Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Just to be sure I'm not holding us up, Yuu has no actions at this juncture. He's going to do damage control if when Kumo breaks something. Or maybe Yuu gets clobbered by a fly ball, whichever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Since this was brought up I'll mention the ruling for this: transforming up (IE from animal to tailed person, tailed person to full human) costs points, but transforming down (full human to tailed person, tailed person to animal, or human directly to animal) does not cost any points. Nene doesn't need to spend any to pop a tail out, but will need to spend them to pop it back in. The reasoning is that showing your tail/transformation is meant to have story repercussions that balance out the lower cost of remaining an animal or keeping your tail/ears.

Also Dream to Nene for smoothing things over

Jade Mage posted:

"Awwww, Kumo. Look at their faces. Girls, you're jungle adventures! You don't have to be scared of little ol' Tsukimi!"

Nene kneels, pulling the two girls and Tsukimi into a big group hug. "See, he's still the adorable little rabbit we all know and love! Heck, you should see me when I'm not me. A cute bushy tail and everything, look!

Gonna spend 2 feelings to make my fluffy tail poof into existence and start swaying in the hot summer breeze

"You're part of a club of cool folks trying to clean up a shrine so Yotsuba can relax happy!"

Both girls seemed a little stiff when they got pulled into the hug, but it's hard to stay spooked while being snuggled, so they both relaxed a little and smiles returned to their faces. It was a surprise to hear that all three of their new friends were Yotsuba's magical helpers, but they all seemed so friendly that it was hard to stay frightened for long.

"Oh, but you probably shouldn't let the boys see your ears and tails. Cory is always pretending to be hunting ghosts and stuff, and he might just whack you with his bat before you have a chance to show him how friendly you are."

Alma nodded, folding her arms.

"He might still whack you even then, just so he can brag to all the other boys about how he fought a real... uh, whatever you guys are."

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Grabbed by Nene, Tsukimi flails briefly in protest before just slumping. She pouts a little, her ears drooping. "We don't have all day! Is there a way to do it really fast? Like, who can hit the ball further? Or maybe who can run around in the square the fastest!", she offers to Alice more hurriedly, before looking up at Nene, blushing a bit. She's being praised, that doesn't happen every day! Maybe this mission is alright.

Oh, right. Focus on the mission.

Tricky posted:

My tail wagged back and forth, "Ooooh, that's a really good idea! I bet that they'd want to help if we can hit the ball real good." I looked at the field, then back towards the shrine. "I bet I could hit it all the way back up there!" I pantomimed swinging the stick like the boys were. How hard could it be?

"We could probably go get Ms. Greene, she's our teacher. If she tells them to go do it they'll have to obey."

Alma snorted, arms still folded.

"Yeah and then the boys will hate your guts for the rest of the summer."

She then shrugged her shoulders.

"I dunno, you should probably go talk with Cory, he's the one who's gonna decide what the boys do."

"All he cares about is playing baseball, though, so he'll probably try and talk you into playing the whole game. You'll need to figure out some way to convince him. And if he just won't listen no matter what, there's always Ms. Greene."

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
[Remember you can use the OOC thread to discuss plans if you'd like.]

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Dreams: 0 | Wonder: 7->5 | Feelings: 10

I nodded slowly, not entirely sure why anyone would think my wonderful tail was a reason for a bopping! Well, Alice and Alma seemed like they knew what to do so I had better trust them! With a moment of effort, my tail poofed away! I swirled around experimentally, stumbling a bit without the counter-balance behind me, then pointed towards the baseball field. A wide grin on my face, I said, "Let's play some ball!"

Not stopping to wait for an answer, I began charging towards the boys! I was so ready to play with some new friends!

Kumo assumes full human form for two more wonder!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Dreams: 6 | Wonder: 8 | Feelings: 4

"But... my adorable ears..." Tsukimi says, reaching up to touch her head. Then, biting her thumb, she inhales until her ears and tail poof away in curly clouds. "Well, let's go.", she says with palms up, looking over her shoulders as she walked after Kumo much more leisurely.

Spending 4 feelings to get to full human (reflected above), and giving Kumo a dream for getting the ball rolling again!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Nene, the lackadaisical tanuki

Dreams: 5 | Wonder: 3 | Feelings: 12

Nene stretches out and sits down, pressing her skirt neatly. "I'm not the exercise and running type of gal. I'm gonna stay here in the shade and hide my tail in the dirt."

