Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

BexGu posted:

You'r not going to find that online unless you got out and just talk with people and their concerns. Also mobilize to get people to vote at the lowest level position as possible and work up, not top to bottom.

That's why you can't find a moderate to have a discussion. If all you'r doing is trolling all your gonna find is trolls to fight.

Whenever I discuss politics with the few Trump-supporting friends of mine, it's immediately evident that they rely almost entirely on gut-feeling and constant reaffirmation that their expectations will be fulfilled by Trump and his surrogates. They have hope, because they actually want America to be "great again". Cool, good for them. If the argument stopped there, that'd be fine. But that's no basis for a discussion.

Any actual discussion is just flagrant goal-post-moving, evasion and strawman bullshittery. I've seen the same from friends that were hanging an inch off Obama's cock during times where I disagreed with his administration, but Trump supporters seem to be literally nothing else.

From a legal or societal standpoint, I absolutely agree with sky shark's argument that no president should be offing fools without due process anywhere. Therefore, Obama doing it was just as bad as Trump doing it is now. My Robinson/Clancy-novel-reading rear end, however, also has the gut feeling that sometimes, fools need a' poppin' for the bottom line. I KNOW that this isn't a valid argument, and I wouldn't bring it up in a discussion. Trump supporters will, because gut feeling, completely devoid of any factual support or morality, is somehow a valid argument to them.

The reason I ignore sky shark (not actual ignore-list ignore), is because in like 90% of the cases I've perceived his posting, he's been no-poo poo trolling, or contradicting himself between two pages of posting for the purpose of loving with people or the thread. That's loving retarded and I'm to old (literally, as in "I'm too old to have the energy" not as in "too mature") to engage his dumb poo poo.

That, however, is now turning into "YOU'RE PART/ALL OF THE PROBLEM, BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT ENGAGING POOR SKY SHARK/TRUMP SUPPORTERS IN REASONABLE DISCUSSION". And loving :lol: to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Woof Blitzer posted:

It's already legal as long as the protesters have something in their pockets such as *looks at notebook* cellphone, wallet, lint etc.

I'm oddly reminded of that nerdy university occupation during the Occupy movement, where one anarchist/99%er/whatever dude was filming everything first-person-perspective, and constantly streaming some DO WE HAVE CONSENSUS jibberjabber, before taking inventory of the students' poo poo because ~tyranny~ and it was legit all Apple stuff.

Also this.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

quote:

The good news is that Congress can stop him.

Oh, good. :lol:

Also, I think this issue came up before, and the bottom line was that he's not supposed to be a sitting member comprising the NSC, but just a regular attendee, so none of the legal gibberish really applies.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Oh godfuckingdamnit this was such a meaty story that turned out to be wrong :sigh:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/826888265584226304

It wasn't very meaty to begin with, since - at least according to his story - his mother was essentially at a point where she might not return from her next hospital admission.

But this type of dumb poo poo is what makes up the masturbatory fantasies of the Spicers, Bannons, and Trump to refute something massive with a single loving tweet. Good job.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

Trump is flying to Dover with Chris Coons, so I'm guessing they're going to Dover AFB for when the dead SEAL from the Yemen op arrives.

Well, there may be the first completely normal presidential act out of his first term.

I'm fully convinced he'll find a way to make it about himself or play the media victimization card.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:allbuttons:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

You guys think you're glad you're out because you're not getting sent to some hot sandy dump where you're getting shot at while at least having the support of the largest military machinery on the planet.

I'm glad I'm out because I don't like getting motherfucking steamrolled by Ivan and then toiling away in a loving salt mine near where my ex was born.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What a bunch of morons :cripes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A man with the oratory skills of a 12-year-old is leader of the free world.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/826774668245946368

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Absolutely incredible

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

I totally have sympathy for the anti-Milo crowd and fully endorse peaceful protests against him but as I sit here watching a roaming band of anarchists walking through a city and smashing everything in site long after his event is cancelled I can't help but think this is far more damaging to that cause than anything he could have said in one night.

Pretty much this.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

The alt-right wants ethnic cleansing, so if you're upset at protesters over property damage you're giving more value to inanimate objects than human lives.

