Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

he got paid to write this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I am irrationally mad about a commercial and here is an itemized list of everything I am offended by

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

LASTCAR posted:

Your list didn't load.

it was one of those screams that was so high pitched only a dog could hear it

that dog did hear it, and he didn't care either

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
not wanting casuals to do a thing is why the Falcons fell apart

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
On the plus side, this means more modifieds on track once teams just start cutting noses off because it's faster.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

That's Dave Kneisel, I think at Fonda. He was an upstate guy but he ran OCFS a ton, including in that car.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

iospace posted:

Getting tired?

They are probably jacked up about them, if they aren't torqued off.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Running at a regional track presents a problem.....

..... NASCAR doesn't own them and they'd have to share profit with someone else.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Hmmm, the ovals draw more viewers than road courses, maybe that has to do with so many local tracks being ovals and the overwhelming popularity of that style of racing.

Oh, I know, it's because they are dumb! Not smart, like me. :smug:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Nah, Atlanta after the repave is gonna be good. The 1.5's with banking are fast as poo poo after a repave, so look for speeds well north of 200mph there. Prolly qualify at 205 or so IMO.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Well, aero and tires are basically the same as last year, so increased grip will naturally increase speeds.

The exciting part is debatable, because I kinda like the notion of cars diving in on corner entry at speeds they've never seen before. You'll likely see action from that. The boring sets in after a repave usually from years 3-5 after it's done, once the teams figure it out and there's still grip to be had. By then the fast line will be sussed out and you'll likely see single file.

This year, who knows. It's wide enough for multiple grooves and no one is going to really know which of those is faster as rubber gets laid down. This year should be a fun race.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Have a lottery every December, picking a fan at random. Then, let the winner decide the rules for the following year.

When it turns out to be a garbage idea, have them publicly executed in Victory Lane at Homestead.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Will she have a ride in 2018 though?

I don't know who SHR could put in the car to attract more money. If she can't bring in enough I could see them dropping to 3 cars.

Larson's contract is up after this year

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

gret posted:

Trying to find a last minute sponsor to cover so many races must've been like pulling teeth, am I right guys?

that's a bridge too far, gret

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

BMB5150 posted:

gently caress it sure let's begin Idiocracy as quick as we can.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

mischief posted:

Yeah, putting stages on the Daytona 500....

I was going to take the night off to watch it but gently caress it. This whole thing is retarded.

I mean, is it any worse than calm racing for 450 miles and then all the GWC's?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I dunno, personally I think the segments are the least of NASCAR's issues right now, I'm fine with them.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

wicka posted:

My hope is that the segments work well enough to contrive excitement that NASCAR no longer feels the need to throw unnecessary cautions to bunch the field up. Of course, yes, I am a child.

It worked in Trucks with the caution clock.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Elephanthead posted:

So now you can get in the clash just by replacing someone that "qualified"? Next year, well this charter qualified last year so in goes SRA.

No one gave a poo poo when Brian Vickers ran in place of Smoke last year.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Peanut President posted:

I'm glad we have viking and kidc to remind how lackadaisical they are for all eternity otherwise I might forget.

I mean, I'd give a poo poo if they just picked someone randomly and gave them a spot, but if NASCAR is gonna push the "team sport" thing on us, they kinda have to let a team that qualified based on the last year's performance in if the driver suddenly becomes unavailable.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Danica is basically the AI cars in Pole Position

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
A Good Race

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Dan Ica with a top 5, too. That dude is a wheelman.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
FS1 is on my basic cable package :smug:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
No one is outraged by the Monster girls except for people who get outraged at everything.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Elitist Bitch posted:

You don't like drinks that look like antifreeze but antifreeze tastes better?

Leave Mountain Dew out of this

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
The man they called Old Ironhead
Blocked so hard he wound up dead

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
The Man In Black, dead and gone
Sterling Marlin did nothing wrong

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I put my cat beneath a tree
They did the same with number three

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I was just trying to rattle his cage
Hit the wall harder than Kevin Lepage

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
After Adam died, it was three deaths later
When NASCAR made the barriers safer

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
It kind of resembled the OJ chase
Watching that ambulance leave that place

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who had the greatest death of all?

Don MacTavish, surely he
In close second, the man called Swede

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
1948, Big Bill takes credit from a group of racers, forms NASCAR to make boatloads of cash

2017, fans finally figure out that NASCAR exists only to make the France family money

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

DEMAG posted:

Love media day.

Sir Galahad, Earl of Sandwiches

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Legacy media in a circle jerk over why elements of it are failing without realizing that it's one thing, really.

The goddamned internet exists.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
This is why I suggest adding a second fence to the plate races. Let the crazy fuckers defy death if they want to, but fans shouldn't share in the danger.

As it is now, fans are at more risk than the drivers.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I still have some JNCO's

You weren't cool unless you had a girlfriend who could sew you some contrasting colored inserts to really flair that leg out, I could've went barefoot and no one would have known.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

FuzzySkinner posted:

Mike Joy mentioned Don Lajoie being a modified champ, grandfather of Cory, father of Randy.

Any info on him Vikng? (giving you an excuse to post modified pics)

Legend at the old Danbury Racearena, sort of a sister track to OCFS, though paved. They used to have these weird elf statue things, and when they built a mall over the racetrack, OCFS got them and had them on top of the covered grandstands for the longest time. They have a merry-go-round inside the mall (that I rode numerous times as we used to do my school shopping there) that was originally in place at the old fairgrounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Stewart (Friesen) gon win dis

• Locked thread