She yawns leaning back "Have fun though!"

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Dream to Tsukimi for ear sadness.

Tricky posted:

I nodded slowly, not entirely sure why anyone would think my wonderful tail was a reason for a bopping! Well, Alice and Alma seemed like they knew what to do so I had better trust them! With a moment of effort, my tail poofed away! I swirled around experimentally, stumbling a bit without the counter-balance behind me, then pointed towards the baseball field. A wide grin on my face, I said, "Let's play some ball!"

Not stopping to wait for an answer, I began charging towards the boys! I was so ready to play with some new friends!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

"But... my adorable ears..." Tsukimi says, reaching up to touch her head. Then, biting her thumb, she inhales until her ears and tail poof away in curly clouds. "Well, let's go.", she says with palms up, looking over her shoulders as she walked after Kumo much more leisurely.

Alice and Alma followed Kumo's lead as well, Alma with a big, confident smile (more than a little hopeful that the whole thing could still turn into a full game of baseball) and Alice frowning, clearly worried.

As soon as the kids crossed into the field, Cory came running over, leaning his bat against his shoulder.

"Hey, Alma!" he said, energetically. Followed by a much more reserved "Uh, and Alice."
Then he turned to the two new kids.
"Did I hear you say you wanted to play some ball? Awesome!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Dreams: 7 | Wonder: 8 | Feelings: 4

"Sure am!..." Tsukimi skids to a halt. "We have to make sure it's show so we can be back home for lunch, and... um..." Her voice drops to just above a whisper. "If you lose you have to help us clean up a shrine." Her eyes dart from side to side, and she pumps her fists before lowering them excitedly. "So how about it? I'm Tsukimi, by the way!"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Dreams: 5 | Wonder: 3 | Feelings: 12

Nene sighs a little and looks at all the kids playing ball. She dramatically leans her head back to look into the bushes somewhere where she thinks Yuu is hiding. "Hey Yuu, what's your take on the plan? You've been almost silent since we first recruited the Jungle Adventures."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Dreams: 0 | Wonder: 5 | Feelings: 10

I jump up and down, "Yeah! Ball is my favorite game!" I have to think for a moment to remember why we're doing this. It's sooooo tough when everything's right there! Right! Tsukimi saves the day by whispering something about the shrine. "Cleaning up is fun too! It's a challenge!" It's so hard to think straight right now! The ball is there, the odd stick is there... Ohhh man, if my tail was still there it'd be thumping something fierce!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Yuu

Dreams: 2 | Wonder: 10 | Feelings: 10

Yuu is not and would never hide. He's scouting. Surveying. Acting as backup.

He's scouting in a different bush, in any case. Nene can see the little fox from where she's standing, if she squints. He makes an elaborate series of head-shakes and signals with his feet that utterly fail to convey any meaning. Whatever he said was probably pretty irate, though.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Dream to Nene for promoting group cohesion!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

"Sure am!..." Tsukimi skids to a halt. "We have to make sure it's show so we can be back home for lunch, and... um..." Her voice drops to just above a whisper. "If you lose you have to help us clean up a shrine." Her eyes dart from side to side, and she pumps her fists before lowering them excitedly. "So how about it? I'm Tsukimi, by the way!"

Tricky posted:

I jump up and down, "Yeah! Ball is my favorite game!" I have to think for a moment to remember why we're doing this. It's sooooo tough when everything's right there! Right! Tsukimi saves the day by whispering something about the shrine. "Cleaning up is fun too! It's a challenge!" It's so hard to think straight right now! The ball is there, the odd stick is there... Ohhh man, if my tail was still there it'd be thumping something fierce!

At first Cory was all smiles, glad there would be more kids to play. With this many, maybe they could get a real game sort of going! There still wasn't enough for two full teams, but at least they could have kids on the bases and... wait, were his ears playing tricks or did he just hear the word cleaning?

"Wait wait what did you say about cleaning? There's no way I'm spending a single second of my summer cleaning anything!"

