good."

Dude looks like a cold flour tortilla.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

They're playing into their hands, by reminding people of terror attacks from which we've recovered and survived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_30-8ZlmQ

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Loden Taylor posted:

A proto-fascist comes to power but his staff can't get anything of substance done because not only do they not understand how the government works, they're too busy infighting, getting lost in the White House, and failing to find the light switches to figure it out.

Meanwhile the dude in charge is so obsessed with being in charge that he spends none of his time actually being in charge and all of his his time watching TV to see what people think of him being in charge and giving tours of his new house to show off how in charge he is.

Also the whole thing could be brought down like a house of cards by a weekly comedy show.

O Discordia.

"That's My Bush!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Raerlynn posted:

No I want him to break his loving wrists trying to fire the biggest, yugest gold plated .45 .50AE he can afford. I would have to be hospitalized because I wouldn't stop loving laughing.

I can think of only one best HUGEST gold gun

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
From my Facebook feed

quote:

Imagine for one second you just retired with 25 years as a fire fighter, police officer or paramedic, only to learn the health benefits promised to you for performing said services must be paid 100% by you, which costs over $1000 a month. Now, imagine your pension is only $2200 a month. What would you do? That IS the reality of retirement for Memphis Police and Fire Department employees. Think about that for a minute and ask yourself, what would you do? How would you feel?

I replied:

quote:

Universal Healthcare coverage for all???

They fired back:

quote:

Lollipops and roses. That's why thousands of these free Healthcare receiving people come here for care I'm sure. We've had this conversation Wasabi. I'll never support a single payer system.

These people are loving hopeless. I tried to explain.

quote:

But i mean, you asked what I would do, and this would cleanly address both this issue and the issue of those who cannot work getting healthcare.

It really feels like you're denying the citizens who are dealing with this business out of spite, simply because people you feel don't deserve it would get something out of it.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 12, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I was in Africa with this dude. He's definitely a piece of poo poo cop I think.

I just remembered he quoted that 12% stat.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
If you don't know what 12% stat I'm talking about, is the one where that hate group made a graphic about how Black's are actually responsible for all the crime.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CommieGIR posted:

Bonus of the ICE crackdown: Farmers are finding that their labor has disappeared.

The new dust bowl is gonna be loving rad.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Probably float bad Intel to the highest level see if it ends up downstream in Russia. Make the call then to whether or not to keep things dumbed down or only to the president.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The cold war wasn't won when the wall fell.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm watching this stream since it was posted in GBS. FUckign crazy seeing this line of stream of evacuees. Like GO GET THE gently caress OUT. Crazy poo poo to imagine your life being upended like that.

Oroville isn't even a big Town. gently caress evacuations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/13/news/economy/mexico-trump-us-corn/index.html

Mexico not buying corn from the US any more

eat poo poo nebraska, kansas

Literally every time we get poo poo on by Mexico I post it to Facebook.

You get a direct quote today.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I finally meet an apologetic Trump voter today. He was genuinely interested in learning about the political process after our discussion, so that was cool.

:unsmith: I hope it's all still standing after this.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Watching spicer stammer and yell about "did flynn talk to russians before the inauguration y/n" is making me smile like nothing else.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Godholio posted:

This is part of why poo poo's hosed, by the way. Not that invasions are the best answer, either.

Yeah N4I. It's time you stopped viewing women as your personal playthings.

Misogyny in the gay community is definitely a thing, not that I'm saying that's the reason here.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

:lol:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Proud Christian Mom posted:

My ancestors didn't fight a war to even bother making up facts about some third rate island

We're not talking about Japan though.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I just watched the whole press conference.

WHAT THE gently caress IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. I WANT TO loving DIE.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

facialimpediment posted:

quote:

President Donald Trump won’t guarantee that his next national security adviser will have full control over staffing and process, a move that is shortening the list of people willing to take the job at a tumultuous moment for the new administration, people familiar with the matter said.

Retired Vice Adm. Bob Harward and retired Gen. David Petraeus have dropped out of consideration for the critical post, which became vacant with Monday’s firing of Michael Flynn, these people said. Both candidates have cited concerns about staffing and independence, the people said.

This is exactly what Bannon et al. want.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Laranzu posted:

Good thing I just bounced out from The mobile to Verizon again.

Sprint can eat dicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkJA-11RJrY

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 18, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Casimir Radon posted:

California is waaaay over carrying capacity. They're also a really good counterweight against dumbfucks in the bible belt.

Central California has their own terrible racist bible beltway.

It's the I5 corridor.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOEQTJV_3-w

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

DAS Super! posted:

ive had a bad day can someone please post groverhouse.jpg's to make me feel better?

:grovertoot:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

God drat this loving piece of poo poo excuse of a human.

M_Gargantua posted:

gently caress my shift key

I miss the word filter most days.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mr. Mambold posted:

I think the Waltons are pretty agnostic politically (not sure, just an imo), but any one of them could buy and sell him and his whole cabinet. Don't know if that would get his attention, but if their prices did go up, that's a direct slap at his voting base.

http://gawker.com/walmarts-leaked-anti-union-training-video-this-isnt-ab-1705509442

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTwY2bF1JI0

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Two Finger posted:

Hey sky shark this beautiful post was by goatstein in the glorious days of helldump but I feel it still applies

This is beautiful

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I feel like I'm trying to read a tweet in a nightmare but the words are all jumbled up.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FastestGunAlive posted:

It's the next stage in lovely conservative sites using click bait style. "Sheriff Clarke DESTROYS liberals" "Palin tweet SHUTS DOWN celebs"

Stupid feminists get owned!

God bless I want to smash some faces when I read that kinda dumb hateful poo poo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You're both right.

They being said, minority's rights mean a lot more to me than protecting the feelings of an elected official or public figure.

This pervasive attitude that feminist = screeching harpy or minority advocate = SJW has made it easier to dismiss LEGITIMATE complaints from those people who had no choice in their genetic makeup.

You can choose not to be Republican. You can't stop being trans or black or a woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Psst Donny I know how to save American healthcare.

Single-payer :ssh:

But that means people who haven't earned it would get healthcare. loving freeloaders.

:freep:

Just pretend I posted that exchange between my former colleague who is back at his local PD, where they're cutting his healthcare and him arguing against single payer addressing this issue.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808363&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post469309550

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 1, 2017

• Locked thread