Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Yesterday, so SCOTUS nomination probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

It kind of looks like the Russian Duma is "offering" peaceful annexation of Belarus. And it looks like the Russian-led Eurasian trade alliance is losing money at a massive rate.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

What exactly happened in Vietnam after the war? Why did it not end up like Korea where it was split in two?

The communist North conquered the South. Korea "ended" in a cease fire that never coalesced into something more permanent.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

It hasn't really been since 2011 and their Arab spring.

Speaking of, were any arab springs successful? It seems nearly every one had either foreign governments or non state actors unified by religion taking over.

IIRC, Morocco saw the writing on the wall that they might have an Arab Spring uprising and decided to give some more power to the parliament and some token civil and worker's rights to head it off. So not really a Spring uprising, however Morocco might be one of the sites of a new wave of uprisings since the people see the reforms as being unsuccessful.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Yet another reason for Pence to not like Flynn, with this same sex marriage thing on top of everything else.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Wait he's campaigning already? That means a new presidential election is around the corner and no Supreme Court nominees right, Mitch?

I vaguely remember reading that Trump registered to run for 2020 like the 20th of January. Which really feels much further away than less than a month.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Buca di Bepis posted:

For all the bad that Trump has done so far, someone tell me why I should be shocked and appalled at the plan to deport people who illegally crossed the Mexican border into the US to Mexico instead of repatriating them to their home countries.

At the most basic, Mexico has previously said that they won't take them in. As I understand it, it would effectively make them people without a country. Who is worse in that situation, the country that expels them or the one that won't take them as refugees/asylum seekers? I don't really know.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

12 people in critical condition from some piece of poo poo running into a crowd at a Mardi gras parade.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Drunk driver I think.

From the article I read, the current chain of events is black truck hits white car which plowed into the crowd injuring 12+ people. There was also an unrelated GSW involving a guy in a portajohn discharging through the wall hitting a dude in the side.

edit: http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2017/02/12_hurt_when_vehicle_plows_int.html

Looks like 21+ injured with at least 12 in critical condition. And the truck driver was intoxicated.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 26, 2017

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

I think that literally the only way trump doesn't go down in history as one of the worst leaders of all time is if there's no one left alive.

ftfy

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

bengy81 posted:

Jesus Christ this poor woman.

Gotta love the fine tradition of using a military casualty to further your agenda!

Yeah, that standing ovation felt almost malicious in how long it went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

You haven't read one before obv. It says look left look right you hamburger flipper

Most people I've watched do speeches off of teleprompters like that make it look way, way more natural because they have at least half an inkling of how to orate.

• Locked thread