He folded his arms across his chest, while the other boys backed him up with muttered agreement.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Dreams: 7 | Wonder: 8 | Feelings: 4

“Oho, so you think you’re gonna lose, huh?”, Tsukimi says, tucking her thumbs into her obi. “Well, it’s only natural when you’re against the Black Bat. I am the best at basing balls!” She closes her eyes, strutting a bit off the side as if overconfident and just looking as smug as she can. “It’s okay if you’re not as good at basing balls, it’s only natural, hm hm.” She makes a bunch of shadow swings that are probably more in fitting with a kendo dojo than a baseball field.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Dream to Tsukimi for...whatever we're calling that, it was amazing.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I looked at the boys, confused. Why wouldn't they want to clean? It was fun! It could be a fun game like Jungle Adventurers! Hmmm. Maybe Casey just needed to sound tough? He probably really wanted to clean, but was too scared to admit it! That was so goofy! We weren't going to bite! Well, Yuu might. He could get a little nippy when he got scared.

I nodded as Tsukimi said the things that I didn't understand, "Yeah! We're the best ball basers you've ever seen! I bet I could hit that ball all the way to the shrine!"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Dreams: 6 | Wonder: 3 | Feelings: 12

Until further notice, Nene is gonna close her eyes in the hot summer sun and take a nap lying on the ground like a starfish

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Also giving Tsukimi a dream for that. Absolute gold.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

“Oho, so you think you’re gonna lose, huh?”, Tsukimi says, tucking her thumbs into her obi. “Well, it’s only natural when you’re against the Black Bat. I am the best at basing balls!” She closes her eyes, strutting a bit off the side as if overconfident and just looking as smug as she can. “It’s okay if you’re not as good at basing balls, it’s only natural, hm hm.” She makes a bunch of shadow swings that are probably more in fitting with a kendo dojo than a baseball field.

At Tsukimi's challenge Cory's face grew red as the other boys all sent up a chorus of 'oooooo!' Their leader's authority had been challenged by a strange girl and the ball was now in his court to save face.

"Ha! No way am I afraid of losing to some girls!"

Though, the thought of having to clean anything on such a nice summer day made him hesitant, he couldn't show any faltering in front of his fellow boys. He kept his arms crossed with a tough expression on as Tsukimi went on about how awesome she was, though his expression started to slip into a mocking smile when she got to 'basing balls' and swinging the bat like she was playing with a practice sword.

"Fine! You've got yourself a challenge! But if I win you girls all have to come out and help us do baseball practice every day this summer!"

With his confidence restored by Tsukimi's silly display, he puffed out his chest, certain that the prize would be his.

Tricky posted:

I looked at the boys, confused. Why wouldn't they want to clean? It was fun! It could be a fun game like Jungle Adventurers! Hmmm. Maybe Casey just needed to sound tough? He probably really wanted to clean, but was too scared to admit it! That was so goofy! We weren't going to bite! Well, Yuu might. He could get a little nippy when he got scared.

I nodded as Tsukimi said the things that I didn't understand, "Yeah! We're the best ball basers you've ever seen! I bet I could hit that ball all the way to the shrine!"

"All the way to the shrine? Ha, no way! But if you want to bet, let's do this: we each hit three balls and whoever hits the farthest wins. And Alma's going to pitch!"

He pointed at Alma, who looked surprised and a little flustered to suddenly be dragged into the middle of it.

Cory turned back to Tsukimi and Kumo, chin high.

"Well? You gonna take my challenge?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I give Casey a big thumbs-up! Obviously we were going to win, because Tsukimi is the best ball baser of all time. And, you know, even though Casey thought I was joking I was pretty sure I really could knock the ball all the way back up to the shrine. I took a few mock swings, trying to copy the way Casey had done it, and then nodded with satisfaction. We're gonna win!

...and even if we lose, we get to play a bunch! What a great day this was.

Interested in making an Animal impression check with Casey by way of a baseball contest!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Dreams: 8 | Wonder: 8 | Feelings: 4

"Huh? What does being girls have to do with it?", Tsukimi, touching her cheek and looking up, before then shrugging with palms open. Then, tiny fists on her hips, she seems to just let it go. "The Black Bat can't turn down any challenge!... about... bats... so! Let's go!"

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Cory accepts Kumo's impression check and now sees Kumo as a Rival!

Tricky posted:

I give Casey a big thumbs-up! Obviously we were going to win, because Tsukimi is the best ball baser of all time. And, you know, even though Casey thought I was joking I was pretty sure I really could knock the ball all the way back up to the shrine. I took a few mock swings, trying to copy the way Casey had done it, and then nodded with satisfaction. We're gonna win!

...and even if we lose, we get to play a bunch! What a great day this was.

