Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Plus all those rich people who buy from individually owned grocery stores.

God knows time shifting groceries one day is an intolerable burden, too. Reminds me of an absurd "don't buy gas on this designated day" protest circa 2001. I couldn't make any of my coworkers understand why it would have zero effect on oil company revenues or profits even if the entire nation participated.

That gas protest was amazing. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen more like that. Though the Starbucks boycott is in the same spirit of stupidity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I don't think they'll make the extremist program only about radical islam. I'm sure they'll just add minority focused groups like BLM to it instead!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

suboptimal posted:

No need to go after BLM if the EPA is already on the chopping block :downs:

Hey oh. Good point though. Gotta disarm the federal jackboots at BLM so small time* farmers and herders like the bundys can stop being so oppressed and over taxed.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

at the date posted:

I'm sure it was much more obviously a joke, and kind of a tame one, in an era when fascism was much less popular.

gently caress that. Use it as ammo. Use it to point out the hypocrisy of the religious right (as if their support for pussy grabber wasn't enough)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

No one is going to give a poo poo about troop deaths with Trump in office because WE FINALLY HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO SUPPORTS ARE TROOPS and theyre just going to keep telling themselves that are heroes are dying for are freedom

Actually, the operation was a huge success.

Top comments include:

"I bet these operators are having a ball with the new administration giving them the green light to destroy these evil SOBs. I always admire these quiet professionals, their job is straight out of a video game. The book "No Easy Day", and couple other sources provides a small glimpse into there organization, I can only imagine what other covert operations these professionals conduct. True heros! Putting their lifes on the line to destroy terrorist, who are out to do harm towards others who dont believe in there evil ideology. God Bless them, and be with the familys of the Fallen."

and

"Civilian death in an already war torn country is nothing to get worked up about lady. Collateral damage... war isn't pretty"

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
No way man. They're totally real deal operators who are now on the cutting edge of military operations, getting the latest and greatest news and using their military experience to give valuable insight and don't forget to sign up for the sofrep monthly loot crate (or tactical survival gear box as us operators call it)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

facialimpediment posted:

Whoa, good news I wasn't expecting on the federal lands front.

https://twitter.com/washpostbiz/status/827273073099288577

this was one thing i was worried would drop below the radar. good. i refuse to let those bundy fucks get what they want.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-gop-aims-scrap-obama-rule-gun-background-183716364--politics.html

Cancelation of regulations preventing coal mines from dumping into waterways and extended background checks for mentally ill purchasing guns. What could go wrong ?! :yeah:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You know that ethics commission that South Dakota voters passed by referendum? The waaaay GOP legislature and Governor declared an emergency and are going to remove it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.4e246d301770

ethics are biased and bad. god is on our side

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

gently caress yes. This dude is the worst. How many days a year is he not even in his city working

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Third World Reggin posted:

I've never actually heard much about clarke except the whole BLM interview he did awhile back. What else has he done?

I don't know I've never actually listened to him, I just know he (was) always on Fox News, in his stupid cowboy hat, dropping sick burns on Obama.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

LingcodKilla posted:

Kinda numb to it after seeing so many confederate flags on bases.

Flying this stuff off work vehicles is a new low though.

I've always found a particular satisfaction in the irony and lack of awareness of those repping the confederate flag while a member of the US government's armed forces.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

psydude posted:

I mean, we all knew about your normal jack booted thug police cops, and the border patrol guys who think their job actually matters. But who actually expected CBP to start loving power tripping? Does sitting in an airport all day scanning passports and looking angrily at people make you THAT xenophobic?

Kind of makes sense. "Now we can be like the big boys!" Mentality. Plus, who's joining CBP in the first place? Doesn't strike me as a top tier place with people begging to get in. Could be wrong, would be interested to hear what a current / former employee has to say.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Everytime that point gets brought up (that Jesus was a refugee) the common counterpoint from conservatives is that Jesus wasn't a refugee, his family was just going to pay their taxes :downs:

It's uuuhhh different because uhhhh something something religious freedom, some how segue into being forced to bake gay cakes, Jesus was white uhhhh etc

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
As seen in a previous post of mine, everyone is hype over the "successful" mission, eager for revenge, and excited to finally be let off the leash. And killing civilians is just a reality of war.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Reverand maynard posted:

someone needs to teleprompter troll Trump and get him to say "I admire Hitler" on TV

Tomi would be real quick to release a video "destroying" the rioters that go all out as a result of that. "drat lieberals hypocrites, oppressing free speech"

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
What a weak rear end excuse. I communicated poorly. No, you're a sicko and Internet tough guy. No doubt plenty of people will be sharing his posts in agreement though

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

TBeats posted:

A thread dedicated to wars throughout history would be rad.

Military history thread in a/t

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Vacation after two weeks of work. Well deserved....

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
A look at "America's poorest white town" and their support for trump. Nothing real new and insightful from the many other similar pieces that have been done.

"Donald Trump's got all the money he'll ever need... Trump will be a president for the common man."

