Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
hey NASCAR friends I'm ready to watch the one weekend of NASCAR per year as I usually do. well actually I'll watch Talladega too if I can remember when it's on.

the NASCAR calendar online is looking kind of sad. can they really not find sponsors for any of these races? currently laughing my butt off at both races in Loudon being called the "New Hampshire 301" and the "New Hampshire 300" respectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the question is.....can we race the truck

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

earnhardt earnhardt burning bright
oh my god he's turning right

probably the best sports related post i've ever seen

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Would it be a colossally retarded thing to say that part of the reason NASCAR lost its appeal is due to how heavy-handed they were in making everything ultra safe after Earnhardt's crash? Was debating with a friend last night after I brought up the Daytona 500.

I firmly believe the beginning of the end was the COT. I hated the look of it, I hated the racing with it, it makes me puke in my mouth. The current car has KIND of started going back to the early-2000s model, but still sits somewhere inbetween.

I think it's good that people who race cars should have safety features. I just think sometimes safety features don't equate to good or fun racing for anyone other than those behind the wheel

Just trying to figure it out because I remember enjoying NASCAR all the way up til 2005-6, and then completely dropping off after that

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

"I think it'd be a miracle if we get to the finish caution free."
*checks script to see when caution will occur*
"I think he's right!"
*laugh track*

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

gently caress it, reconfigure NHMS to have 50 degree banked turns, let em race without the restrictor plate too

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

laughing my fuckin rear end off at the guy just sitting in the middle of the track waiting to crash into the guy that spun him out

for a second there I had a flashback and thought I was playing NASCAR Thunder 2004

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I just want a 3 mile super-speedway without restrictor plates, just like Coca-Cola Speedway in NASCAR Racing Season 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

yeah right nerds, i'm going to go play the only racing game a NASCAR fan needs

• Locked thread