Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

poty posted:

stadia the subscription service that is free for 1080p streaming (buying the probably overpriced games on their store) will be quite attractive if it ever exists

stadia at the moment where you have to pay $130 for a bad controller and a chromecast ultra i already have sucks

hahahaha source your quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

poty posted:

its attractive to me. you can play pc games and you dont need to buy a pc that costs 1500 bucks or whatever and is big ugly loud and uses a ton of power

what? $500 would get you a pc that eats almost no power and can play all of your games at 1080p@60.

Then you get to keep your games, don’t suffer from lag, and can use a proper keyboard and mouse.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Also the bandwidth caps a lot of ISP's have.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

poty posted:

i remember people online saying netflix was dumb when it started streaming because you didnt own the movies and they were worse image quality than blurays at the time. wonder where they are now.

Netflix is $10 a month and you can stream everything without additional cost.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

infernal machines posted:

imagine netflix, but you also spend $30 to buy the title first from the netflix store, that you can then only watch on netflix

$30 would be a discount with Stadia LOL

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

klosterdev posted:

y'all could have bought Intel phones while you had the chance to disarm a monopoly :colbert:

Yeah but we wanted phones that could operate on a battery for more than an hour.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
You can tweak all those HARDCORE TUNING settings for hours or you could buy an iPhone 11 and get double the performance.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Clark Nova posted:

What happens if you stick a cable in the forbidden port? :ohdear:

Don’t kinkshame

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The Management posted:

the iPhone X is almost 3 years old and is destroying every android. I was told in this very thread that android chips are competitive now.

well you see, in multicore specific synthetic benchmarks an 865+ almost matches a year and a half old A13 while only losing 50% of battery life over the A13 and therefor it’s competitive!!!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
So it’s less powerful, more expensive, and probably gets worse battery life than an iPhone 8? Ahahaha.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 31, 2020

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The only Anroid device I would buy is an updated Nexus one. Trackball supremacy forever.

I would kill for a new Palm Pre though.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have frontier, which resells FIOS. 500/500 for $50 a month. :smug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

bobbilljim posted:

Actually hold up where can I get gigabit for $75 ???

https://frontier.com/shop

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

my big issue with apple music was it does zero buffering, as soon as you hit a patch of spotty reception its gone

Add the music to your phone first?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SO DEMANDING posted:

"you're holding it wrong"

I mean, yeah, it sucks, but if you are going to keep doing the same thing over and over while bitching, then eventually it's on you. Especially when there's a download button.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

sure you paid for the game or stadia sub (lol), but if you're doing anything but playing it by yourself in a locked room under a blanket, you owe us money

Somewhere an RIAA executive just got a hardon and doesn't know why.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
He also removes any mention of Stadia from his Twitter Bio lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Samsung puts adds in their phone app, but the Grey forums Android thread has a fix:

Edward IV posted:

At least you option to avoid almost all of the Samsung crap. It's even possible to replace the phone and messaging app with the stock Android ones though the phone app requires signing up for the beta program and may not work with all devices.

Having put up with Samsung apps when I got my S8 Active, being able to mostly bypass all the Samsung stuff in my S20+ is a breath of fresh air.

Just sign up for a beta and use the stock phone app that may or may not work lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

what is wrong with these people?

Apple bad, so let me use a VPN with PiHole and a beta PHONE APP which is better than iOS for reasons.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
It's always a sad day when your dongle stops working. Don't worry, millions of people have that problem every year. You aren't alone friend. :unsmith:

My dongle has always worked perfectly. :smug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
WP7 was amazing. They shot themselves in the foot, leg, and face with the WP7 -> WP8 -> WP10 transition. Absolutely terribly managed and shameful.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Google constantly produces hardware at the same price or a tiny bit cheaper than Apple with the hopes that people forget they aren’t Apple. Every time they fail to realize that their main products are free and nobody wants to pay premium pricing for a Google product.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

you should get a good phone, they're pretty cool. think my mother in law had an lg and it was utter garbage, to zero surprise.

Yeah, iPhones are pretty cool. It’s a shame there aren’t any good anroid phones.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The Management posted:

LG products have always been lousy quality. they seem incapable of making things without cutting corners and their design is terrible. it’s unfortunate because they’re one of the best LCD and OLED panel makers.

welp, I guess it’s just Samsung in the US now

Funny enough, when I did use anroid the V20 was one of the best Anroid phones I ever used.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

crepeface posted:

imagining a game studio with google's development culture and lollin. it's be worse than cyberpunk 2077

That’s not fair. Cyberpunk 2077 was actually released and is better supported than Stadia ever was or will be.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

flashbacks to people going insane over Gmail invites, feeling like they were in an exclusive club of this brand new email experience - a bit bigger of an inbox and all your poo poo being read. wow what did we do before them.

Hotmail

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
??? The GC controller was still being sold at the time. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

ruined by the hosed up little nub analog stick and only one bumper

True. The switch pro-controller would be the best controller ever if the triggers were analog.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
what’s up yellow Nokia 1020 with the camera grip buddy. :smug::hf::smug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

patched android is likely at least as secure as ios, at least exploit prices tilt that way (both browser escapes and full zero-clicks remain more expensive for android than ios).

lol no.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

carry on then posted:

correct, android is much more secure even unpatched

Also lol no. Android is a shitheap. Stock Android might be secure, but as soon as vendors start loving around all bets are off. Most vendors are WORSE than garbage xda rom makers.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

butt dickus posted:

wow thanks for this fresh information and capital letters in the android thread. how about you put your time traveling powers to good use and push donald trump into a mudhole

YOSPOS

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
As an embedded engineer, I hate sdcards with a passion. Apple was 100% correct never to add them to iPhones.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
People who demand sdcard storage also buy the cheapest piece of poo poo sdcard they can find and then complain when it's slow or breaks, and they yank them out all the time while the sdcard is mounted and in use. Removable storage is awful, and I'm glad it's going away.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

carry on then posted:

i mean, that's dyp, but for a lot of the world that $200 phone is the most they can afford, so websites/apps that don't run well are genuinely class warfare

You can buy a used iPhone 8 Plus for $200~ on Swappa.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Shaggar posted:

yes correct.

As an American: No. Bad.

middle, small, large is dumb and bad.

either small, middle, large or large middle small.

mm/dd/yyyy is just plan stupid.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CoolRanch posted:

They must run like absolute crap. I had a first gen ipad that started being unusable 3 years ago.

no, because unlike Android, iOS isn’t programmed in Java and is optimized for things like memory usage. The 6s has 2G of Ram and NVME. It’s perfectly fine for iOS 15.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CoolRanch posted:

Wrong bitch, i think it was ios 11 that made even the built in apps run as stuttery as android.

And yes I even wiped it.

yes. they admitted as much and fixed that garbage in iOS 12 (maybe 13?)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
get a used iPad with a sdcard adapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

indigi posted:

will this cost 200-250 dollars and last four years

yes.