Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I'm so loving glad I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Kuroyama posted:

How long before Trump tweets about Mattis betraying the country for being nice to Sajjan?

I don't think he has the balls to go after someone like mattis. At least not now, Trump seems like an opportunist and right now going after The general would end in a hilarious amount of blowback from his base and the military.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

redneck nazgul posted:

The base would eat it up because Trump did it. See John Kerry as the coward vs the Texas Air National Guardsman Dubya.

I don't know about that, all the motard sites sold St Mattis shirts and poo poo way before this trump stuff, he's pretty popular with the military and god knows there is some overlap there. I mean the base may be different, I live in Chicago so I'm in the blue bubble of the mid west so who knows what the real life trump voters think.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I'm having trouble keeping up with all the poo poo happening. I like to think I'm relatively well informed, but the sheer volume of events is getting hard to keep straight.

This is gonna get out of control.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Haha Abe was like "whoa buddy, more questions"

Now Trump being a question about China and NK from a Japanese reporter. Donnie can't like that

Hahaha can't catch a break, good. gently caress him.

Very valid questions too considering the area. I'm glad the Japanese aren't softballing him questions.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

donnie got abe all hosed up on diet pills and now they're declaring war on NK for the missile launch

I don't want to laugh too hard yet incase it's true.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

There are so many gold nuggets from that press conference, but this really sums up the leader of the free world nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibxb8GQrJo8

Basically, "do you know what uranium is? I don't, but some guy told me a little about it on the way here."

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

BigDave posted:

The Brit's had Brexit, we might be looking at a Calexit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0401_story.html

Well everything went great last time people tried to peace out so of course if that highly unlikely thing happens there will be no repercussions.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I don't know what's going on up there....

Also getting really sick of work people assuming that because I'm a vet I support trump.

My vet coworker who has a lot of bad opinions keeps telling me poo poo about immigration like I would agree with him. The thing is my grandma and family were in a refugee camp for 4 years post WWII and then came here. I want to loving smack him all the time.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

jose canseco looks like he's trying to become trump's leading tech advisor

The MLB player?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Now we'll get to see if Milo really really loves sucking dick, once he has to in order to pay his rent.

I'm sure he will be picked up by some even more fringe website and keep at it.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Are they going to have the funds to pay him what Buttbart was giving him though?

Oh I doubt it, but he will play the victim card and stir up more bullshit and get the attention he craves that way.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

WaPo is free if you have a .edu, .gov or .mil e-mail FYI. NYT has a good deal on student pricing.

Thank you!

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

and Vas in case you're homesick for CT here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Ork2I7ptU

This is hilarious, the anchor is trying to pin anything and everything on him but hasn't looked anything up.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I like bush's paintings. They aren't particularly good, but they have something behind them. Like some sort of permanent sadness or something. He paints like a good country musician, it's not technically complicated but it's got heart.

Maybe it's just me reading into it because I know who bush is though :shrug:

Also as someone who uses uber for business related stuff in Chicago, it is miles ahead of taxis in both cost, customer service/complaints, and dependability. I can charge it directly to the company credit card, it's always on time, and doesn't try anything slimy. The one time I had an Uber driver gently caress me around I filed a complaint and within a half an hour had gotten a credit for another ride put on our account. I have never had a serious issue getting crews to job sites in the hundreds of trips I have requested.
Though I will say when I'm on the road and not in an Uber they are some of the worst loving drivers I have ever seen in my life. They have all of the aggressiveness, bravado, and disregard for the rules the taxi drivers have, but with none of the skill or awareness. I have almost run down so many of them in a truck because they are so bad at driving. Especially in the loop. I guess that's what you get when you have suburban motherfuckers driving in the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

"I'm a big fan of our new supplier that relies on child labor. They always deliver on time, and you wouldn't believe how cheap they are! We don't hear any complaints, and their little fingers are great for putting together those finer pieces."

Well, when taxi drivers can manage to show up on time or at all, I'll look at using them.

• Locked thread