He's not the alt-right, he's not the systemic threat the alt-right represents. He's one dude whose actual loving job is to rile up the opposition. Mock him, protest him, but for the love of god, don't play his game or do exactly what he's looking for. Like the very thing currently happening.

Protest the gently caress out of legislation, or the systemic poo poo that supports him. But this does more harm than good in my opinion.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

RIP Arnie's tenure as Trump-in-chief at the Apprentice.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The headline doesn't really do Spicer's comments any justice. His actual reaction is beyond ridiculous.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/202247118

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

oh god you're right, they'll wind up bringing the draft back :magical:

So will we :downs:

ASAPI posted:

They don't draft guys with disability ratings right? RIGHT?

You will be interred in a dreadnought and serve the Emperor yet again, brother.

Would you like your amniotic fluid in vanilla, straciatella, or pumpkin-spice?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

This really is an amazing time to be alive.

I remember saying that when a presidential candidate assured the nation his dick was big enough.

Those were the good old days. :smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Google says that Rand Paul was apparently parroting something similar, but not quite as dumb as Conway, he at least referred to it as the "attempted bombing".

This looks like what he's talking about

http://www.wave3.com/story/14756911/2-iraqi-nationalist-indicted-on-terrorism-charges-in-kentucky

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

That Norwegian former prime minister wasn't a refugee, either. Nor were all these green card holders that are hosed.

Not that there isn't enough to complain about in a Trump administration, but having been to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. and failing to list that on your immigration paperwork has always led to you being detained temporarily until poo poo's been fixed.

On which legal basis, I don't know, but it's been that way for ages. I'm not even talking about just failing to mention it in your visa or ESTA application, but poo poo as simple as accidentally omitting it on that dumb little flyer you have to scribble on in the plane was always enough to get you held up for hours at customs.

/edit: Like, my dad was inconvenienced to hell and back a decade ago because his passport listed entry into a -stan country roughly five years previously, and the customs dude was too dumb to distinguish between "good" and "bad" -stan-countries, and mistook it for something other than what was listed on his ESTA application.

/edit2: Wait, I think it was even dumber, it was Aserbaidschan and the customs dude mistook it for a -stan country

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 3, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I don't get it, don't judge please.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Some of the poo poo Trump said in the Bill O'Reilly interview...mother of god.

http://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/828026170302148608

http://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/828032258359619586

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

Pence was incapable of giving a simple affirmation that the United States is morally superior to Putin's Russia. I think the US has massive problems that we need to strive to correct, but for the president and vice-president to not unequivocally state that the United States is several orders of magnitude better than Putin's Russia is just utterly insane.

Also on Face the Nation:
https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/828293834253688832

For me as a German especially, it's incredibly weird how perfectly normal and even expected it is, on both sides of the aisle, to say "America is the greatest country in the history of the world", or "American ideals are superior to other countries' ideals all across the world".

That said, how in the gently caress do you not churn out a simple "yes" to this question as the vice loving president? :laffo:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

KildarX posted:

What would the exact liberal tea party look like?

I mean the platform of

"EAT THE RICH!"

Doesn't seem to be nearly as... suicidal?... self-harming? as

" DONT GIVE POORS WHATS MINE! GIVE JOB CREATORS OUR MONEY SO THEY MAY PEE IT ON US LATER*"

*even though they themselves are poor who don't have "mine" in the first place.

Yeah, but people internalize wealth, while they externalize poverty.

Folks feel more threatened by a movement that says it's coming for the rich, even though they're not rich. They feel less threatened by folks openly saying "Let's turn the loving poor into tires.", because you're less likely to consider yourself poor, even though all it takes is a failing paycheck to put you in the street.

/welp, didn't read your last line

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Trump can not, for the life of him, back off his voter fraud bullshit. Pence to head the panel investigating it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-voterfraud-idUSKBN15K0TS

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ceiling fan posted:

Also, I stopped watching halfway through the third quarter. What in the actual gently caress happened?

Pats won, but lost the popular vote.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If you'd told me a year ago that SNL could potentially cause a rift between the most powerful man in the world and his closest adviser...