Interested in making an Animal impression check with Casey by way of a baseball contest!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

"Huh? What does being girls have to do with it?", Tsukimi, touching her cheek and looking up, before then shrugging with palms open. Then, tiny fists on her hips, she seems to just let it go. "The Black Bat can't turn down any challenge!... about... bats... so! Let's go!"

"Hmph, everyone knows girls can't play sports," Cory snorted, making a mental note of 'except Alma'. His smirk disappeared a little, though, when he saw the force of Kumo's swings. But, he couldn't back down now! How could he hold his head up in front of the other guys if he let some random girl beat him at his own game? He was the baseball star around here!

"I'll go first!" he said, puffing out his chest and strutting over to home base. "Don't hold back, Alma! I want to win fair and square!"

Alma nodded and ran over to the pitcher's mound. She fully intended to play it fair. After all, she still wasn't 100% sold on this whole 'spending a summer day cleaning the shrine' thing. Maybe if the new girls lost they would all just forget about it and play some ball and have fun! Kumo would probably enjoy that too, right? But she couldn't cheat for one side or the other so... she would just throw her best pitches and see what happened.

Cory's first swing caught the ball a little late and sent it arcing up in a huge fly. The boys who were watching from behind him covered their heads and scrambled to get out of the way, but Cory didn't even flinch when the ball fell out of the sky and landed a few feet behind him with a dusty poof. He choked up on the bat and narrowed his eyes. He was used to the slow pitches from the other boys. Alma's were much faster and straighter.

His adjustments paid off, as his next swing connected cleanly and sent the ball far out into the golden fields of summer-dried weeds out beyond the ball field. Leaning the bat on his shoulder, he rolled his neck with a smug grin. The challenge was in the bag. Might as well just get another solid hit to nail the coffin shut!

The third hit was even more beautiful, sending a loud crack echoing across the field and putting the ball even farther than the last one had gone. Of course neither of the balls had gotten close to crossing the field between there and the shrine, but for a grade-school boy they were extremely solid hits.

Nose high in the air, Cory spun the bat over his arm and then offered it to the girls.

"Well, that's my 3. Which of you is going to go first? Or you could always just give up, it would save time."

Matching Cory's hits would be an Animal check of 5. Beating them would be 6. 7+ would allow for more spectacular results. Feel free to spend the points and write your own conclusion to what happens, I'll just handle the NPCs' reactions.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Dreams: 8 | Wonder: 8 | Feelings: 4

Winding up, Tsukimi cringes back, holding the bat more like a shield without swinging it. There may be some cheers from her peers, but she fearfully steps up to the plate, closing her eyes and spinning around as she hits naught but air. As the final throw goes out, the bat goes into the air, and Tsukimi flees the plate in a panic, going to hide behind Kumo with near-teary eyes. “She threw it so fast- I don’t- that was scary-”, she blubbers, a total one-eighty from her bluster.

Going to just take the free failure!

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 6, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Dreams: 0 | Wonder: 5 | Feelings: 10 -> 1

My mouth drops open in horror as Tsukimi is nearly destroyed by flying balls and is forced to throw the bat away to survive! Oh no... Maybe we can't do this after all? Tsukimi is the best ball baser around, after all, and what can I do if she couldn't even hit it? But still... I'm not going to give up!! This looks like so much fun and everyone looks like they like you if you're good at it!

I hug her close for a few moments, patting her back as she sobs into my shoulders, "It'll be okay, Tsukimi!! I'm going to try my best!" Turning back to the group, I grab the fallen bat and walk back to the bases. I copy Casey's stance as much as I can and give Alma a big smile, "Okay!! My turn!"

The first pitch tumbles through the air and I narrow my eyes in concentration. And then.... WHOOOSH! I swung too early! I thought that these pitches were going to be super fast!! Maybe Alma's taking it easy on me? As she wound back for the second pitch, I readied the bat and took a deep breath. Even though it would be really fun to play more of this ball game, Yotsuba is counting on us!! And maybe we can play more later after we clean...?

The ball tumbles slowly through the air towards me. It looks sooooooo delicious. I just want to leap up and grab it in my mouth and... and... bury it under a tree! But I need to be strong! I need to win this! Tsukimi and Nene and Yuu are counting on me! My fingers tighten on the bat and I swing with all my might. A mighty crack rings out through the air and the ball shoots off into the distance! It's going over the field, over the trees... It's headed straight for the yard by the shrine!!

Spending 5 points of Feelings on the Impression Check to make Cory an Admiration 2 connection (he has so many cool friends!!) and another 4 to blow that ball all the way to the Shrine!

