Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im not trying to steal thunder but i may have created that image. i kinda remember something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

graph posted:

whats your favorite square. i think mine is 'fits my needs perfectly'

windows ph
pity square

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

whats your favorite square. i think mine is 'fits my needs perfectly'

it's 'poo poo device sale' because i thought it was a touchpad and was ready to :goonsay: that's not android and
1 - it's not a touchpad
2 - i still put android on it at one point which eventually ruined the device

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Zotix posted:

Crossposting:

Okay so apparently a neighbor just got a Fitbit luxe and my Pixel 3 is trying to setup the device constantly now. Every minute I get a pop up saying to finish setup go to the playstore and download the fitbit app.

I've disabled wifi, Bluetooth, and adaptive connectivity with no luck. Nearby Share is also off.

I'm starting to get really pissed off now. There's no way to make this go away. It shows in the top of settings and says tap to setup device and it just takes me to the play store. There's no option to forget the device or anything.

An image like the below pops up every minute or so now.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol anroid.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i appreciate that most likely their neighbor has no idea the torment theyve inflicted and are just happily wearing around their new fitbit with no intention of pairing it to their phone

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Last Chance posted:

lol anroid.
anroid

lol

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Last Chance posted:

lol anroid.

been sayin this!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://9to5google.com/2021/12/08/android-emergency-calling-bug/

lmao

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
microsoft really pushing on those sign-in metrics for the end of the quarter

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
my andorid phone app updated and now the text is light gray on white bubbles on a black background. love it

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the best part is they wont even fix it, its up to microsoft to update the teams app

random applications on android can break core functionality of the device because whatever anything can touch any api herp derp walled garden

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
ms teams literally killing you sounds about right, actually

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

breaking 911 was an inside job

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Zamujasa posted:

my andorid phone app updated and now the text is light gray on white bubbles on a black background. love it

still looks like a green bubble from here

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

The Management posted:

still looks like a green bubble from here

https://twitter.com/xkeepah/status/1469015492169846784

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

material is a joke and google is so busy making it worse every release

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i thought the brushed metal aqua ui was dated pretty fast, but man do i miss it today

look at all those controls that look like controls

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
every interactive object is clearly defined the the active sorting column header in the list view is highlighted.

my god... how far we've fallen

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

look at that subtle dot on the panel divider.

the tasteful blue glow from the active equalizer button.

oh my god. it even has a grippy handle on the window resize area

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
ios 7 was the worst, they fixed some of it but we still have tonnes of "buttons" that look like labels

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i love looking at an interface ostensibly designed to convey information for 30 seconds or more trying to find something that should be entirely obvious out of an undifferentiated mass of white space and thin horizontal/vertical lines

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Sagebrush posted:

i thought the brushed metal aqua ui was dated pretty fast, but man do i miss it today

I wanna scroll thos bars

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there’s an old architecture cliche that goes like “it’s ok to decorate a building but try to avoid building decoration” but we swung the opposite way with uber flat design where functional elements like the doorknobs and windows are intentionally hidden from the user

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

the best part is they wont even fix it, its up to microsoft to update the teams app

random applications on android can break core functionality of the device because whatever anything can touch any api herp derp walled garden

awesome, now they can add "partner can't call the cops" functionality to the various "stalk your partner" apps :smith:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

I'm a big fan of that greenish beige display and it was stylish on the nano g1 radio remote

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
the brushed metal part of brushed metal aqua was pretty tacky, but everything else was great

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I wish everything was vitreous green from the Xbox days

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

hideous

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

yet I can't look away

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

sign number whatever that stadia is dead: just got an email from YouTube premium offering three months of game pass for free

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jenny Agutter posted:

sign number whatever that stadia is dead: just got an email from YouTube premium offering three months of game pass for free

same. but also, gmail helpfully marked it as spam, ha

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Programmer Humor posted:

same. but also, gmail helpfully marked it as spam, ha

we all knew civil war was coming, just not the form or would take

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

skipping 8000 posts to say Android: green bubble sigma or Android: green bubble ligma would be funny

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

who's steve jobs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

who's steve jobs

you probably just inhaled a couple of his nitrogen molecules lmfao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

qirex posted:

who's steve jobs

A miserable pile of white blood cells! But enough talk!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
on discussing that samsing flip folding screen phone

quote:

How good is this phone for playing Pokémon go on? Is the middle of the screen flush where the hinge is? I feel it would make throwing pokeballs harder. I want to grab this, but it's hard enough holding 2-3 regular phones at a time...

This is a serious post btw.

quote:

It’s fine for me. I don’t really play much anymore. When I did, Samsung phones where the best since I could play two accounts in split screen. No need to carry two phones around.

lol good grief

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

m-m-m-m-multiball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mediaphage posted:

on discussing that samsing flip folding screen phone

my cousin got one of those just before thanksgiving and was showing it off. two days later, he was talking about how he has to take it back to the store because the screen developed a little blob of dead pixels after bumping the screen not particularly hard. there's also a very pronounced line where the hinge is