Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Cleveland was awesome for the absurdly wide racing surface so you ended up with guys going 7-wide into turn one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm guessing they tweak ignore that rule 2 or 3 times by year's end

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't tell if I'd like the Coke Zero 400 to be on the road course at DIS or not. I heavily lean toward no

Not least because 400 miles of the road course in a Cup car would take forever

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

BMB5150 posted:

Well this seems super loving insane and doesn't help attendance.

NASCAR 2017: This seems super loving insane and doesn't help attendance.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

financially racist posted:

no. nothing will ever top kansas' roval.

this is seriously a real thing they made.

the real winning move would've been not putting vegas in the chase, keeping new hampshire and using that roval, it's actually good for what it is.

Charlotte is unremarkably midpack in the league table of good to bad roval courses but the new extra-twisty layout will be hilariously unsuited to a NASCAR tank.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

I'd put Fontana's rovals near the top as far as layout goes but because half of the infield section is just cones laid out on a car park it just looks so ugly.

Putting in a few actual kerbs and throwing some gravel and grass down would go a long way if anybody there was so inclined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

WindyMan posted:

The only way to have a good roval track is to have a significant portion of it outside of the confines of the oval (New Hampshire) or to design the track/facility with road course considerations in mind from the start. Eurospeedway Lausitz is probably the only track in the world that's got a great road course inside of its oval, because that's how it was built to be.

Lausitzring also has the bonus round option of this absurd monster:

• Locked thread