Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Vengarr posted:

The question is, how is ignoring people perceived by the people being ignored? You can ask Trump supporters that. "Our racist, xenophobic views were ignored for so long that we were willing to support the first goblin who spoke to us directly".

Ignoring people with terrible opinions is marginalization at best, an insult at worst. And it can give bad ideologies room to grow unopposed, as we've seen.

Confrontation is not always a bad thing.

Calling everyone you disagree with a Nazi racist xenophobic bigot on the other hand... well that worked swimmingly and totally doesn't lead to you purging everyone who doesn't match ideologically until you start feeding on your own circle for not being pure enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Torrannor posted:

If you use extreme measures to prevent the GOP from confirming cabinet nominees, it shouldn't come as a surprise when the Republicans retaliate in kind.
Yep, they used the nuclear option to get rid of filibusters on cabinet nominees during Obama's term: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/312540-schumer-regrets-dems-triggering-nuclear-option

This coming around to bite them (everyone) in the rear end is on their shoulders

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

if your values and beliefs are so fragile that mean words or a shitpost from a stranger on the internet shatter them and change your mind, maybe they weren't really what you believed in the first place?

It's a figleaf is all I'm saying.

(Please note this doesn't necessarily apply to interactions with people IRL or your friends and family.)

:allears:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

you are a boot licking fascist.

you're welcome you now have an excuse to continue posting the way you've been posting for years

I'm sure not being able to probate people who disagree with your terrible & counterfactual opinions is burning you up right now.

BTW, you are 100% part of the reason Trump won, and you failing to learn the lessons from it after some kabuki performance handwringing & mock soulsearching is pretty hilarious to watch.

PS, you don't know what fascism is.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Paying only lip service to their ideals and hoping the common voter wouldn't notice worked pretty well nationally until this last election. Not so much at the state.

Trump stealing the rust belt, meeting with union leaders & his actions that have companies moving jobs to the US are things that voters notice. Trump stated that LGBT protections would continue to be enforced, removing another wedge issue. If Trump actually delivers on making concrete improvements to inner cities, there's a danger of him peeling away a sizable amount of support from what's been part of the Democratic base for decades.

Edit: I'm hoping this H1B reform goes through too, the double whammy of treating H1Bs like slave labor and using their below market wages to drive down wages for American workers has hosed over our tech base for a long time.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

SperginMcBadposter posted:

We had 8 years of "being the adult", and all it got us was the gimped ACA and a lost SC seat. It didn't loving work, it isn't working now, it's not going to work in the future.

The ACA can't be blamed on anyone other than the Democratic party. They rammed that through without any Republican support, negotiation or even review... so it being hosed up is on them. That albatross can't be hung on the Republicans when Pelosi said "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

joat mon posted:

How does the history cutoff thing work? Trump's EO is fine and handy because in the past a democrat slowed refugee entry to ensure an actual threat didn't recur, I get that. But how do you get to deny the health care reform fuckery that came before the ACA that made it unfortunately the only viable solution?

Nobody forced them to ram a lovely bill down everyone's throat. And Trump's EO was incompetent in it's execution with the Green cards / valid visas. Comparing that to the naked "let's make the insurance companies rich" payday of ACA though? LOL.

:allears:

I like the time where I provided a well sourced & cited argument about how certain policies have always been racist and you turned around and took shots at my kids & got called out by multiple posters. The problem isn't people like me. The problem is people like you who, when they get an inkling of power, act as petty tyrants and run off dissenting voices. HTH

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Milo is probably masturbating about people rioting over him.

Of course he is. Every time something like this happens, he sells more books and more people follow him. He successfully trolls these people into creating a shitshow and then sits back and watches as every negative stereotype about the protesters is validated.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

In news that should surprise absolutely no one here, those Humvees that rolled through Louisville flying the Trump flag? Belonged to SEALs

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

:supaburn: Epipens are too expensive! :supaburn:

But the Epipen alternatives have all been blocked by the FDA?

:supaburn: WHAT, DO YOU WANT A COMPLETELY UNREGULATED DRUG INDUSTRY?!? :supaburn:

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

One of the church officials probably wants LEO powers so he can concealed carry anywhere in the country.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

This gif about herd immunity was making the rounds a couple days ago: https://imgur.com/a/8M7q8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

psydude posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e%2Fin-the-news

Hey where's Skyshark to try to claim how the NRA is totally nonpartisan and supports everyone who wants to own guns.

The NRA is wholeheartedly supporting Trump because Trump was unequivocal about supporting the 2nd Amendment. After Obama & Clinton & the Democratic leadership coming out full force for gun control with positions so lovely that even the ACLU agreed with the NRA about how stupid that poo poo is, what do you expect?

Perhaps if the Democrats pulled their heads out of their asses and stopped supporting such a loser of an issue, this would change. LMAO who am I kidding, this is the same party that says that countries Obama listed as security threats don't deserve extra vetting, but US citizens who haven't been convicted (or even arrested) should lose their constitutional rights because of secret government lists.

Sorry dude, you picked the wrong side to back on this issue.

• Locked thread