Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

BONGHITZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Classical Muzak posted:

I have an iPhone 7 plus and it sucks and I kind of hate it and wish I got a Pixel XL.

Incorrect and wrong

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Punkbob posted:

So android 7.1.1 doesn't work on dual stack IPv6/IPv4 networks and only gets an IPv6 address. meaning that only half the internet works.

The official work around is to turn off IPv6 for the entire network.

That doesn't sound right. P sure my anroid device wasn't having this issue

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

my android doesn't use the second sd card i put there so it slowly craps up the integrated 8gb, and the 32 one i added sits unused on the side.

nice

Android : bad at magic

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Lmao

A Google community manager has responded to the linked Reddit thread, explaining why this is happening. Here is the quote:

There was a recent OTA update for Android 7.0 that is causing confusion for some Nexus 6 users. For those of you that want to guarantee future OTA updates, you will need to get back on the 7.0 supported track. If you are experiencing issues after accepting the 7.0 update, please factory reset your device to help resolve any problems.

For any Nexus 6 users that want to continue flashing/sideloading future builds, you can stay on 7.1.1 and continue to do so.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

infernal machines posted:

my casio calculator in high school that basically topped out at displaying 5138008 and doing square roots was effectively as advanced as the computers behind the apollo missions

Boobeis 🤔

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

wiped cache partition today and holy gently caress my phone is back to the world of living now

How's it feel to be a janitor

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

i agree it's not bad

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

infernal machines posted:

how is the solution to the issue "make the phone really hot"?

Anroid.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Wow nice piece of poo poo bland anroid

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Lomarf

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Lol marshmallow adoption rate still higher than nougat, the most recently abandoned os

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Lol do what you can't

Rock touching, heart solid

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

BONGHITZ

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Bluetooth audio is trash for deaf people

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

i guarantee you couldn't tell the difference between bt and wired in my car. it sounds 100% the same. maybe get a bt adapter/phone that isn't trash

I guarantee that I could and do. Maybe get ears that aren't garbage

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

or some phillips earbuds for $10 like me because you tear cables every 6 months

Stop not pulling on the connector????

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Probably some bespoke DAC addon. Very essential

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

i'm uh the (-) coinslot? icon

Find yourself going the wrong way down a lot of one way streets do you?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Officer I was just trying to feed the big meter

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

cis autodrag posted:

yeah, why would I stuff all my poo poo in pockets like some sort of human junk drawer when I can have a cute accessory that holds and organizes my things? it's kind of condescending when men complain about pockets on our behalf like we can't figure out what we want for ourselves.

also most of my dresses have deeper pockets than man jeans but I only use them for discretely taking my phone to the shitter
would you still have this strat if girl clothes, as a rule, had real functional pockets

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

inbox is good

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

~Coxy posted:

Worse than that, Apple practically forces the update on people.

As they loving should.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*in shaggar voice* but when microsoft does it, its bad :thunk:

Microsoft pushes updates that install candy crush and notifications about how great edge is. At least all my files are exactly where I left them.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

they stopped issuing those in like 2013

What?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

pie very needs suiting

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Google played it smart, now all they have to do is piece together all the leak videos and put it on a big screen at the keynote

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Pie trip report: needs suiting. Heart touching. AI power thing shutting down shittily coded apps with a quickness. My phone is unusable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Stymie posted:

i'm starting to come around on the removal of headphone jacks from devices because nobody needs to be constantly listening to music

everything you post is terrible