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Dream to Kumo for a smashing performance!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Winding up, Tsukimi cringes back, holding the bat more like a shield without swinging it. There may be some cheers from her peers, but she fearfully steps up to the plate, closing her eyes and spinning around as she hits naught but air. As the final throw goes out, the bat goes into the air, and Tsukimi flees the plate in a panic, going to hide behind Kumo with near-teary eyes. “He threw it so fast- I don’t- that was scary-”, she blubbers, a total one-eighty from her bluster.

Going to just take the free failure!

"S, sorry..." Alma said sheepishly, as Tsukimi fled. She hadn't really meant to pitch so hard, but it just came naturally and she had a hard time holding back. She hoped there were no hard feelings.

"Ha, just like I thought, you girls might as well just give up now," Cory teased, stoking up the other boys to laugh at the plight of the poor bunny henge. He tried to keep up a tough front even as Kumo stepped up to the plate. She was a bit more worrying.

Tricky posted:

My mouth drops open in horror as Tsukimi is nearly destroyed by flying balls and is forced to throw the bat away to survive! Oh no... Maybe we can't do this after all? Tsukimi is the best ball baser around, after all, and what can I do if she couldn't even hit it? But still... I'm not going to give up!! This looks like so much fun and everyone looks like they like you if you're good at it!

I hug her close for a few moments, patting her back as she sobs into my shoulders, "It'll be okay, Tsukimi!! I'm going to try my best!" Turning back to the group, I grab the fallen bat and walk back to the bases. I copy Casey's stance as much as I can and give Alma a big smile, "Okay!! My turn!"

The first pitch tumbles through the air and I narrow my eyes in concentration. And then.... WHOOOSH! I swung too early! I thought that these pitches were going to be super fast!! Maybe Alma's taking it easy on me? As she wound back for the second pitch, I readied the bat and took a deep breath. Even though it would be really fun to play more of this ball game, Yotsuba is counting on us!! And maybe we can play more later after we clean...?

The ball tumbles slowly through the air towards me. It looks sooooooo delicious. I just want to leap up and grab it in my mouth and... and... bury it under a tree! But I need to be strong! I need to win this! Tsukimi and Nene and Yuu are counting on me! My fingers tighten on the bat and I swing with all my might. A mighty crack rings out through the air and the ball shoots off into the distance! It's going over the field, over the trees... It's headed straight for the yard by the shrine!!

Spending 5 points of Feelings on the Impression Check to make Cory an Admiration 2 connection (he has so many cool friends!!) and another 4 to blow that ball all the way to the Shrine!

The mouth of every kid on the field hung open in shock. Cory swept his ball cap from his head and held it in front of his heart as if in some kind of reverent baseball prayer to the angels in the outfield. There was a long moment of silence while all the boys looked off into the distance at the barely-visible shrine grounds.

"Holy cheese-whiz," Cory whispered.

Then, after the moment of awe had passed, Cory ran over to Kumo as quick as a flash. Reaching out, he grabbed her hands with both of his.

"H-hey what did you say your name was? Are you going to be living here from now on? That means you can join our team right? Right? You've just gotta join our team! I'll clean the shrine ten times over if you say you'll join! With an ace like you on our team... Ohhhh man this is gonna be so awesome! You'll join us, right?"

Cory's relation toward Kumo has changed to Admiration!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Dreams: 6 | Wonder: 3 | Feelings: 12

In the light of all this commotion, still lying down, Nene starts to snore gently. Her hair sightly amiss in the grass, with a cricket chirping resting on her nose.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Dreams: 1 | Wonder: 5 | Feelings: 1

A dream each to Cory and Alma for being good sports and, of course, a big dream to Tsukimi for stepping up to bat!

Everyone does like you if you're good at this game!! Oh, happy day!

Cory and his friends are excited and I'm excited and... And... I can join the team, right? That's okay? It's gotta be okay! Yotsuba said to make friends and help the town and I think this is what she meant? Oh well, I guess I can tell her about it after we make her happy by cleaning the shrine! It's gonna be so fast with everyone helping, I bet we can even play more after!!

I nod and smile, "I'm Kumo!!" Cory looked like he was waiting for me to say something else, too. What was it...? Oh right! The team! "And I'll join the team!"

