Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Anroid

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Lmao

A Google community manager has responded to the linked Reddit thread, explaining why this is happening. Here is the quote:

There was a recent OTA update for Android 7.0 that is causing confusion for some Nexus 6 users. For those of you that want to guarantee future OTA updates, you will need to get back on the 7.0 supported track. If you are experiencing issues after accepting the 7.0 update, please factory reset your device to help resolve any problems.

For any Nexus 6 users that want to continue flashing/sideloading future builds, you can stay on 7.1.1 and continue to do so.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm sure this won't be abused at all

MikeJF posted:

Android O allows devs to apply custom background colors to notifications but Google is asking that it only be used for critical events that really need to jump out to the user. :allears:

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
anroid is bad because of its users

also its hardware

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

don't forget the developers

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

med school head posted:

also its hardware

can you believe people willingly use anroid? lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

med school head posted:

also its hardware

also the software

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

mishaq posted:

anroid? lol!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

lol goddamn

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

finally the must have feature with which to crush apple

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A Samsung store in Singapore caught fire on Tuesday morning, just a day before the company is set to announce its new flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S8.

According to Channel News Asia, Samsung confirmed there was a fire at the store's location in the AMK Hub shopping center, and it was quickly extinguished by water sprinklers. There were no reported injuries, and several surrounding stores had to be temporarily closed down, according to the report.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, but it supposedly involved "contents measuring 1m by 2m" in the store's storeroom, according to Channel News Asia.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

A Samsung store in Singapore caught fire on Tuesday morning, just a day before the company is set to announce its new flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S8.

According to Channel News Asia, Samsung confirmed there was a fire at the store's location in the AMK Hub shopping center, and it was quickly extinguished by water sprinklers. There were no reported injuries, and several surrounding stores had to be temporarily closed down, according to the report.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, but it supposedly involved "contents measuring 1m by 2m" in the store's storeroom, according to Channel News Asia.

lol

burning swine
May 26, 2004

things I now know:

If for any reason the android gmail app is unable to read a file to be attached to a new outgoing email, it will just go ahead and send the email anyway without the attachment. No warning, no chance to back out, just *message sent* then *failed to send attachment*

my gf discovered this while applying for a job, for which she sent two emails that were both missing the attachment

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

maybe it's a cultural thing but the thought of using my phone's mail app to apply for a job sets me on edge

maybe it's the thought of doing anything professional on a phone, yikes.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

for some people it's their only computer

burning swine
May 26, 2004

THC posted:

Not the case here, but for writing 2-3 sentences and attaching a PDF I would have figured it would be fine

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Not the case here, but for writing 2-3 sentences and attaching a PDF I would have figured it would be fine

yeah either way they should have no trouble trashing her half-rear end email

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Anroid.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

this

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

android is flaming garbage. many times literally lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

THC posted:

this is true. i should be more mindful.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

do better bro

i get what youre sayin tho and this is why i continue to recommend iphones to my low-income friends

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nimper posted:

We're sorry, to enable backup services you will need to factory reset your device. Yes, we are aware of the irony.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Android
Anroid
An Roid
A Roid
A Hemorrhoid

Android is an engorged blood vessel in your anus, QED

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
how in the gently caress does android in tyool 2017 not handle email autoconfiguration with exchange?

apple figured this poo poo out eight years ago assholes.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

its very bad

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

how in the gently caress does android in tyool 2017 not handle email autoconfiguration with exchange?

apple figured this poo poo out eight years ago assholes.

Apple doesn't operate a popular email service that they want to protect to help their ad sales business.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
why wont my android do activesync with my hp jornada

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

The "buy a used HP jornada on eBay" craze and SH/SC was a crazy time

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
anroid

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

DuckConference posted:

The "buy a used HP jornada on eBay" craze and SH/SC was a crazy time

I was veeeerrrry close to getting pulled into that, but I think my experience with a sharp zaurus (pda which ran linux) helped keep me balanced on the side of sanity

yet weird pocket computer type things in strange form factors still get my nerd juices flowing for reasons I don't quite understand. remember UMPCs??? :eyepop:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

man, the zaurus, that was a weird time

one thing i learned from being a windows phone early adopter sucker is, strangely, that it is a fair bit of fun being an early adopter (i so would have gotten the nokia internet phablets in the maemo era if i hadn't been a poor student then). i may try to jump on the next thing if there is ever a next thing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
i had a jordana 720 as a teen. it was, at the time, pro as gently caress

also had the nokia 770/800 maemo devices. they were p. neato an vaguely useful as an internet device in an era of lovely smartphone platforms. i still have my n800 for use as a prop in halloween costumes (wrist computer/pipboy)

umpcs were unmitigated trash. woefully underpowered and no battery life.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

man, the zaurus, that was a weird time

one thing i learned from being a windows phone early adopter sucker is, strangely, that it is a fair bit of fun being an early adopter (i so would have gotten the nokia internet phablets in the maemo era if i hadn't been a poor student then). i may try to jump on the next thing if there is ever a next thing

I had 2 different zaurii and a nokia n800

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had a nokia 770 it was pretty sweet to use while traveling and had no purpose the other 50 weeks of the year

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

infernal machines posted:

i had a jordana 720 as a teen. it was, at the time, pro as gently caress

also had the nokia 770/800 maemo devices. they were p. neato an vaguely useful as an internet device in an era of lovely smartphone platforms. i still have my n800 for use as a prop in halloween costumes (wrist computer/pipboy)

umpcs were unmitigated trash. woefully underpowered and no battery life.

i also had a jornada 720 as a teen. i put mp3s on the cf card and played them with windows media player. it was my ipod and, with an orinoco gold 802.11b card, my iphone

i think we've discovered a yospos indicator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i didn't have an orinoco card back in those days, but i had a usr 56k modem with the popout x-jack connector, and some of the payphones in my city had rj11 jacks on them for just such use.

in hindsight it was cyberpunk as gently caress