Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

get that OUT of my face posted:

i heard nixon's ground game is pretty bad

At prospect park yesterday I was asked to sign to get cynthia on the ballot, so that is at least someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dems are a waste. They just can't actually support any position can they?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CaptainPsyko posted:

In a word, Nixon.

What Crowley is doing is creating a basis to argue that Cynthia Nixon ought not be able to be removed from the WFP line in November if she loses the democratic nomination. (Since she has established she fully intends to step aside for Cuomo if she does.) If Crowley and Cuomo can force Nixon to stay on the ballot while Cuomo is the Democratic nominee, they will be able to completely shut down any serious votes for the WFP on the governors line in November. That creates a very real threat to the parties ability to reach 5% and maintain guaranteed ballot access for the next four years. There’s nothing Cuomo and co. Would love to do more than gently caress over the WFP’s ballot access as retribution for the Nixon nod. They tried four years ago when the party so much as considered nominating Zephyr Teachout with the “Women’s Equality Party” - and They’re trying to achieve the same ends with a new tactic this year.

I don't get it? Why wouldn't she just get off the WFP ballot when she loses the primary? Also if she is on the WFP ballot i'll still vote for her, so what's the problem?

The bolded part doesn't make a lick of sense. What if 80% of NYS votes for the WFP and then cuomo just straight up loses? Is this some kind of 9 dimensional chess or something?

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 03:09 on Jul 13, 2018

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

Yea cuomo is betting WFP cant get 5% as a spoiler party line. We’ll see if he’s right I guess.

Well I can tell you this, I'm not voting for cuomo, so if I get to vote for Nixon on the WFP, it's win/win.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CaptainPsyko posted:

The belief is that legalization represents a get out of jail free card for white smokers, while black users will still be targeted by enforcement of laws re: public consumption and such which will result in no change for them and stores will end up locating in poor communities of color and be a blight in much the same way as shady liquor stores, while corporations owned by rich white folks take all the profit.

Tl;dr, they are extremely skeptical of anybracial Justice arguments re: legalization.

I mean they are right, legalization will not solve racism, but fortunately that isn't the purpose of it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CaptainPsyko posted:

Right. The purpose is to tax white people and offer them exciting new recreational and profit opportunities.

You might see why they aren’t so quick to get on board at that point.

Well yea they should make sure that the regulations are reasonable and not designed to entrench a connected political class. They see what happened with state-liquor stores, so maybe they could be legislatures and actually make laws that are good for the citizenry, and not their donors?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The solution to MTA woes is to structure your entire life around the G, God's own train.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The gently caress?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Vacancy Tax.....

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Gunshow Poophole posted:

it's embarrassing that the gentrifier beer store on 95th that I loved closed and has been vacant for a year. also the biggest change I've noticed North of the hospital is the citibikes. EVERYWHERE

What's wrong with citibikes? Granted they've gotten like 60% more expensive then they started, but they are good thing and super convenient for getting both across manhattan and brooklyn.

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

can't wait for your evil city to perish

Unfortunately it won't happen.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Most of it will be underwater by the end of this century, if not sooner. :sadwave:

That will be the end of wall st, but only the physical manifestation of it, the destructive spirit of capitalism will never let something as petty as nature stop it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
New York dems are a waste, and perfectly demonstrate why the party should go extinct, post haste.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

grah posted:

That police "strike" was loving awesome, was the best sort of general feeling of calm in the city I can recall in my entire life.

:agreed:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm going to be at the Brazen Head in BK for the debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
gun control is a losing issue for dems outside of nyc, why would the gop try to capture that?