This ball basing ended up being a lot of fun and we made a lot of new friends! Now, if someone would just toss me a stick... I could really go for a good chew after all this excitement! I look over to Tsukimi and Alma and Alice, "What should we do next?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Dreams: 9 | Wonder: 8 | Feelings: 4

It's okay, Tsukimi is just a drama llama. Rabbit. Bunny. One of those.

Because her eyes widen as the ball just flies away, and she pumps her fist, cheering before rubbing her eyes. "I didn't say who the Black Bat was, hm, that's the ticket...", she says, touching her chin as she looks away slightly. Then, she brags to Cory, "... you got played!.. which makes sense... because we're playing a game. I wonder why they put it that way." She seems to carefully consider that, quieting in thought.

Crouching down to poke Nene with a stick, she looks over to Kumo. "Well, we gotta find the old man!... but how do we do that?"

A dream to Cory as compensation for his loss, and one to Kumo for making the swing for the team!

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Dream to Nene for giving that poor cricket somewhere nice to rest.

Tricky posted:

Everyone does like you if you're good at this game!! Oh, happy day!

Cory and his friends are excited and I'm excited and... And... I can join the team, right? That's okay? It's gotta be okay! Yotsuba said to make friends and help the town and I think this is what she meant? Oh well, I guess I can tell her about it after we make her happy by cleaning the shrine! It's gonna be so fast with everyone helping, I bet we can even play more after!!

I nod and smile, "I'm Kumo!!" Cory looked like he was waiting for me to say something else, too. What was it...? Oh right! The team! "And I'll join the team!"

This ball basing ended up being a lot of fun and we made a lot of new friends! Now, if someone would just toss me a stick... I could really go for a good chew after all this excitement! I look over to Tsukimi and Alma and Alice, "What should we do next?"

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's okay, Tsukimi is just a drama llama. Rabbit. Bunny. One of those.

Because her eyes widen as the ball just flies away, and she pumps her fist, cheering before rubbing her eyes. "I didn't say who the Black Bat was, hm, that's the ticket...", she says, touching her chin as she looks away slightly. Then, she brags to Cory, "... you got played!.. which makes sense... because we're playing a game. I wonder why they put it that way." She seems to carefully consider that, quieting in thought.

Crouching down to poke Nene with a stick, she looks over to Kumo. "Well, we gotta find the old man!... but how do we do that?"

"Ya-hoooo! We got ourselves an ace boys!" Cory pumped his fist before grabbing both of Kumo's hands and shaking them again. "This is gonna be awesome! Alright boys, load up everything! We're going to clean that shrine!"

Though the other boys didn't seem quite as excited as Cory, they were all at least willing to follow their leader. Some of them were still looking dazedly at the sky, still in awe at the miracle smash they had just seen.

The twins listened to Kumo's question, and Alice hesitantly suggested:

"Um, well we might find some more kids at the Library. The middle school kids go there to study, and there might be some others too..."

Her sister, however, was doubtful.

"No way, no way. Those guys only care about getting ready for their tests, even though it's summer. They'll never agree to come along, even if you hit a hundred homeruns right in front of them!"

"Well, yeah... but maybe we can talk them into it somehow?"

"Im-po-ssi-ble. Let's just go back to the shrine. We have enough kids to get it done now."

The twins frowned at each other, then turned to their new friends, curious which path they would choose to take.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Dreams: 7 | Wonder: 3 | Feelings: 12

Upon being poked, Nene stirs slightly.

"Wallabys and their little pouches..."

When Tsukimi pokes her again she opens her eyes, bleary asking " 's time ta clean th' shrine?"

She gives a long stretch and yawns, looking at the new folks. "Don't suppose any of you have a snack?"

She notices the cricket and starts to drool slightly, staring down her nose with hungry eyes.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Yuu

Yuu turns around in his shrubby hidey-hole, flicking his tail like a flag while the kids' backs are turned. He's gesturing in the direction of the library, which is a little muted due to his not having hands right now.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Dreams: 2 | Wonder: 5 | Feelings: 1

I tilt my head and looked at Tsukimi, "What do you think? I bet we could clean the shrine too, but should we try to get these library people too?" I don't really know much about talking, I'm much more of a do-er!

And boy, Cory is really shaking my hands still. He must really like baseball!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Calming down from the excitement, Tsukimi declares, “Piece of cake!”, basking in the cheer as if she had everything to do with the victory. Well. She at least was an initiator? “Huh, cake sounds really good… but we can’t get distracted… by cake.” Looking down to Nene, she says, “We’re going, and you can’t just stay behind!” Poke, poke.

