Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are there any early thoughts on how the constitutional convention ref vote will go this fall? my union rep was very doom and gloom about workers rights surviving a rewrite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

was mario proud of andrew? hope not.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nobody should have to beg in this city. seems like even the biggest homeless hating piece of poo poo has an interest in solving the problem as much as the folks that care about their fellow man. idgi. hoping it gets cold enough to get them off the street each winter isn't a workable homeless policy but its all de blasio seems to have.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Homelessness isn't something that a city can solve by itself. It's a societal problem that stems from the fact that we don't want to provide permanent housing to those that cannot afford it. How would YOU "fix homelessness?"

with houses and money taken from rich people at gunpoint

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm sitting here watching that million dollar listing show where dudes are selling 10 million dollar apartments that take the whole floor of a building that used to house hundreds of people and i'm thinking like yes there's surely no resources to shelter the 3-4 thousand people in this city with no means.

they got an entire block of the east village that they turned into only 85 units. good karma

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the city estimates that there are only that many "rough sleepers" there are like 60k covered by the shelter system

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i said

quote:

yes there's surely no resources to shelter the 3-4 thousand people in this city with no means.

i didn't say whatever you're arguing about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh ok its late for me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

being that vain he of course needs detractors to gloat over and therefore endorses a ridiculous 40 year plan to upgrade little lights in tubes underground that impact 10 million people every day

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It's just so wrong on its face. As if living in prewar buildings in upscale neighborhoods isn't also insanely expensive.

moved into this after wife got done with grad and added a second income to family and yep. the crown moulding and all is cool but not really worth the combo of bleeding money and everything in your building breaking constantly because its 90 years old

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

deblasio says turnstyle jumpers always have money on them so they ought to be punished

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

we're hosed as usual.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

isnt that the area with confederate flag window guy? maybe they were on the LES to support his right to harass housing project residents

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a dude smashed out the confederate flag guys windows and yelled "wutang is for the kids" as he was being put in a squadcar.

owns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

italians will completely freak out if they try to take away columbus but they probably already vote republican anyway if they care that much.

i'll riot if they take away the school holiday without giving me something else tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you have a NYS driver's license, be sure to update your address there, too. It's no more than just calling them to inform them, and then writing it down on the back.

i just changed apartments and they will send you a new one for like 15 bucks if you want to be all official

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe the sandwiches made him that way.
did his lawyer try that?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sharptons daughter stole a cab drivers keys, threw them away and got physical with him when he complained?
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ashley-sharpton-arrested-allegedly-attacking-cab-driver-article-1.3482542

Strange news day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

grah posted:

I can tell you TWU and most Unions I know of are very fearful of how a convention would go, and urging us to vote against it.

yeah my union said its doom to collective bargaining and pensions

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Why not organize your union with other unions across the state and put into the new constitution mandatory collective bargaining and pensions?

cause thats an assload of work that could easily turn out worse than printing "stay the course" bumper stickers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

de blasio announced all buildings must be green by 2030 or face fines equal to 2xsq. ft. of the building in dollars per year.

get ready for some insane landmarks fights.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah but triple

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i know a guy whos a cable puller at a tv studio and the gig is pretty sweet sounding with high pay for short hours and the union gets all up in mgmts face over every thing while my teachers union lets me get walked all over on a long day and im still waiting for money bloomberg owed me while another contract slowly expires and i get shortchanged for another 5 years when blasio inevitably decides to not give a poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if we get a new one promptly when this one is over fine but at this point i expect to never be whole. i'm still looking at like 2022 before i get what i already earned 10 years ago.

once hes re elected and doesnt need us labor will probably eat poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i live on a hill. fix my soon to be river front precinct

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/left-lies-gentrification-article-1.3514562

wrap it up lefties, gentrification and the war on drugs apparently arent real.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

http://gothamist.com/2017/09/29/nyc_homeless_housing_hra.php

blasio will pay your rent in newark for 1 year guaranteed if you make your homeless family not his problem anymore.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

"The plan to send some families outside of New York City only speaks to the devastating lack of affordable housing here for low-income families,"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nuke albany
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-hospitals-fume-state-withholding-millions-article-1.3531230

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is mcmillian running again for mayor? i enjoy casting wasted votes for him and throwing out his catch phrase at the poll station.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

union called me everyday this week to vote no. never called for years before.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

grah posted:

Currently the State Constitution bars the state from downgrading a worker's pension once that worker has been enrolled in the pension program. They can (and do) create worse pension tiers for newer employees. There are still a handful of Tier I folks working--their pension is half their pay in their highest paid year, and they do not have any payroll contribution to the pension fund. The bulk of people I'm aware of right now are Tier 4. They need 25 years of service and need to be 55 years old to retire. They have a flat contribution rate (I think 2%?) and their pension is based on the average of their 3 best consecutive years. They also cannot have more than a 10% increase in pay year over year for pension purposes. People like me are Tier VI. Most of Tier VI has to be 62 years old to retire and has to work 30 years. Some places like MTA and the Court Police are still 25/55. We pay a variable portion of our salary--up to 7% into the pension. This rate is determined by the previous year's salary, and stupidly is not a marginal rate. So you can actually do the thing that people who don't understand income taxes worry about, where you'll have less take home if you make very slightly more than a threshold value than if you make very slightly less.

Moving all workers onto Tier VI would absolutely be on the table at a Convention.

you can still retire at 55 with pension, you take a big penalty to do it tho.

or at least i can as a tier v

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

better than cuomo is not a good compliment
cuomo is the worst

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

good read. loving cuomo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:drat:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

night shift must be worth billions in nyc theres no way service blackouts will happen without major fuckups

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cause that means it missed its target in brooklyn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

central park is plenty high above sea level to be a shanty town for centuries

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the fcc will get an injunction to protect their authority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!