One of the most common refrains we've seen again and again.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/06/news/economy/donald-trump-beattyville-kentucky/

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Step into the mind of a twitter warrior:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesky/technology/ct-conservative-twitter-cyborg-bots-20170206-story.html

"Sobieski's two accounts, for example, tweet more than 1,000 times a day using "schedulers" that work through stacks of his own pre-written posts in repetitive loops. With retweets and other forms of sharing, these posts reach the feeds of millions of other accounts, including those of such conservative luminaries as Fox News's Sean Hannity, GOP strategist Karl Rove and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), according to researcher Jonathan Albright."

I don't understand or care for twitter at all so this is kind of surreal, but I definitely see the political influence it has.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Two quick ones to start the morning off:

Top comment from Dakota Myer's link on the judge freezing Trump's ban: "It's the President's duty and right by law to protect the people of the United States. This judge broke that law, and should be arrested for treason against the people of the United States." 450 likes, yall. Some gold mine replies as well which I'll spare you.

Next up, in case you were worried that the whole sovereign citizen/yall qaeda/bundy ranch type movements have died down recently:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/07/2-men-storm-michigan-police-station-to-confront-cops-over-traffic-stop.html

"Two men wearing body armor and carrying firearms and cameras were arrested Sunday at a Michigan police headquarters in a confrontation livestreamed on the internet." According to one of them, they "audit police to see how well they honor the Constitution and people's rights."

Wonder what would happen if I as a brown dude tried the same thing. 🤔 Guessing it would count for the terrorist list then

Edit: that mattis Canada article though :3:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Here's an interesting one: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/08/big-game-u-s-soldiers-secret-hunt-for-jihadists-in-a-kenyan-forest.html

SOCOM (and contractors) fighting al-shabaab in Kenya. Also, partner nations like UK, Israel, and Jordan helping out. Not going to cheer you up much though, TBeats, as there are allegations of human rights violations

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Sounds about right. He can do no wrong. Everything is going to given a good spin- or declared MSM lies

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Please... no more d&d chat.... so bad... :ohdear:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nevada-bundy-trial-idUSKBN15O18P?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

Alright, let's not gently caress this one up like the Malheur refuge trial. This is the first trial of three (Bundy boys are on trial two) so should be a good test run

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Google news has added a separate EO category you can click on for most recent updates all sources

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
People will still be cool with us paying for it, no matter how much the cost inflates, because some meme on fb told them that illegals cost us x billions a year in welfare, so it'll totally be like, two or three years, before the wall has paid for itself

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Robot Hobo posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/830409522397184000

Translation: "I'm going to have foreign dignitaries and their entire traveling staff stay, sleep, and play at the crazy-expensive resort that I personally own. The US government will be picking up the tab, meaning that I will be funneling taxpayer money directly into my own business each time I choose to do this. (and I've always said I'm going to be spending a shitload of my Presidential time here at my own resort, so this will be constant) As a bonus, every minute of news coverage during these events will act as free advertising for the Trump hotel and resort brand. Well, not free, it's paid by taxpayers... but I'm not one of those chumps, so it's free to me. I'm wording the announcement as if we only wish to be gracious hosts to a man who I didn't even have enough interest in to listen to his half of our speech two days ago. It is in no way a conflict of interest to be arranging things such as this to be paying into my own pockets."

Does my translation seem correct?

But he said no big vacations and no salary! What a guy!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

CommieGIR posted:

Sounds like someone needs a safe space.

Please be quick to throw this out next time he complains about anything, sub

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Do we know those Russians were US assets? Could it just be some cleaning house, with the blame placed else where? Not really in the loop on this so excuse me

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

a coup would be as damaging to american democracy as trump actually being a russian plant

yea. all the pleas for coups and military uprising are fairly worrying.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Sometimes We have to fall, hct

:sympathy:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Holy poo poo lol

Edit: and by lol I mean we are so screwed

FastestGunAlive fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 13, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

FrozenVent posted:

Can someone explain why this is such a huge deal? It's not exactly a secret that there's an aide following the president around with the nuclear codes, is it?

It's a dumb as gently caress, unprofessional picture but otherwise, eh.

Opsec; now people know just who he is. So there's some additional atfp considerations. Average public probably wasn't aware of his existence to be honest.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Conservative social media is strangely quiet on Flynn's resignation; it is however suddenly full of memes and stories on how California spends more on catering to illegals rather than maintaining its infrastructure. So please, make sure you share the good news on Flynn. I recommend using the terms MAGA and drain the swamp in your title

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I accept full responsibility for my actions. Now, here's some reasons why it's not my fault;

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Actually, Flynn is the victim of a vast, left-wing conspiracy!

Here are some top comments:

"There is no doubt that there is a Mole in the White House!" and "Obama interfering in the government. Treason ???"

I know we all tend to write these people off, but this is the echo chamber that needs to be broken into. But how the hell do you get these broke brains to come back to reality? No idea. These people are part of the reason we are where we are right now. In one hour this story has 100+ shares, from a page with half a million followers. That's no joke.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Is this rally part of a new tour or is it part of the thank you tour? Either way, jesus christ that this is now a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Preemptive:?As an east coast dude who's floating next year, it's been nice posting with y'all

• Locked thread