Her mood dampens a bit as she looks half-lidded at Yuu, and rolls her eyes dramatically. Uuuugh. “I guess… maybe… we should go to the library…”, she says laboriously. “... maybe somebody should help out this time, and by somebody, I mean Yuuuu.” She pouts at that, looking directly and apologetically at the fox. “We could split up, though, um... some of us could get started at the shrine, and maybe some of us could get the others at the library?"

Giving a dream to Alice for her prompting, and another to Yuu as encouragement!

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Splitting the party is perfectly A-OK. We can end the scene once everyone decides who's going where.

As Cory's handshake with Kumo went on for a tad too long the boys started snickering, one even shouted:
"What do you want to marry her or something?" Which was followed by a chorus of 'ooooo's

"Shaddup! I'm just happy to have someone who can actually hit a ball, unlike you guys!"

Blushing to his ears, Cory finally let go of Kumo's hands and instead ran a hand through his hair. Trying to cover his embarrassment, he changed the subject.

"Anyway, I'm not going to the library. If we're going to do this weeding stuff let's just go get started,"

"Same," Alma agreed.

"Well, I can take you to the library if you like," Alice said, looking to the new kids.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I nod energetically at Cory and Alma, "That makes sense to me, too!! Let's get started at the shrine!"

The boys seem to be teasing Cory over something, but I don't get it! What's marry, anyways? Maybe I misheard! Maybe they meant someone named Mary? Was there another friend to make? Eh, who knows! All I know is that I have made so many friends today! There's Alma and Alice and Cory and the rest of the boys... Maybe we'll even make friends with that old man at the shrine!

I look at Tsukimi and Nene, "What are you two going to do?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

A little scale sits in Tsukimi's brain. On one hand, there's 'working on cleaning the shrine', and on the other there's 'working to get some more helpers'. The scale seesaws with these two weights on it, and then finally she says to Alice, "Oh, I guess I can go to the library. Let's get some more help!" She pumps her fist in the air, hopping up and down.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Dreams: 7 | Wonder: 3 | Feelings: 12
-> 10

Gonna spend 2 feelings to ditch the fluffy tail

Smoke rises from underneath Nene's skirt as her tail is unmade. She rubs her eyes, before very slowly rising to her feet.

"I only caught the tail end of the conversation" Nene says to Cory smirking "But was it 'weeding' or 'wedding' you were interested in hat-boy?"

She stretches again, groaning. "Now I'm not one for manual labour if there is literally any other option, so I'm gonna go with Alice. Besides..." she wraps Alice in a big hug from behind "she's the coolest, who wouldn't want to go with her?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

[quote="grassy gnoll" post="472298303"]
Yuu

Unlike these other slackers, Yuu is already at the library, casing the joint. It seems probable he'll need some thumbs at some point here soon.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Tsukimi looks around for Yuu, and gets a little vein-throbby animation for a moment before sighing and looking over to Kumo. She fidgets with her obi for a moment. "You going to be okay helping them out on your own?" She tugs at her hair nervously. "I mean, I guess I could help out, if you need it." It's a bit of effort for her to try and take responsibility for... things... but she's trying!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Aww, I think Alice really wants to help out! It's so cute how shy she gets when she just wants to hint at things. I give her a thumbs-up, "More help is more better! That's how that works, right?" My eyes drift over to Nene, still half-covered in ground bits from her nap, and... Wait, where did Yuu go? Was he ever even here?? Maybe he went back to the shrine already to get started? I tilt my head, "But... maybe they need all the help at the library?"

Mm, I don't know what she should do at all! Alice is real smart and has good plans and would really help things out at the shrine. But she's also real smart and has good plans and would be perfect to talk to the big kids!! I think and think and think, but all that happens is my head gets all hot and steam poofs out of my ears.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"Well, somebody needs to help, so let's go!", Tsukimi says more forcefully, going to bluntly push Kumo vaguely shrineward. She probably doesn't make any progress even when she puts into her back into it, so she instead looks up at the taller girl, "Please?"

That's a proposal for Nene and Yuu to hit the library and Kumo and Tsukimi to work on the shrine, for the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I grin, "Okay!" See? I knew she was just super duper excited to help! She can't even wait for me to walk on my own!

I take her hand and raise my other in a triumphant fist, "Yeah! Let's get the shrine super clean!"

Going with that plan!

• Locked thread