Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

recently found out that some, but not all Samsung Galaxy® S4 devices are blacklisted from hardware acceleration support in WebViews. there are quite a few variants of the Samsung Galaxy® S4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the latest samsung ones are actually not as irredeemably awful as their predecessors, lol. too bad about that whole battery explosion thing

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the best thing a samsung android ever did for anyone was violently explode in a fiery conflagration

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

LastInLine posted:

you might think so but no even with an off brand comic sans as a system font and every other thing samsung chose there are worse out there. lg copies samsung and it turns out copies of copies are even worse

what i find unbelievable is that samsung themselves believes it looks good. like obv. its common knowledge they copied apples iconography and since that worked theyve tried to stick to the same look because why gently caress up a good thing but no one there could seriously think theyre doing a good job right? its all just an emperors new clothes scenario where no one wants to tell the family oligarch that his taste is trash right?

at least the newer ones (s6 and up) don't have the eye-searing Windows XP Bliss wallpaper that was default on the S4

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Nards Pan posted:

You gotta add the SD PV to the correct volume group and then extend the LV (use the -r flag unless you want to mess with file system flag afterwards)

linux on a handheld device

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol they still do this

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

for some people it's their only computer

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

do better bro

i get what youre sayin tho and this is why i continue to recommend iphones to my low-income friends

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

why do ppl use the app when they can just go to the website

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i like when u hand someone an anroid phone and a tiny corner of their finger brushes against the dedicated back button and it kicks them out of whatever you wanted to show them