You know what, gently caress those people from a year ago, they lived in a boring world.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

From the comments:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Sean Spicer is now saying that the SNL skits have gone from 'Funny' to 'Mean'.

Something something Snowflakes.

quote:

"Alec has gone from funny to mean, and that's unfortunate. SNL used to be really funny. There's a streak of meanness now that they've crossed over to mean," Spicer told Extra.

Factually thicker skin than Donald. Think, but not that thin.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Kremlin has issued a statement demanding apology from Fox News for O'Reilly calling Putin a killer.

:lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

1:15PM ET

President Trump Makes Remarks to Coalition Representatives and Senior US Commanders at Macdill AFB

Shouldn't this already be live?

The stream says so, but it's still on "beginning shortly".

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

"We're gonna be loading up MacDill with a lot of beautiful planes. And a lot of beautiful equipment. A lllllot of *emphasizes* beautiful equipment. Believe me."

:lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

LongDarkNight posted:

What did the Supreme Court have to do with anything?

THE DEFENSE OF THIS NATION, loving duh!

Wild guess, I'm thinking he means that the Supreme Court will back him up on his bullshit muslim ban.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh my loving god, his eloquence is somehow...diminishing even beyond 8th grade levels.

"They don't stand a chance against our special forces. Don't stand a chance. Not a chance. *Waves finger* No one stands a chance against our special forces. And they'll have the finest equipment known to man."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That was hilariously content-less and basic.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

They are now in full troll mode

https://twitter.com/Rosie/status/828792995591888896

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I didn't think I'd be able to sit through more than five minutes of this, but the judges are basically arguing incredibly clearly and comprehensibly so that even a first year law student can follow it.

Meanwhile, Fentje is doing the legal equivalent of writing an 8th grade essay with incredibly long words in hopes of tiring the teacher out to the point where they just rubberstamp an A on it.

I'm 37 minutes into it, and one judge just interjected: "Why should we care?", followed by a lengthy and wordy stammering by lawyer dude, and ended by a "Yes, yes, but why should WE care?" from the judge.

/edit:
I'm now at the part where the Washington solicitor general is chiming in, they're not giving him a pass either, they're being pretty thorough shooting holes in both sides. Good to see that SOMETHING is still running as intended.

vvv yeah, just noticed.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 8, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Forgot to post this in here a few days ago...but I figured in light of everything some good news might be needed.

Apparently the ATF wants to be really chill now. This is just so bizarre to read. They even talk about the rifle import ban getting junked.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7882_story.html
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/02/06/breaking-atf-white-paper-leaked/

Either I'm having an extremely bad case of deja vu, or someone else (or you?) posted this with the exact same wording even.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The poo poo he's on about...incredible.

It's still a campaign speech. Scare the people with repetitive stats and promise you're gonna make it all better, without laying out any specifics. "What is going on in Chicago? What is going on there? It needs to stop. And it needs to stop nationally."

Then go off teleprompter and rant about how the wall is going to end crime and drug abuse.

"Just ask Israel about walls, do they work? They work. Believe me."

:cripes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Deathy McDeath posted:

Donnie T. left out a very important part of that article. In fact, it was the very first part:
https://morningconsult.com/2017/02/08/trump-approval-rating-slides-despite-support-travel-ban/
"Trump’s Approval Rating Slides Despite Support for Travel Ban"

His least popular Executive Orders as per that data: Wall and ending all aid to global health organizations...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm dying in class over here. Holy loving poo poo. Pretend I posted that theyre_all_beautiful.gif :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

"These cartels represent a clear and present danger to our national interests."

I remember that movie.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hahahahha

regarding Kellyanne blatantly shilling for Ivanka "Kellyanne has been counselled, that's all we can say on that"

Holy poo poo. Did I just witness a mea culpa by this administration?

Like, have we just seen the first instance of Trump not doubling the gently caress down on dumb poo poo said by him or his folks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Spicer is once again in full stumble-mode.

"No, Gorsich was totally not talking about Trump's comments on that federal judge, he was talking about his stance in general."

"President Trump has no regrets about his comments."

"Branches of government talking about each other goes back as far as Thomas Jefferson."

Now a reporter is directly calling out Spicer "Sean, your comments on the context don't make sense..."

• Locked thread